Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Getting internet to your receiver..?
dakkon #399529 12/26/13 12:45 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
There is a way to reset just the network card on the Marantz which is pretty much a Denon , check you manual. If your laptop is getting an internet connection then your Marantz should too. Denon 3310 and 3311 had a similar network card issue so it may be something related. My 3311 worked fine when I got it then quit working , turned out to be my router was the problem. I did a restored on the router then the denon worked again.

BTW its -30 to -40 here and I run my network cable on the outside of my house,been like that for 4 yrs now.

Last edited by Socketman; 12/26/13 12:45 AM.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
Ken.C #399531 12/26/13 02:11 AM
dakkon Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: Ken.C
Do you have DNS set up on the receiver? If you've tried DHCP, I would expect that to come over with it, but if you're doing static, you'll need to set at least one DNS address.

Ken, when I was putting a static address in, I was also entering 2 DNS addresses as well... I ggrabbed them from the express, when it was in DHCP mode...

dakkon #399532 12/26/13 02:13 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Hmm. I'm guessing the issue is on the receiver side, in that case.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
dakkon #399534 12/26/13 02:28 AM
C
aficionado
aficionado
C
Originally Posted By: dakkon
I've got no idea....

The Marantz actually has a considerable amount of controls for networking. I can set a static IP within the Marantz (which i've tried), there is also DHCP as a networking option (which i've also tried... ) I should note that there is also a Diagnostic option; which confirms that the physical connection is good. ect.. It also reports if the unit has an internet connection... This test has always faile

I should note, there is also a Maintenance option, which is suppose to be reserved for customer service, or a pro installer.

This situation is somewhat perplexing, like you Casey i thought it would be straightforward and super easy.. All of the other settings on this unit has been completely painless to configure.

Hmm, very strange, with DHCP engaged, the connection between the Pre-Pro and the router, in my case and as I mentioned earlier my wireless bridge was automatic with no other configuration required. The moment I plugged in the cable within seconds it just automatically read the IP address and connected. I am assuming that once you were starting to have issues you did one or more reboots of the system to see if that made any difference and since you bought the 8801 has Marantz had any firmware updates? Also, night want to check with tech at Apple about the router as well.

Otherwise, at this stage, I guess a call to Marantz tech is your only option.

dakkon #399643 12/31/13 06:11 AM
M
old hand
old hand
M
If you've tried DHCP, I would anticipate that to come over with it, but if you're doing fixed, you'll need to set at least one DNS deal with.

dakkon #399648 12/31/13 08:04 PM
H
aficionado
aficionado
H
Dakkon,
Let me make sure I got this straight. If you unplug the cable from the Marantz, your laptop will grab an IP? Are you *sure* that you're not confusing the IP from the wireless of the laptop? I would turn off the wireless in your laptop and try again.

But make sure you use the cable that's connected to the Marantz. Might as well as kill two birds with one stone.

If your laptop grabs and IP via the Ethernet cable (with wirelss turned off), then plug it back into the Marantz, reboot the AE/Marantz to clear out the ARP table, and see if you can ping the IP address that you assigned to the AVR from your computer.

Then we can take it from there. I think you already mentioned that you see a link light on your AVR, correct?

Last edited by Hansang; 12/31/13 08:05 PM.

--
Denon 4520, EPIC80/500/VP180 Speakers
Hansang #399670 01/02/14 01:38 AM
dakkon Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: Hansang
Dakkon,
Let me make sure I got this straight. If you unplug the cable from the Marantz, your laptop will grab an IP? Are you *sure* that you're not confusing the IP from the wireless of the laptop? I would turn off the wireless in your laptop and try again.

But make sure you use the cable that's connected to the Marantz. Might as well as kill two birds with one stone.

If your laptop grabs and IP via the Ethernet cable (with wirelss turned off), then plug it back into the Marantz, reboot the AE/Marantz to clear out the ARP table, and see if you can ping the IP address that you assigned to the AVR from your computer.

That is what I did; used the cat 5 cable from the airport express to the laptop, with wireless turned off (to ensure I was connected to the network via ethernet through the airport) just like the marantz would be.

I did not think to ping the static address I assigned the marantz at the time. I could try that.

The link light for the applicable port does light up on the marantz

dakkon #399783 01/06/14 11:31 AM
M
old hand
old hand
M
Need more information on your system. I use an AE to get an Ethernet relationship to my equipment, eventually, but I'll need to know more about your installation before I may help.

dakkon #400363 01/25/14 08:50 PM
dakkon Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
So, evidently at some point, the Marantz grabbed an ip address from the router and downloaded a firmware update.

For all of the fighting i did (about 5 hours of messing with this thing) it seems to have worked a bit slower than i was expecting..

dakkon #400364 01/25/14 09:08 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
So are you now saying everything is working as expected? Good to hear.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020