Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Dedicated HT Upgrade Help...
Scott44 #395094 07/13/13 01:28 AM
shareholder in the making
Thanks, Nick. That makes sense.

I just found myself wondering if people all over were on their way to burning out their tweeters by bumping them up 3dB.

Quote:
I then had my daughter hold one end of the screen in front of the speaker, and then lift it out of the way.

Honestly, I may have been noticing it more since I could see the test (screen moving in front of and away from the speaker).

You know, if I ever DO have a room suitable for a projector, I'm going to ask you and your daughter to repeat this test, but ask you to close your eyes! grin

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
nickbuol #395096 07/13/13 01:46 AM
Nick, I was initially puzzled by your comment that some Audyssey measurements used the same position as another measurement. This wouldn't appear to be helpful, since each measurement has to be of at least a slightly different room environment. Dr. Kyriakakis has emphasized that the measurements shouldn't be widely separated in an attempt to "average" over a large listening area. He mentions positions clustered around the main listening spot, separated maybe a foot or two apart.

The study you link largely follows this pattern, but makes the basic setup with even less separation(e.g., 3-6"). Note though that all the positions are in fact different, being either to the side, the front or above(purple)the other positions.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

Scott44 #395102 07/13/13 02:14 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Agreed. That is what I did. I didn't use the "exact" same spots, keeping in mind that I have 4 seats in a row and not 3 so I did the first few at the "middle crack" of the two middle seats in the front row.

#1 was against the back of the headrest, #2 was at the front of the seat, #3 was the middle of seat, #4 was just in front of the seat, #5 and #6 were on the outside edges of the two middle seats against the head rest, #7 and #8 were in the middle of each of the outside two seats in the rear row, against the head rest.

So the mic got moved each time, but focused on the middle two seats in the front row instead of me doing a measurement at just about every seat.

We are going to watch a movie tonight so it will be interesting to see if there is a difference.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020