Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: How to post photos on the Axiom Forums!
MarkSJohnson #383942 10/10/12 06:53 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
Photobucket has changed their format & made it more cumbersome to post pics to our forum.

After much frustration & trial & error, the only way I could find an 'IMG Code' to select was to 'Right Click' on the small photo in your 'Library'. From the menu, select 'Open in Incognito Window'. A new window will open with the large photo with a pane to the right that contains the 'IMG Code' selection. Click on it & it will flash 'Copied'. Close the window & paste into your post in our forum. Repeat for all pics.

If anyone can find an easier way in Photobucket, please let us know....

TAM

MarkSJohnson #383948 10/10/12 07:21 PM
shareholder in the making
OP Offline
TAM, when I hover over one of the small images in an album, a box opens that shows my different options. By clicking on the address in the "IMG Code" window, it verifies that it's copied that address.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
MarkSJohnson #384009 10/11/12 05:04 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
Mark:

I just checked Photobucket again. When I hover over the small pics in my 'Library', I get a 'Hand Pointer' & a 'Gear Icon' on the upper right. I don't know why there is a difference between what you see & what I experience.

That said, I have stumbled upon a less cumbersome way to get to an 'IMG Code' option with what I'm seeing:

'Left Click' on the 'Gear Icon' & select 'Get media links' from the menu. A pane opens up showing 4 options - 'IMG Code' is at the bottom.

TAM

exlabdriver #384014 10/11/12 05:16 PM
My favorite place to post photos (other than my own Dropbox account) is imgur.com. You can drag-and-drop photos into the browser window. Super easy, and it even provides handy buttons that will put a link to your image into your clipboard for you. smile It also supports albums.

MarkSJohnson #398226 10/28/13 03:40 AM
old hand
old hand
I must be having severe senior moments!!! I decided to replace my avatar on my signature. My dog said it was time for change. So I uploaded a picture to Photobucket copied the IMG code pasted it in the URL address box clicked change and get the pop up box with the house avatars and no Photobucket picture? I also did the same with imgur.com site same results nada.

Now I have done this before..my dogs picture is proof....no he did not do it himself although he could not have done any worse then I have been doing! this is the image address I am trying to use. Any suggestions other then to seek professional help?

Good grief! I just did a preview of my post and my bloody picture showed up...after looking at it some more maybe I should stick with my dog's pic. SOOO if it works here why does it not work for changing my avatar?

Last edited by radtek2; 10/28/13 03:40 AM.

M80s VP180 QS8
SVS Elevation Spk.
SVS PC13 Ultrax2
Anthem 1120,Oppo 205
ADA Amp
LG OLED 65"

MarkSJohnson #398231 10/28/13 06:17 AM
old hand
old hand
Well after some trials and tribulations I see it works as the mug shot in the signature bears some resemblance to yours truly and not to his dog. I found that just doing the copy and paste seem to put too much info into the address so I chopped off the [IMG] on both ends and it worked!

I guess I can now assume that the cheese has not entirely slipped off my cracker and the grey matter still functions albeit a bit slower then in years past..but problem solved. laugh

M80s VP180 QS8
SVS Elevation Spk.
SVS PC13 Ultrax2
Anthem 1120,Oppo 205
ADA Amp
LG OLED 65"

MarkSJohnson #418950 05/06/16 03:23 PM
old hand
old hand
I've found another solution that works pretty well.

I put photos that I would like to post to the boards up on an account at Google Photos. The service is free, easy to use, virtually unlimited, and has some nice organization features built in. Whether or not you trust Google with your photos is a separate issue.

When I post a single image to the board, I don't necessarily want to inadvertently give viewers the capacity to browse my whole gallery (you can do this if you want to, but let's assume you don't for now). The solution is to select the single photo you would like to post within Google's gallery, and then "right click" on the expanded view of that image to select the option "Copy Image Address". This will give you a link to just the single photo, without an implied invitation to browse the entire collection.

The last issue is actually getting that image to show up in Axiom's board software. First, click the "Enter an Image" icon (in the "Full Reply Screen", etc. context). Then, post the link you copied from Google Photos into the pop-up text box. BUT ... if you leave it like this the Axiom software WON'T recognize it as an image and won't post it, since it doesn't recognize the address as pointing to a known image format. We can fix this easily. Here's the trick: A "?" (question mark) at the end of a web address is ignored, and following text is interpreted as "query string" meta data (key/value pairs for a form, etc). So, if we add a "?" to the end of the web address, anything after that will not alter the location to where it points. But, the boards want an image formatting tag, like JPEG, or etc. as the last item in the address. So, all together, we will just type "?.jpg" into the text box right after the pasted URL from Google, and voila ... everything works great! The Axiom boards now recognize the link as an image, and will correctly embed it, but the real URL has only had a meaningless comment appended, and still points to the same location on the web.

I recommend using the "non-floating" option in the pop-up image entry field. Otherwise, the image will tend to be shown at full size, and surrounding text will be very hard to read (very long text lines). If a viewer wants to see the full-size image, they can right-click to "open image in new tab", etc. If you want to get fancy, you can embed the image code inside a link, and then automate the usual "click to expand" functionality. However, this seems to have the effect of showing the image as full size in the post itself, which defeats the purpose. If you really want to work around the issue, I suppose that you could have two image sizes stored, linking to the larger, and embedding the smaller.

DSQ

MarkSJohnson #419519 06/19/16 09:46 PM
old hand
old hand
PS -- A note added to the prior: Make sure that you are selecting photos from within an "Album" view, which is public. If you are selecting from the top level "Photos" view, the images will not be accessible to persons not logged into your account. wink

MarkSJohnson #432490 06/07/19 08:26 PM
R
veteran
veteran
R
Could the website admins check what happened to my post?

I submitted my HT images last week with how it was setup in the Gallery. The post didn't show up so I thought that someone would need to check it first.

Now it is almost a week. I just want to make sure that the writing was not lost.

Thanks.

MarkSJohnson #438375 09/26/20 04:39 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Right now i can't post any new threads. I keep getting a system database error 'only visible by admins'. I can seem to post within existing threads ok.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020