Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment
AlaskanAVGuy #402927 04/12/14 02:30 AM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
AVGuy,
If you're willing...

I am curious to know, when measuring from the MLP 11' away, at what SPL do I run out of headroom/amp?
In my 7.1 screen room I have 3 V3 M80HP's with V4 tweeters. They are powered by an axiom amp, the ADA1000-4.
I don't plan on listening at the level you confirm but thought it would be neat to confirm its a non issue at the moment.
That said my sound proofing efforts really paid off. If I had confirmation I could increase the SPL while I was out of the room and confirm I had an appropriate amount of head room I probably would try it out.
I am not a math guy, this is a legit question. If you need more info just ask.
I need an excuse to buy a ADA1500-4. Please help.

Last edited by brwsaw; 04/12/14 02:31 AM.

AlaskanAVGuy #402937 04/12/14 12:56 PM
J
connoisseur
connoisseur
J
anyone has ever seen "Father knows best", a 50s TV series?
i've seen a couple of episodes when i was a kid,
and it's starting all over again...

behave now, children...
daddy will be back!
if you're not nice, he will "correct" you. (The Shining)

(could not help it! lol)

Last edited by J. B.; 04/12/14 01:01 PM.
AlaskanAVGuy #402939 04/12/14 01:00 PM
shareholder in the making
Just don't forget, guys, you're wrong.

And I'll damn we'll post whatever I want within the forum rules in any damned thread I want.

I'm still pretty sure that this dude is one of our old buddies back under a different name. He knows all the buttons.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
AlaskanAVGuy #402940 04/12/14 01:05 PM
J
connoisseur
connoisseur
J
Ken.C,
he's listed under the same username in AVS and many others.

Last edited by J. B.; 04/12/14 01:05 PM.
AlaskanAVGuy #402941 04/12/14 01:25 PM
Oh fine. ;-)

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
AlaskanAVGuy #402943 04/12/14 02:10 PM
J
connoisseur
connoisseur
J
on April 7th. last i sent the "teacher" this PM to which i still have no answer and see no change in behavior even after 5 days:

"i would like to suggest the idea that diplomacy can go a very long way.

have a good day! :-)"

Last edited by J. B.; 04/12/14 02:11 PM.
AlaskanAVGuy #402955 04/12/14 04:28 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Quote:
I see so I should shut up because you don't like to discuss A/V Fundamentals and I started this Thread for this very purpose. Once again you troll & bully your way around this thread and have yet to add anything meaningful to the conversation. I already understand everything you have posted. Your not teaching me anything new here. Just wasting space rehashing old topics...how about I follow you around and make snide remarks at everything you post? Would you be as polite as I have been. Putting aside personal differences.

Well i'm too mature and have to much respect to Troll you, you have no honor. And so your remarks have no effect on me at all. If you want to bring up a discussion about something on topic then maybe we can learn something useful about Tech Specs that's relevant, as i've never once claimed that I know everything. I came here to bring up this Topic in the hopes that I might actually learn something useful that i've overlooked or been ignorant of. If you can have an intelligent discussion without making everything you post personal and passive aggressive i'd love to talk with you. However if you want to blog about your personal problems go start one.

If you want and an apology then fine I Apologize for the way I discuss A/V equipment. Now back to the Topic at hand lets all grow up and act like mature men here. My children know better than to bully their peers and if they did I would explain to them that it's wrong. Just because someone's different than them. Which seems to me, to be your problem with me, which is that i'm very technical and love talking about A/V Equipment instead of how I feel about my setup. I use measurements not metaphors. Except in the case of the basketball analogy where I was trying to make a discussion that you could relate too. Which was that Fundamentals are key and never beneath discussion and practice such as anything you do in life.

How pathetic. It's time for YOU to be taught some BASICS my pompous new acquaintance. Your shallow apology isn't close to genuine in my view.

My experience here and the reason I visit daily is because in general people are respectful, kind, and informative. Regardless of the wealth of knowledge you claim to grace us with (some of which is incorrect), your approach is UNACCEPTABLE despite numerous attempts by others to enlighten you. You apparently are inexperienced as to how to treat others on the net. In this sense you are the NEWB.

YOU'RE acting more like a bully and troll here. I don't want to hear about staying on topic pal. You're no moderator, just some guy who started a thread. You're ATTITUDE has overshadowed the topic. My suggestion is to take others advice and start a blog elsewhere and see how you do.

If you stay much longer, find a way to ERASE your condescending tone.

You WILL NOT continue in this way and not be called out by me and others.

DO NOT PM me. It will become public.

It is YOUR maturity level that must reach ours. You are OUR student in this regard. It's been a while since someone like you has come along. Let us see if you improve.

Next.

Epic 80 / SVS PB13 Ultra
Denon 3805 / M2200 Outlaw Monos /
Sammy 55" LED
AlaskanAVGuy #402957 04/12/14 04:39 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
Well, that says it all...

TAM

brwsaw #402959 04/12/14 05:05 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
Originally Posted By: brwsaw
AVGuy,
If you're willing...

I am curious to know, when measuring from the MLP 11' away, at what SPL do I run out of headroom/amp?
In my 7.1 screen room I have 3 V3 M80HP's with V4 tweeters. They are powered by an axiom amp, the ADA1000-4.
I don't plan on listening at the level you confirm but thought it would be neat to confirm its a non issue at the moment.
That said my sound proofing efforts really paid off. If I had confirmation I could increase the SPL while I was out of the room and confirm I had an appropriate amount of head room I probably would try it out.
I am not a math guy, this is a legit question. If you need more info just ask.
I need an excuse to buy a ADA1500-4. Please help.

I'd still be curious to know a semi official answer.
To remove a few of the variables, please consider 2.0 or 3.0 with the M80HP's only.
I'm fairly certain the 1000 and HP's are a perfect match in this room. I know I have quite bit of head room but the movies I watch will chew through that fairly quickly in the instantaneous peeks.

AlaskanAVGuy #402982 04/13/14 12:19 AM
veteran
veteran
Guys, just ignore the Alaskan a$$. He believes is like Khan a superior intellect and we all should bow to him. Don't feed him and he will go away. I for one will avoid this forum for a while as I am tired of this nonsense.

Last edited by Boltron; 04/13/14 12:24 AM.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters