Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Bryston Model T Review
aaaaaaaaaaaaa #394116 06/14/13 01:34 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Not sure if you are directing this at me?

It would seem puzzling that the person made the choices that were claimed. Some simply like to get reactions I suppose.

aaaaaaaaaaaaa #394117 06/14/13 09:28 AM
Z
Z
Originally Posted By: Hellcommute
Hey Zissou,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in your thread at AH you claimed to have owned these in the past:

Wilson Audio Sophia 1 ~ $11K
Wilson Audio Watt Puppy 7 ~ $22K
Revel Salon ~ $14K
Revel Salon2 ~ $22K

You also alluded to owning others like the Linkwitz Orion, KEF 207/2-- or at least spending time with them. Impressive. cool

The Revel Salon2 speakers are regarded as some of the best speakers in the world by many...... especially for accuracy and neutrality-- something Axiom has strived for with their products.

Now not to ruffle too many feathers, eek this is an axiom forum after all. It doesn't seem like a reasonable person would ever consider going "backwards" after such an astounding and prestigious speaker history. These are speakers people dream of owning for years, build entire systems, and save, and suffer to get them..... eventually.

Here are my questions for you; in your opinion, do the Bryston Model T's outperform the "best speaker in the world" or is it based on value for dollar you make the "revelation" statement?

Why the heck would you ascend from Wilson Sophias up the food chain to Revels, then end up at a puzzling end??

What's the real story here..... is it something fishy or reckless going on.

Yes I have owned those as well as the Magnepan MG20.1. Firstly there is no "best speaker in the world" by their very design they are imperfect devices and every design is a series of trade offs and strengths that culminate in the final product.
You are quoting new pricing and I have not bought new in many years, like cars let the other guy pay the depreciation.
Seems like everyone always comes back to the Revel Salon2 it has become the standard bearer if you will but in my opinion it's not even the best sounding speaker Revel makes I preferred the original Salon and the F52. The Salon2 measures impeccably and I am betting it achieves the goals Voecks et al set out for it but it is a rather cold and sterile transducer one I always respected but could not fall in love with. Indeed we spent more time tweaking the system than actually listening to music and when we did listen there was an emotional detachment from the music.
The Brystons have a set of strengths that I have not heard in any other full range, multispeaker system. Pretty safe in saying that had they not teamed up with Axiom and done this on their own the MSRP would have been many times higher just to recoup the cost of R and D involved.
I can assure you our system does not go "backwards" if the Model Ts were not such a unbique productt I would not be wasting my time here maybe if Bryston had priced these closer to 20K there would be the incredulity that seems to exist.
Quote:
Now not to ruffle too many feathers, eek this is an axiom forum after all. It doesn't seem like a reasonable person would ever consider going "backwards" after such an astounding and prestigious speaker history. These are speakers people dream of owning for years, build entire systems, and save, and suffer to get them..... eventually.

Don't for a moment think that I ever forget or take for granted how fortunate we are to be in a position to have owned all these speakers. Everyone has priorities for how they spend their income and this pursuit gives us the most pleasure.

Quote:
Here are my questions for you; in your opinion, do the Bryston Model T's outperform the "best speaker in the world" or is it based on value for dollar you make the "revelation" statement?

As I said in the beginning I certainly have not heard the best speaker in the world and truly doubt I ever will, that is if there is one it could change tomorrow.

The Brystons more than competes with anything I have owned, if they didn't they would have been sold off and I would have moved on. Their coherence and soundstaging abilities differentiate them from the from the other speakers I have owned whilst retaining their strengths.
This makes them a revelation and their price point makes this level of performance more accessible to more people. This in and of itself makes these a game changer.

Last edited by Zissou; 06/14/13 09:29 AM.
Zissou #394119 06/14/13 10:45 AM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Sorry BBIBH, I just always click reply as I get through the last post.

Thanks Zissou for your response. I'm looking forward to hearing these even more now. Congrats on your Brystons.

Gr8_White_North #394121 06/14/13 04:28 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
No worries Hellcommute, just making sure!

Zissou #394206 06/17/13 01:53 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: Zissou

This couldn't be further from the truth and I am still not sure why a glowing review of a product I truly believe in

I don't venture many other audio forums anymore.
Perhaps you can post your review in this thread.

I'm certainly interested in hearing some opinions on that Model T.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
aaaaaaaaaaaaa #394207 06/17/13 01:55 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: Hellcommute
H
Now not to ruffle too many feathers, eek this is an axiom forum after all. It doesn't seem like a reasonable person would ever consider going "backwards" after such an astounding and prestigious speaker history.

The only way this statement could ruffle feathers is if you are in the camp of " $ does not = quality".

Which it doesn't.
Just like wine.
Too bad though.
Would make selection alot easier knowing that linear relationship existed.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Gr8_White_North #394216 06/17/13 02:58 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Within the Axiom line, my experience, so far, is $ = quality. Perhaps within each individual line of speakers of the same company, $ = quality. Just not so across companies, $ wise.

Gr8_White_North #394289 06/19/13 12:29 AM
veteran
veteran
If I had hemorrhoids they’d be itching by now eek with this stupidly by those posters at AVS & AH...well at least “Hugh” is long gone (back in ’09 for those that don’t know)!!!LMAO!!!

It is really easy if you do not like Axiom's or any other speakers then do not buy them, still don't get this hatred for them????

Last edited by Stereoguy99; 06/19/13 12:31 AM.

Paradigm 800F,Paradigm C600,Axiom QS8 v3,Paradigm DSP-3100 Sub,AVR Anthem MRX-740
Gr8_White_North #394293 06/19/13 01:31 AM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
exactly, I mean I hate Volvo's but I don't go over to their forums and hate on them and suggest they get a Vega or something. No sure what it is these few select guys love to hate about axioms. To each their own I say .

Last edited by Socketman; 06/19/13 01:32 AM.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
chesseroo #394297 06/19/13 02:34 AM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
If all goes as planned I'll be auditioning them once back from vacation alongside others. The Bryston Model Ts are available for Demo in Calgary at Absolute Audio for anyone else interested.

I'll try to listen for similarities/differences to other speakers so I can give my impressions that will mean something comparison wise, rather than "magically holographic soundstage" etc. smile

I plan to bring a notepad to keep my thoughts straight for the report back. What a nerd, eh?! laugh

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters