Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Enough is Enough..
JBG #401129 02/16/14 11:18 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hell I would be down at FedEx bangin on the door, and shouting expletives. smile

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
JBG #401147 02/17/14 01:13 PM
axiomite
axiomite
We had a parcel delivery a couple of weeks ago when things were icy. He took it right to our door instead of just putting a card in our mail box at the road. I asked him how my icy driveway was and he said "a blast" and even handed me my paper mail to to save me a trip. (Probably a felony cause he wasn't Canada Post but it was a nice thought.) He took a run going back up the lane as now he was going uphill. He fishtailed a bit and just missed the pine tree where it gets narrow.

You folks just need more Canadian courier drivers. We recruit them from aging ski jump teams, I think.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
JBG #401156 02/17/14 04:33 PM
axiomite
axiomite
The only courier i've had issues with is UPS.
They are the only one that leaves parcels at the door if i'm not home. Purolator, CanPost and Fedex all leave notes telling me where to pick up the next day.
UPS apparently doesn't care less if it's raining (when they left my new monitor outside in the summer), and in this winter, i wouldn't find a parcel under all this snow until spring.
I refuse to use UPS for anything.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
JBG #401163 02/17/14 05:56 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Yup UPS left my new amp out on the porch, even though both my kids and the tenant in the basement were home. Guess it was too heavy. wwwaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
JBG #401176 02/18/14 12:23 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I waited at the top of the hill for several hours - as my drive was still "impassable" at least to the wimpy Fed Ex driver. She finally showed - glanced at me - no wave, no smile, started a turn around. I thought she was getting ready to drive off so I gave a loud whistle. She jumps out of the truck, clearly irritated and said "I WAS JUST TURNIN AROUND, Turnin around". I just gave her a Dillygaf, signed the machine and put the receiver in the back of the Expedition and drove off.

You guys send some of your drivers down here when we have a storm. They could make a bunch of OT filling in for our "empowered" drivers.

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill
chesseroo #401177 02/18/14 02:36 PM
C
aficionado
aficionado
C
Originally Posted By: chesseroo
The only courier i've had issues with is UPS.
They are the only one that leaves parcels at the door if i'm not home. Purolator, CanPost and Fedex all leave notes telling me where to pick up the next day.
UPS apparently doesn't care less if it's raining (when they left my new monitor outside in the summer), and in this winter, i wouldn't find a parcel under all this snow until spring.
I refuse to use UPS for anything.

Yep, I would agree, however, if you think UPS is bad now, I personally, just cringe with any stuff that I have ordered out of the US in which the shipper at origin uses them. UPS adds importation fees that they shouldn't be adding and they won't give you the goods until you pay. Earlier last year I ordered a $2000 video processor from Lumagen in Oregon and their regular carrier is UPS, however, I insisted that if I was going to purchase the unit it must be shipped via PO. They agreed and even though the actual shipping cost was more, in the end, with the elimination of the mysterious fees that UPS charges, my overall shipping costs were considerably less along with less hassle and I received the package in the morning. UPS delivers up until 8:00pm and there are times I have waited around all day not receiving the parcel until 7:00pm or even later. In the case of Axiom, I gather they are using them because a sales person from UPS came in giving them a better per parcel deal otherwise I don't see why anyone would want to use them as a carrier.

If I decide to import anything(which is rare now)and the company uses UPS and they insist on using them, I don't buy. It's not worth the aggravation.

Last edited by casey01; 02/18/14 02:43 PM.
JBG #401183 02/18/14 06:08 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
I won't purchase anything from the US if UPS is involved. They charge ridiculous, needless, punitive 'Brokerage Fees' at the border that I will not pay.

USPS is the only way to go. I've had great success with them.

BTW, with my latest UPS shipment a couple of weeks ago from Axiom (VP160) the carton was beat up more than any previous ones (FEDEX I believe); however, no visible damage occurred. Great packaging by the Axiom shipping crew...

TAM

JBG #401188 02/18/14 08:27 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I bought my new amp from emotive and they took care of everything. Shipping , duty ,taxes blah blah blah , only 200 bux from tennesse to the Yukon and it came UPS. But once it gets to Edmonton , Greyhound handles it to Whitehorse and a Purolator truck dropped it off. Same thing happened when I got my M80's ,Axiom sent them ups and greyhound took over and managed to misplace one for a few days.

richard

M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
JBG #401189 02/18/14 10:13 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
I just came in from snow blowing and I’d say we have close to a foot right now from today's storm and several more hours before it's over.

I measured 29" in our backyard as of earlier today.

Thank God I bought the Ariens last year. Best snow blower I've ever owned. It handles well, goes through everything and throws it one hell of a long distance!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
exlabdriver #401191 02/18/14 11:18 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
I won't purchase anything from the US if UPS is involved. They charge ridiculous, needless, punitive 'Brokerage Fees' at the border that I will not pay.

USPS is the only way to go. I've had great success with them.

This has also been my experience. The first time i received an item from the US via UPS, i got an invoice a week later for $75 which was almost half the amount the unit cost me! (a vintage stereo amp)
This was years back and since that point i learned alot more about 'brokerage' fees. Being so close to the border, there is a company called Pembina Parcel service that sits in N. Dakota and holds your items for pickup. You bring the item across the border yourself, no fees.
Of course, i still have to take the time to drive an hour to the border and back.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020