Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The 13 year loyalist
chesseroo #403275 04/18/14 03:00 PM
axiomite
axiomite
It's a clandestine institution operated by Dr Evil in the guise of social media.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
exlabdriver #403303 04/19/14 07:39 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
Thankfully I'm too old to have joined the 'social media' thing; however, since I updated all of my Axiom sound systems starting in 2010, I began hanging out here with all of the fine folks who provide so much good natured banter here. This is in contrast to some of the other sites where nastiness is so prevalent.

I too rekindled my long but waning interest in my sound gear & spend far less time watching TV than I used to.

Anyway, welcome back, & be aware, upgradeitis may strike, especially with Axiom's new model lines enticing you, ha!

TAM

The social media thingy has affected people of all ages. So if you have steered clear of it, its you and not you age.

I totally agree that this is one of the fewest sites where there are so many gentlemen. The only other sites which is very similar to this is at badgerandblade.com and straightrazorplace.com. Very down to earth folks who have fun perfecting the art of shaving and teaching others the art of going old school.

Upgradeitis may strike but fortunately I'm too far away to get Axioms. No dealers in India to tempt me smirk

pmbuko #403304 04/19/14 07:44 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted By: fredk

smile
Indeed. Its fun to see all the things that Axiom is up to, but all I need to do is put on some of my favourite tunes and maybe a rumbly movie to remind me that I got exceptional value for my money.

So true. I played the Yanni - Acropolis video today for the kids (poor quality video) but the music still sounded so good. So did Metallica's S & M. The orchestra pieces have so much depth.

Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Welcome back, and thank you for telling your story!

Thank you tomtuttle and everyone else too.

Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Great to hear from you again, Shankar. I am honored to be named in your post. smile

Believe me, the honour's all mine smile

aquashankar #403338 04/19/14 06:20 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
The other audio site that I enjoy is Home Theater Shack. For the most part, the members are mature & the admin staff doesn't put up with any juvenile BS that is so prevalent elsewhere...

TAM

aquashankar #403340 04/19/14 07:11 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: aquashankar
Originally Posted By: fredk

smile
Indeed. Its fun to see all the things that Axiom is up to, but all I need to do is put on some of my favourite tunes and maybe a rumbly movie to remind me that I got exceptional value for my money.

So true. I played the Yanni - Acropolis video today for the kids (poor quality video) but the music still sounded so good. So did Metallica's S & M. The orchestra pieces have so much depth.

Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Welcome back, and thank you for telling your story!

Thank you tomtuttle and everyone else too.

Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Great to hear from you again, Shankar. I am honored to be named in your post. smile

Believe me, the honour's all mine smile

Well, my new meds really must be working! He said he watched Yanni at the Acropolis and I didn't say anything at all, nor did my head explode.

I once asked Ian, no, no, Alan, if there was any music or voice that could damage an Axiom speaker, and do you know what he said?

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
BobKay #403356 04/20/14 03:54 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted By: BobKay

Well, my new meds really must be working! He said he watched Yanni at the Acropolis and I didn't say anything at all, nor did my head explode.

I once asked Ian, no, no, Alan, if there was any music or voice that could damage an Axiom speaker, and do you know what he said?

Ah, looks like Yanni is not on any acceptable list here.

What did Alan say? What music damages an Axiom speaker?

aquashankar #403364 04/20/14 04:26 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: aquashankar

Ah, aquashankar, you have done what few here have managed.

I am DEEPLY sorry that you were not previously informed that I am a jerk, and I almost never mean what I way. I am frequently a sarcastic, sometimes mean-spirited, contrary asshole, but never without the intent of someone getting a laugh. And, yes, I confess as well, that I have sacrificed many good souls for a laugh; sometimes even mass-sacrifice for a single laugh.

I am a very bad person and unworthy of your totally genuine approach.

I have had more than one (always) fun and informative conversation with Alan. He never, ever said that the recording of any music or any artist would damage any Axiom speaker. I do think he forgot about Celine Dion and Geddy Lee though, but that's just because, like him, he thinks they're Canadian. I've read that they were both grown from pods.

Ah, looks like Yanni is not on any acceptable list here.

What did Alan say? What music damages an Axiom speaker?

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
BobKay #403379 04/21/14 03:44 AM
axiomite
axiomite

"Don't ever play a recording of yourself, OK Bob?"

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
BobKay #403383 04/21/14 04:34 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand

I am DEEPLY sorry that you were not previously informed that I am a jerk, and I almost never mean what I way. I am frequently a sarcastic, sometimes mean-spirited, contrary asshole, but never without the intent of someone getting a laugh. And, yes, I confess as well, that I have sacrificed many good souls for a laugh; sometimes even mass-sacrifice for a single laugh.

I am a very bad person and unworthy of your totally genuine approach.

I have had more than one (always) fun and informative conversation with Alan. He never, ever said that the recording of any music or any artist would damage any Axiom speaker. I do think he forgot about Celine Dion and Geddy Lee though, but that's just because, like him, he thinks they're Canadian. I've read that they were both grown from pods.

BobKay, I do believe there is no need for you to be deeply sorry. I had a good laugh myself at your post. We are all entitled to our views and sarcasm keeps things lively. In fact, extreme views on a topic make us see two sides of the same coin.

Trust me, I have seen truly "bad persons" when I experienced the gulf war first hand. You come across as an honest person who has the guts to be open on a forum.

Grown from pods? smile

I also got the joke you made about someone's music damaging a speaker. Just wanted to know what your opinion was. I do not know who Geddy Lee is but I am going to listen to some of his/her music now to see what you are talking about. Cheers.

aquashankar #403384 04/21/14 10:38 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
If you want to hate Geddy Lee, listen to some of his solo stuff. If you actually want to like him in spite of the voice, listen to some Rush.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters