Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Making the most of what life throws at you
#407103 09/09/14 03:01 PM
Murph Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
I have to give this lady all the credit that is due to her.

Yesterday i was taking my usual lunch time walk when I noticed a lady walking ahead of me. She was maybe in her mid to high sixties but this is only relevant when you get to the end of the story.

She was wearing a Very blue shirt that had already caught my eye but something about her walk caused me to look even closer. At first, I couldn't figure out what it was. Then I noticed that her right arm was noticeably longer than the left as she swung them back and forth. Her left arm ended somewhere at the mid-thigh but her right arm went pretty much to her knee.

OK, so no biggie. She was obviously otherwise super fit for her age by the way she walked with so much energy, so all is well.

Then it happened. She turned around to look into the window of the Great George St. Gallery and I saw the front of her blue shirt. She was proudly sporting a Fantastic Four symbol on it !!!!

For those who might not catch the relevance, the leader of the Fantastic Four's super power is the ability to stretch his entire body to insane lengths and shapes.

Now maybe she is just, like me, a person who never grew up and still enjoys the odd comic book or maybe one of her kids was playing a cruel joke, but I got the impression from her obvious comfort with her uniqueness, her energetic walk and her grin as she looked in at the gallery that she was probably the type of person who was given a bit of a challenge in life and she was running with it, making it her own.

KUDOS Super Cool Lady!!!!!! I wanted to chat with her about her shirt but I settled for exchanging a friendly hello as I went around her as I'm pretty sure she caught me smiling at her shirt as I walked by.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Re: Making the most of what life throws at you
Murph #407105 09/09/14 08:34 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
That is sweet. Good for her. She'd be perfect for a man with deep pockets..... Bad joke.

You were walking near the row? You in town? Hmmmmm..... Me too.

AAAA #407110 09/09/14 09:37 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Originally Posted By: Serenity_Now
You were walking near the row? You in town? Hmmmmm..... Me too.

Murph, are you sure Serenity doesn't look like a woman from behind?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
MarkSJohnson #407111 09/09/14 10:08 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
So, Murph, I guess someone would have to custom knit her sweaters, eh? And WTF is "high sixties?!" I would hope so!

I had (still have) a friend from 9th grade who had polio in his leg, so he takes two very different shoe sizes. We had a BLAST at the bowling alley shoe rental counter in high school!

After taking abuse from the clerk for asking for one size left and one size right, Paul would take off his shoes and show him his different-sized feet. We word chirp, like a tragic Greek chorus, "He had POLIO, you insensitive jerk." Paul would hang his head. It was great! Then he'd get 'em for free.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
Murph #407114 09/10/14 11:52 AM
Murph Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Serenity,
It was Great George St. I might have walked down Victoria Row to get to it that day. Not sure. I try to keep my lunch time walks random. You know... Throw off the snipers.

I live in the country but I'm in town every day for work. If you ever want to grab a coffee, we can put faces to the names.

Mark,
No, I'm not sure it wasn't him. I'm sure it wasn't you though because it was a Fantastic Four shirt not UltraMan. Whose superpower appears to be shaving with an angle grinder.

Bob,
That's pretty funny because I read all your posts imagining in my head that you are singing those lines as part of a Greek chorus. I'm glad we cleared that up.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Murph #407118 09/10/14 03:24 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Sounds cool. How about gahan sometime? Unless you are an Axe murderer of course. laugh

AAAA #407121 09/10/14 04:10 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
HA! Shaving with and angle grinder! It was so obvious, but unseen. Brilliant!

Trevor: Though I thoroughly understand the change in your screen name, I have a couple of thoughts.

First, had you been around here long enough, you would have taken FULL advantage of your cross country move and a new URL.

I could name at list 6 people who would have strung everyone along as some wild character for weeks, if not longer. Are you kidding? Signing on with a post count of one (1)! I can hear the drool drops hitting some peoples' cap-toed shoes right now.
Don't gimme that crap! We ALL know who around here wear cap-toed shoes! Not a criticism, just a comment.

And, second, you may recall, as Hellcommute, that I asked (and was granted permission) to call you Hell.

Ya see, Trev, "Serenity" wouldn't be the name of a hottie, or even a cute deb. It makes me envision an obese 14-year old white girl from Florida, Texas, or California, who is well on her way too looking like Honey Boo Boo's mom.

So, I'm asking, may I go back to Hell?

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
BobKay #407126 09/10/14 08:24 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Boy, I just proofed that and it's awful...

re: What life throws at you:

How many think there will be Scottish cessation from the UK?
Remember, you heard it here first. If Scotland does succeed, AND gets the lion's share of $$, the nuclear weapons base, and North Sea oil, Russia will invade.

France has no government right now, and what do they have time and organization to do? Ban nude sunbathing! How f'French!
Why Putin hasn't swooped down on that makes one wonder.

Last edited by BobKay; 09/10/14 08:25 PM.

Murph #407128 09/10/14 09:23 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
You rang? laugh

Murph #407129 09/10/14 09:33 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Hell is a better handle than serenity I suppose. You are such a stickler for historical record... smile

Next time I make a new user id, I'll juice it up fer ya. I should have came back as another alaskanavguy! The greatest!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters