Cohesion #406327 07/25/14 06:30 PM
M
MMM Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
M
Originally Posted By: cohesion
It sounds like you need to call Axiom support again. Perhaps there is a problem with the DSP after all!

Maple.. that's like Canada's Wonderland area. A heck of a shorter distance than going up to Dwight.

I am wondering as I know that you have LFR1100's if it would be possible if I could arrange some time to visit with DSP and an Amp in toe and give it some tests against a known working unit? They are pretty sure that the issue is not inside the speakers, and they are the Q-B to move around. But an Amp and DSP will easily fit in the back seat and love to go for a drive.

The last time that I spoke with Axiom it looked like I would be taking a drive up there with my amp and DSP and leaving it with them for a week or so.

I am thinking now that you are quite a bit closer and if your equipment doesn't do what mine does, then there is little argument that can be had when I say HEY.. its been tested and ...

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5
Re: Anoying humm in my LFR1100
MMM #406384 07/29/14 02:05 PM
local
local
Hi Matt,

Yes, I'm certainly closer than Dwight but actually a bit further than Wonderland. I'm almost in Richmond Hill -- the wrong side of Maple for you!

Anyway, yes, I'd be happy to have you come over and bring your DSP and amp. When would you like to do this? Evening or weekend?

I am sure if there were any hum in my LFRs I'd have heard it by now but our first step will be to have you listen to my existing system to confirm this. You may want to bring a CD, DVD, or Bluray that is familiar to you. Is your current hum/hiss constant or does it vary depending on source material?

We may want to get some direction from Axiom but I'm guessing the first thing to try would be switching your DSP with mine. If that doesn't result in any unexpected hiss or hum I would think it essentially rules out your DSP as being the cause of the problem.

Cheers!

Mike

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
2 members (Cork, chapin99), 316 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup