Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Now or Never
BobKay #406813 08/27/14 02:48 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: BobKay
Really, Fred, ...
Edit: My fault! We're off-topic again. Were we talking about Quebec moving to France and offering assistance?

Mkay then. Is the cranial pressure getting a little high Bob?

Seriously though, why would Quebec want to take over a country that speaks funny French? Not to mention they're having serious political problems at home. The separatists don't gots no parliament to dissolve, let alone enough elected officials to take over more than a corner office or two.

Hmm... maybe they do need Rob Ford.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #406830 08/27/14 03:00 PM
BobKay Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Fred, just because YOU don't need any of the extra closet space that would be left after Quebec moves to Europe, doesn't mean that others feel the same way.

Ontario, Newfoundland, and New Brunswick could use the whole place as a storage unit.

Last edited by BobKay; 08/27/14 03:02 PM.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
BobKay #406854 08/28/14 12:33 PM
axiomite
axiomite
An empty Quebec won't work for storage. Everything would smell like spilled wine and cheese curds.

Roch Voisine would refuse to leave, just like he refuses to retire from his music career and would be skulking around everybody's stuff.

AND we already have a maple syrup shortage and your plan would simply cause a disaster!!!!

- Ontario would refuse to take care of the Maple Syrup industry because the majority of the population lives in the greater Toronto and Ottawa regions and they think a forester is just an ugly AWD car.

-New Brunswick has maple syrup skills but everybody is already in Albert working the oil fields or they have returned home and are too busy spending all thier money on four wheelers, snow mobiles and NASCar clothing.

-Newfoundlanders, while always cheerful and helpful, would just find some way to distill all the syrup into a maple flavored rum.

Worst of all!!!
Can you imagine the carnage if all of the Quebecers leave and Bonhommeis left alone and unattended. I imagine a rampage that we have not seen the likes of... well, since the demonic possession of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in Ghostbusters.

Just look what happened the last time he got away from his handlers and tried to drop kick the Prime Minister. Not that I blame him,actually.

I'm sorry Bob. Your plan has merit but for the good of all. Quebec has to stay.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
fredk #406859 08/28/14 03:18 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: fredk
Well yes, 25ish% of Torontonians are either brainless, on drugs or totally whacked (or all three??), but the polls are very telling. Mr. Ford has no real room for improvement and over a longer term, is losing popularity.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/to...n_new_poll.html

"Support for Ford grew 6 percentage points from early August, while Tory dropped 1 percentage point. Chow slid 2 percentage points while Soknacki dropped by 1 percentage point."

31% in the latest poll. Much more fun than "reality TV".

Last edited by bridgman; 08/28/14 03:22 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8
Murph #406868 08/28/14 08:00 PM
BobKay Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: Murph
An empty Quebec won't work for storage. Everything would smell like spilled wine and cheese curds.

Roch Voisine would refuse to leave, just like he refuses to retire from his music career and would be skulking around everybody's stuff.

AND we already have a maple syrup shortage and your plan would simply cause a disaster!!!!

- Ontario would refuse to take care of the Maple Syrup industry because the majority of the population lives in the greater Toronto and Ottawa regions and they think a forester is just an ugly AWD car.

-New Brunswick has maple syrup skills but everybody is already in Albert working the oil fields or they have returned home and are too busy spending all thier money on four wheelers, snow mobiles and NASCar clothing.

-Newfoundlanders, while always cheerful and helpful, would just find some way to distill all the syrup into a maple flavored rum.

Worst of all!!!
Can you imagine the carnage if all of the Quebecers leave and Bonhommeis left alone and unattended. I imagine a rampage that we have not seen the likes of... well, since the demonic possession of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in Ghostbusters.

Just look what happened the last time he got away from his handlers and tried to drop kick the Prime Minister. Not that I blame him,actually.

I'm sorry Bob. Your plan has merit but for the good of all. Quebec has to stay.

Andrew, you know much better than I on matters Canadoid, so I will defer. However, if by "all" you mean "only" the rest of Canada, then I'm still for the Trail of Poutine Tears to Toulouse.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
bridgman #406903 08/30/14 04:06 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Too funny Murph. I'll have a jug of that maple syrup rum you've been drinking.

Originally Posted By: bridgman
31% in the latest poll. Much more fun than "reality TV".

For those of us outside of Toronto, yes.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 354 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup