Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Port Tubes on the M60
#39682 04/07/04 10:47 PM
devotee
devotee
My apologies if you were insulted.

You DO have to admit that it was a pretty non-standard question to ask.

You know what they say, "curious minds want to know". You've struck a goldmine of curious minds in this place.

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.
#39683 04/07/04 11:23 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Ford the beauty of that is that it's 100% mathematically true (If you add that little "repeating forever" bar over the 9s that is...)

[black]-"The further we go and older we grow, the more we know, the less we show."[/black]
#39684 04/07/04 11:38 PM
shareholder in the making
Jim, what I was going to use as a little bit of audio humor if someone had followed up on my "small" comment is apparently not too far from what you actually have in mind. I was going to protest that the reference was merely to Richard Small of the Thiele-Small parameters and that you were interested in enclosure tuning. As chess indicated, I don't really believe that making use of the parameters can be done to give you the accurate timbre comparison that you're looking for.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

#39685 04/08/04 01:53 AM
Well, I guess I've got to come clean.

I really didn't intend to imply what people thought I did with my first reply. I was reacting to the newish propensity of certain people around here to diagnose how the speakers will sound or if they were worth the money by dissecting the speakers and asking about their components. Honestly, I didn't get what I said until about 3 days ago.... Guess I'm a bit dense.

However, I stand by what Chess et al. say. I think Axiom's got the timbre matching covered a bit better than any computer modeling program based on speaker parameters does.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
#39686 04/08/04 11:39 AM
veteran
veteran
"I should have waited longer to reply so I could see just how many more insults people could throw my way." That's some of these guys genius. You're either part of the club, or you're not...It's kind of like a college fraternity.

Good luck in your search.

#39687 04/08/04 04:19 PM
axiomite
axiomite
In reply to:

I should have waited longer to reply so I could see just how many more insults people could throw my way.

OK...I just went back and re-read all the posts prior to this one...I can't see anywhere that you were insulted. yeah, you got some goofy responses, but you also to at least two people who actually did the measurement for you - regardless of the reason you asked.

Relax, we're a bunch of clowns and have fun around here.

#39688 04/08/04 04:55 PM
tony,

If you really hate us all so much, why be a masochist and continue to visit?

#39689 04/08/04 05:33 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
In reply to:

That's some of these guys genius. You're either part of the club, or you're not...It's kind of like a college fraternity.

I've been here about 6 months and I've yet to see anyone be insulted here besides all the Eastern seaboarders making fahn of each others ahck-scents.

I think it's more like a comedy club - some get the joke, some don't.

Bren R.

#39690 04/08/04 07:01 PM
R
connoisseur
connoisseur
R
I am pleased that I stumbled across this board because of the sense of community, willingness to share opinions and knowledge, wit and humor displayed here. With very few exceptions, no one seems to take themselves or the subject matter too seriously and the help provided is priceless and relatively unbiased except to the common thread that Axioms are excellent products. The amount of opinions offered AND supported relative to other speakers is refreshing and offers a nice counterbalance. The exchange of personal information with each other and off-topic conversations is not to be found elsewhere. Most other forums are quite a bit less congenial.

Having said the above, I'm usually very disappointed when I see the kind of discussion that is starting here. I'm going to make an exception and participate in this one. Tony, to be blunt, your posts always seem to have an edge to them with an intent to stick a finger in someone's eye. I'm not really sure what is causing this, although I don't believe it has much to do with this forum. I've seen you include things in your posts like sarcastic accusations of cliquishness, acerbic comments about being a fraternity, petulant comments about "if you don't agree with me I'll quit" and a selection of other critical comments. I've only been here for a couple of months, but felt accepted from day one and that participation was encouraged. I've actually made a couple of new friends and learned quite a bit here. I'm not sure what is driving you, but you might be happier to get over yourself and participate, rather than chide folks at each opportunity. Your information is knowledgeable, concise and contributes to the benefit of all, but it needs to come in a more positive way. I'd prefer to see you here, but I'd like to see you also spread a little sunhine - it couldn't hurt. You will realize what I am saying if you stop and think as you reach for your keyboard to craft an in depth rebuttal and a lengthy diatribe about how wrong I and the other commentors are about what we have just posted.

I have nothing more to say on this subject, will not rebut any further comments on the subject and will not re-enter this thread.

#39691 04/08/04 07:04 PM
aficionado
aficionado
ray, maybe your wife will post to this thread....just kidding, well said.
dan ps. i don't know how to use smilies

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020