Audioholics
#395273 07/19/13 11:54 AM
P
PatCase Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
P
Don't know why I did it but, last night in an idle moment, I took a look at the outlandish comments about Axiom on the Audioholics site. Unfortunately, the only thing that I succeeded in doing is raising my blood pressure. It seems that Gene an others at Audioholics are at it again. This time their vitriol is being poured onto an apparent alliance between Axiom and storied Canadian hifi manufacturer, Bryston. According to the information on the Audioholics site, using Axiom hardware, Axiom and Bryston are producing a suite of speakers at premium prices. The discussion goes downhill from there. For pages and pages, Gene and others heap scorn onto Axiom and the quality of its gear. They dump on on the Bryston brand saying that it is selling substandard Axiom equipment to the public. I raise all of this because I cannot imagine that the unsupported allegations on the Audioholics site can be doing much good to either Axiom or Bryston. Frankly, it's all pretty distressing.

Re: Audioholics
PatCase #395275 07/19/13 01:01 PM
axiomite
axiomite
All we can do is ignore it. I've gotten sucked into those bash-fests too many times in the past. I don't give a rats arse about Gene or his stupid site. So much stuff there is opinion and useless.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
PatCase #395277 07/19/13 01:22 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Pat, Axiom and Bryston DO have an agreement regarding Bryston speakers.

I'm not going to bother to read the crap on the Audioholics site, but it seems from your post that you weren't aware of that fact.

Edit: Without getting involved, let me simply say that the fact that a very-well regarded company like Bryston chose Axiom to do the design work for their speaker line speaks very highly of their trust in Axiom.

Last edited by MarkSJohnson; 07/19/13 01:24 PM.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
PatCase #395291 07/19/13 05:07 PM
axiomite
axiomite
You'd think they'd get tired of grinding the same ax over and over again, and go on to something else after a while. Seems childish, if you ask me.

PatCase #395305 07/19/13 06:13 PM
J
connoisseur
connoisseur
J
funny things happen: Gene (the Supreme Commander) kicks out some members on maybes and doubts and rumors, then after getting the truth or facts, he reinstates them saying he made a mistake.

"shoot, and then ask: "friend or foe"".
:-S

i think exactly the same as nick here.

PatCase #395322 07/20/13 08:40 AM
P
PatCase Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
P
Oh, don't misunderstand me. I'm incredibly excited by the Axiom Bryston alliance. It's one more piece of evidence that I made the right choice in choosing Axiom. My music is one of the most important features of my life. I am a very proud Axiom owner. Although I'd heard rumours, I did not know of the Axiom Bryston alliance - good for both companies.

PatCase #395325 07/20/13 03:20 PM
local
local
If you are interested in finding out more factual info on the speakers in question, you can try doing an internet search on Bryston Model T Speakers. I have not heard them myself but it is true that they use Bryston drivers. I can't imagine how Bryston would put their name on them if they were anything less than excellent!

The comments on the site that you mentioned are probably mostly from people who have never heard Axiom or Bryston. They bash in ignorance and are best ignored!

PatCase #395326 07/20/13 04:38 PM
C
aficionado
aficionado
C
Originally Posted By: PatCase
Don't know why I did it but, last night in an idle moment, I took a look at the outlandish comments about Axiom on the Audioholics site. Unfortunately, the only thing that I succeeded in doing is raising my blood pressure. It seems that Gene an others at Audioholics are at it again. This time their vitriol is being poured onto an apparent alliance between Axiom and storied Canadian hifi manufacturer, Bryston. According to the information on the Audioholics site, using Axiom hardware, Axiom and Bryston are producing a suite of speakers at premium prices. The discussion goes downhill from there. For pages and pages, Gene and others heap scorn onto Axiom and the quality of its gear. They dump on on the Bryston brand saying that it is selling substandard Axiom equipment to the public. I raise all of this because I cannot imagine that the unsupported allegations on the Audioholics site can be doing much good to either Axiom or Bryston. Frankly, it's all pretty distressing.

Not to rehash an old and tired subject again, but, one has to remember what started all this. Anyone that has followed this nonsense understands the total hypocrisy on the part of the principles at Audioholics when on at least two occasions, I can't remember whether it was Gene or another of his cronies, visited the Axiom facilities in Dwight personally at least twice including the thirtieth anniversary party followed up by two in depth articles raving about the Axiom manufacturing processes, testing and R & D. It was only until after Ian and Gene had a disagreement about the marketing of Axiom speakers on their website and the ultimate withdrawl of the Axiom advertising did the knives start to be thrown. Clearly Gene and his buddies don't take rejection too well and we all know the story about the fake threads.

It is not surprising that even when someone questions the way they do things there at Audioholics(testing, reviews) etc. they get their backs up pretty easily and respond in kind. None of this is really surprising. Credibility is non-existent with this group.

PatCase #395331 07/20/13 11:19 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I had left Audioholics in my RSS aggregator even after the stunt they pulled. But you know what, they're not worth my time with less and less relevant articles they publish. The couple recent things about speakers I did read over there, always seemed to contain subtle jabs at Axiom.

Anyone who does still visit their forum, should make a signature that says something like, "A reviewer cannot be considered unbiased, when he's selling a competitor's product."

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, Marantz SR6011
Axiom M5HP, VP160HP, QS8
Sony PS4, surround backs
-Chris
PatCase #395455 07/23/13 11:39 PM
axiomite
axiomite
It's a conflict of interest to review products and advertise them or competitors products on their site. Just like car reviews, you can't trust them.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters