Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Why are Canadian being hung out to dry by Axiom
nickbuol #410350 02/19/15 12:19 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
Oh, and yes, I know that Canadian Bacon is different too. I will have to try some while I am there. (I am sure that you Canadians are chuckling at my silly questions and plans.)

Canadian bacon (we don't call it that up here, we call it "smoked boneless cured pork loin rolled in cornmeal" in the supermarket and "back bacon" in restaurants) is healthier than regular bacon by roughly the same margin that poutine is less healthy than regular fries. Just remember to eat equal amounts of both and you'll be fine.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8
nickbuol #410352 02/19/15 01:08 AM
C
aficionado
aficionado
C
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
While I know (now after a little Googling) that the whole Toronto/Chicago population thing is a bit more complicated depending on if talking about city or metro-area, it is still a decent sized city for sure. It is so hard to compare different cities, for example Los Angeles has more people (about 50% more), but Toronto has a more dense population. Just different factors to say that they are big cities.

I work in the heart of Los Angeles when I visit there, so I am familiar with larger cities, but any tips or tricks would be awesome.

The work address is 5000 Yonge Street, Toronto (although a number of systems want to change that to North York instead of Toronto).

Yup, passport was applied for the day after Christmas, and I had it mid-January. Fresh and ready for its first stamp.

I didn't know that Mexico City was so big. I am supposed to head there later this year for work as well.

Actually, back several years ago, North York was one of the five buroughs that ultimately amalgamated with the City of Toronto and is now part of the city itself. Some companies and organizations in the area you are going, as part of zeroing in on their location, still tend to use their mailing addresses as North York since Yonge Street is the main north/south artery which starts right from Lake Ontario.

The office building where you will be located is several miles north of what would be categorized as the main downtown core which if you wish, could be easily accessed by taking the Yonge subway whose closest station would be at Sheppard Avenue, just south of where you will be working. It would be a lot easier and less hassle than taking a car.

Incidentally, the metro population of Mexico is over 21 million. I am not quite sure whether it or Tokyo or some other city is the largest in the world, however, it is right up there.

fredk #410359 02/19/15 04:41 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: fredk
Originally Posted By: BobKay
...I think it must be payback for being a Cape Cod bartender in the 80's with Canadian customers who didn't "understand" tipping, so they didn't!

It had nothing to do with not knowing how to tip. It was the funny money.

In Canada, no matter how shitfaced you are, you can always tip. No need to make out the blurry numbers on the bill, just pick the right colour.

With the US cash, its all the same green, so how the hell would you know what bill to pull when you're too drunk to see?

The color of "nothing at all" is always consistent. It's the exact same color as the bar.

Last edited by BobKay; 02/19/15 04:42 PM.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
BobKay #410382 02/21/15 05:31 PM
axiomite
axiomite

The color of "nothing at all" is always consistent. It's the exact same color as the bar.

A hit of acid may fix that.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #410388 02/21/15 09:37 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: fredk

A hit of acid may fix that.

Fred, you old hippie bastard! I'll bet you still have windowpane in a drawer somewhere, right next to the blotter.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
Gr8_White_North #410394 02/22/15 03:59 AM
axiomite
axiomite

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940