Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: LFR-880 and LFR-660
michael_d #398200 10/27/13 02:28 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
"Mikey" (I won't if you won't):

That is, of course, a very valid point about screen/tower heights. It's so much more about the music for me. I'm not too concerned that, compared to the 60's, the 100's are going to eat the room in more way than one. Damn the torpedoes (which is the name Bill will give them, preceded by an f-bomb)! Let the house rock!

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
ClubNeon #398203 10/27/13 04:57 PM
shareholder in the making
When are they due to come in, Bob?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
ClubNeon #398206 10/27/13 05:18 PM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
I have made a full post about the new LFR models in the What's New section. I also posted information about the new High Powered versions of the M60, M60, VP160, and VP180. This is a big week for new products!

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
ClubNeon #398219 10/27/13 09:05 PM
J
J
I wonder how many will read this and say "I need to get me those they will be loud, they are high powered."?

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
jakewash #398220 10/27/13 09:36 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
THE NEXT THING

Though only a couple of you have mentioned it here in print, I think it’s something that’s frequently on the minds of many.

When considering ordering the 100’s, I thought a lot about obsolescence. The v3’s have been shipping since late summer of 2009. When will there be v4’s? Will they begin shipping 6 months from now? Of course, the more pressing questions for each of us who may be ordering stuff now might be, “HTF is that gonna make me feel? Am I gonna be pissed, despondent? Will they have to increase my psych meds?” (Well, OK, only a few of us will be asking that last question, with many more of you lying YAO.)

What about the timing of the Axiom promotions? What about a promotion’s inclusions/exclusions? Again, am I going to feel, at the very least, annoyed?

The pace at which the Dynamics Duo is bringing both improved products and new products to market is not only remarkable, but approaching the changeling pace of the computer and cellphone industries. With so much going on “up there,” the amount of thought and planning that goes into promotions of any kind, the release of a new product, etc., has to consume a great deal of time and effort to do what’s best for Axiom to keep chugging at the pace they have been.

So, like I had to learn a long while ago, something will always come along that really catches your eye (and heart, and imagination) that says, “O.K. Now! Pull!” It could be a great price on something, new features, significant improvements to existing ones, all of the above, etc. The only way to hedge your bets with all things electronic is to get “it” the first week it’s available, thus ensuring the longest time as “state-of-the-art.” However, we are all aware of the expense of being a leading-edge consumer (bleeding edge consumer) and being, 3 years later, the only person you know with a 42” HDTV with one HDMI input. There’s usually a personal vow/blood oath involved at some point after that. It’s just how it all works.

I realized that ordering new speakers in 2013 is no different. Timing is simply doing the best one can do with the information one has at the moment. Of course, there are industries where that can be violated to one’s advantage, but remember----Martha went to jail for that. Then there are industries that send you a personal email offering you “such a deal,” you go all schmeckus and pull all sorts of triggers. “Whoa, shit! They read my f’mind. Even though I didn’t know it until this second, this is JUST what I’ve always wanted.” Right, Brent?

Many of you are too young to have seen American autos change every model, every year. We are not talking a new tail light treatment or grille, but whole new sheet metal, profile, interior, color choices, the whole schmear. At least I got to be there at the birth of planned obsolescence. By the 70’s, American mfgrs. realized that you could sell more new stuff even faster if you not only make it look old in < 3 years, but make it begin to fall apart then, too! Yeah! That’s how ya do it.

So, live in the moment, my friends. These times forbid any other options without being left behind. (Or far worse---FEELING like (others think that) you’ve been left behind.)

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
BobKay #398292 10/30/13 02:21 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: BobKay
Many of you are too young to have seen American autos change every model, every year. We are not talking a new tail light treatment or grille, but whole new sheet metal, profile, interior, color choices, the whole schmear. At least I got to be there at the birth of planned obsolescence. By the 70’s, American mfgrs. realized that you could sell more new stuff even faster if you not only make it look old in < 3 years, but make it begin to fall apart then, too! Yeah! That’s how ya do it.

Ian must have skipped out that day in manufacturing school. My M80s show no signs of falling apart and still sound damned good. Good enough that I can't justify replacing them.

Sigh, I'll just have to live vicariously through you Bob.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,464
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
2 members (chapin99, Cork), 195 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup