RAS #418929 05/05/16 12:02 AM
O
onn Offline
connoisseur
connoisseur
O
Originally Posted By RAS

Hi: I need some help here.

I’m using my AA with a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and latest iteration of the AA app.
I have a D Link wireless router, and I’m also using a desktop computer and Lenovo laptop, both running Win 7, and another Lenovo laptop running Win 10. I have not used any Apple devices with the AA.

Basically, I have been unable to ever use the AA with the smartphone app, and I am currently unable to reach the web UI, even wiring directly between the AA and the computer with an Ethernet cable. Here is some background.

When I first got the AA, I could not see the AA wireless signal on the Galaxy, or on any of the other computers, including using a sniffing program. I plugged the AA into the router using an Ethernet cable and was able to access the web UI on the desktop through Firefox browser. I updated and restarted. (I’m leaving out a series of false starts, failed updates, etc. This was a very long process... ) I could now see the AA wireless signal on the Galaxy (I could also see it on the desktop and laptops). I connected to the AA wireless and then opened the AA app. When I connected to my home network from inside the AA app, the signal from the AA was immediately lost, and the app went into “searching.” Further, the AA wireless signal was now invisible to all devices: the Galaxy, desktop and laptops; the AA wireless couldn’t even be seen with a sniffer looking for hidden networks. Repeated restarts had no effect.
I re-accessed the AA with Ethernet through desktop, updated again, restarted again.
Experienced a repeat of the last time: the AA wireless can now be seen from all devices; connect to AA wireless on the Galaxy through the AA app; connect to home network from inside the AA app; AA wireless signal immediately lost and can’t be seen with any device. Repeated restarts have no effect.
That’s my experience of the AA wireless and AA app on the Galaxy: it’s never worked, and still doesn’t.

However, despite the AA wireless signal being invisible to the Galaxy, laptops and desktop, the AA is visible in Win 7 and 10 as a media device. I am able to play music (both wirelessly and with the AA connected to the router with an Ethernet cable) through Media Player, using the “Play To” function; I cannot seem to use the AA using the “stream” function in Media Player (which is, I think, the same thing as “play to” but accessed differently through the software).

Previously, I attempted to modify the network setting in the AA using the web UI. I turned off automatic IP for both wireless and wired because I preferred a static IP address for my setup.
I used the following properties for both wired and wireless:
IP: 192.168.0.120
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.1 (this is the D Link router’s address).

I restarted. Now, I cannot access the AA through the web UI; I get a “problem loading page” error.
Note that the AA still shows up on the laptops and desktop in Win 7 and 10, wirelessly and wired, as a media device (though still no wireless network signal detected) and I can view the properties, and the IP address of the AA as a media device. When I type that IP address into the browser, however, I get the “problem loading page” error. I get the same error message when I use axiomair.local instead of the IP address. This happens either through Ethernet or wireless.
Note that the IP address of the AA did not become static (per my attempts at reconfiguring the network settings) and now is 192.169.0.191 – not 192.168.0.120 as put into the network settings on the UI. Note also that I can access the “presentation” page which just gets to the brief text “This page is not very interesting ...” but any attempts to “back hack” from there just get me error messages.

So, no wireless through the AA app, and no wired connection to the UI. I don’t really like using media player, but that’s the only way I can use the AA so far.

One question I have is whether there is a way to hard-reset the Pi, so that the AA goes back to factory specs, without being able to get to the UI or app? I can, if necessary, connect a keyboard and monitor directly to the Pi, though it will be a PITA so I’d rather some other option.

Also, your thoughts on what to do about the invisible wireless signal and the phone app?

Thanks,
Randall

I have a Note 4 as well and I use the BubbleUPnP app on my phone to play music from the Note 4

Re: AxiomAir
Ian #418931 05/05/16 12:31 AM
M
regular
regular
M
Ian, what is the best way to get a shipping update on my kickstarter order?

Ian #418932 05/05/16 02:54 AM
M
shareholder in the making
M
The latest release takes care of all my navigation issues on my Sammy S4. Snappier too!

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated
Ian #418965 05/07/16 06:34 PM
R
regular
regular
R
Hi all,

I want to get a low profile USB key for my music. Just wondering if there are minimum requirements for the device? I was thinking of getting a 128Gb USB 3.0 device...

btw, tried to do a search, but it appears to be broken.

Thanks!

Ian #418969 05/07/16 07:38 PM
Hey Richard-
I bought a couple of these. I don't have my Air yet, but I can't imagine any reason these won't work!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Ian #418970 05/07/16 07:47 PM
R
regular
regular
R
Hi Mark, that's exactly what I was looking at...

Another question, can I plug in 2 64Gb keys in the Air instead of going with just one? Will the device recognize both and index all the music? It's actually cheaper (up here, in the great white north) to buy 2 64Gb keys rather than 1 128Gb key.

Ian #418971 05/07/16 09:45 PM
Honestly, I'm not even sure there is more than one USB jack, since I don't have my Air yet.

Someone more knowledgeable than I (pretty much everyone here) should be along shortly!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
MarkSJohnson #418972 05/07/16 11:30 PM
old hand
old hand
Don't have mine yet, either, but from watching this thread I've seen that there are 4 USB ports. 1 is used for WiFi and the other 3 are available.

Ian #418984 05/08/16 11:41 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
As Scott said, there are 4 USB ports. 1 is used for WiFi and the other 3 are available.

You can plug in multiple USB drives, but each drive will be listed separately, so when you search for a song, you will need to know which USB drive it is on.

LFR1100 Actives,QS10HPx2,QS8x2,EP800,M3x4,M3x2 (Wood),M5HPx2 (Wood),AxiomAir,ADA1500-8,ADA1500-7
Ian #419004 05/09/16 11:26 PM
Y
regular
regular
Y
I'm having problems connecting to my Air, here's what's happening.

I received my Air on Friday, I brought it to the cottage for the weekend. When I got there, I did the initial setup with my iPad, everything went as advertised. I then brought the Air on my WiFi so I could control it from Chrome with the WebUI and retain my internet connection from the iPad. I was so impressed with the sound that I let it play music pretty much for the whole weekend, it sounds as good if not better than my outdoor M3's. But I digress.

I brought the Air back home on Sunday, after turning it on, it went in hot spot mode (blue and red lights flashing), I tried reconnecting to it with the same iPad, the iPad could see it and connect to its hot spot (I confirmed by looking at the IP assigned to the iPad: 192.168.211.2). I then tried to connect to the WebUI (192.168.211.1), but it wouldn't connect. I also tried to use it as an AirPlay device, but couldn't see it.

I also tried the same thing from a Mac, but still can't connect to the WebUI or as an AirPlay device. I confirmed that my Mac connected to the Air hot spot and also can see the IP assigned to my Mac (192.168.211.3).

Short of renaming my home network to be the same as the cottage one, is there anything else that can be done to regain access to the Air? I plan to take the Air back and forth between home and the cottage and other locations (read networks), I'd like to have a simple solution to get the air to join various networks.

Thanks ahead for any assistance.

Page 100 of 116 1 2 98 99 100 101 102 115 116

Moderated by  alan, Andrew, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020