Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Axiom bashing
huskydave #404360 05/19/14 12:31 PM
M
old hand
old hand
M
Most individuals are not revealed to a well created presenter overall and when they listen to one, they know it.

huskydave #404602 05/24/14 02:54 PM
I
old hand
old hand
I
Hi guys, new member here. I like to put my thought on this subject.

Some people buy things for the look, some people buy things for the performance, some people buy things for its value, and some people buy things...well, just because they CAN. I been browsing some audio forums in the last few days doing some research on Axiom LFR1100 and noticed there are some people out there who don't care for Axiom, some outright just laugh at Axiom,and there are few these individuals who even wanted to axe Axiom to death. To whose people I say everyday we make choices, wither it's good one, bad one, right one, or wrong one. It's understandable that we like to rely on other's recommendation or we just want OUR choice to be right/justifiable. That's perfectly fine. But really, how boring would life be if we all end up driving the same car, same design of house, listening to the same set of stereo? There are hundreds if not thousands audio brands out there, who is to say which brands is the best. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I say don't worry so much and just enjoy what you have and if you really hate it. There is always that 30 days return policy smile

Cheers

Howard
-------
Please excuse my English or spelling as it's not my first language smile

huskydave #404683 05/27/14 07:47 PM
S
buff
buff
S
I almost didn't buy Axiom's due to the hate on another site, but after listening to these for awhile now I can say with 100% confidence that I will not be upgrading any time soon and when I do Axiom will definitely be at the top of my list of options. I'm using 3 M22 in walls for LCR and 4 QS8's for surround and rear surround in my home theater and they put a smile on my face from ear to ear every time that I turn them on.

UMC-200, XPA-3, XPA-5, iNuke 3000DSP, M22's for LCR, 4 QS8's, 2 Ultimax 15" in DIY 12cuft ported box
huskydave #404684 05/27/14 08:03 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
Thankfully it has diminished dramatically in the last while. I believe that the great reviews of the LFRs & Brystons (Axiom built) out there plus the M100s (along with several other excellent brands) at HTS by 3 credible 'experts' made a big difference in the attitude out there. The negative BS just doesn't stand up to proper scrutiny anymore & never did IMO.

Furthermore, several of us here won't put up with any of the juvenile BS that we find out there either & unrelentingly provide a counter view when appropriate...

TAM

Ian #404700 05/28/14 01:27 AM
H
hobbyist
OP Offline
hobbyist
H
This is what I was shooting for. I wanted people to know what my experiences were in the real world. I have owned a lot of high powered or big speakers but if I really pushed them even with a really clean track, I was always on the volume up and down to save the weaker drivers. I don't have that problem with the Axioms they just take it and don't distort as much at high volume. I like that they are transparent, It forces me to listen to better quality music and if they can take me pounding on them for over a year they are good. I have 2 kids and I don't get to crank my system very much anymore but when I do Im up all night sending it the tracks that will push it to the limits. I am Canadian and I love a good product from North America, I have auditioned my speakers to many people and they can't believe their ears. I have listened to better speakers than what Axiom has to offer but they are out of reach for the average person and it boils down to what you like? I don't like crossovers that cover up bad recordings. I have found when testing speakers you need to play a bad track then a good track, some speakers will make a bad track sound good but they will make a good track sound ok, others will make a good track sound good but a bad track sound horrible and I think a lot of people were fooled by Axiom by playing bad tracks and thinking the speakers sounded bad because their poor recording from an iphone compressed 2 or more times made the song sound weak.

Last edited by huskydave; 05/28/14 01:31 AM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters