Re: Bookshelf speakers height
MMM #415117 10/20/15 08:53 PM
A
AG90 Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
A
Sorry If i offended anyone, but how can I know personality of the people here? This is a forum after all, we are all behind the PC screens. Neither can I roll the dice to see if it was in the wrong tone or not smile There is a good and bad place/time for sarcasm. And to be honest I am not a forum guy at all, I only post on them when I really have a problem, maybe that's why this situation came up like this. And it is my right to defend myself If i feel threatened. But obliviously this is a big misunderstanding, so again, sorry if I offended anyone.

Originally Posted By craigsub
BTW: I see a Wychwood Brewery Hobgoblin in the stack. Great beer from my old home. I am just sad that they pulled the November beer from being bottled any more and only now comes in casks that you simply can't get over here.

Yup, here in Europe (i presume most of you are from across the ocean) we have all kinds of good beer smile

AG90 #415119 10/20/15 09:51 PM
axiomite
axiomite
This is an unusual place in the sense that you can pretty much assume that everyone means well and not regret it.

Not at all what a reasonable person would expect from an online forum.

Generally a few minutes on almost any forum (but particularly comments on newspaper articles) make me despair for humankind. This forum is different, and it's refreshing.

Hopefully you don't mind that you were asking perfectly reasonable questions about speaker placement and we were more interested in your mouflon skull smile

Last edited by bridgman; 10/20/15 09:53 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8
AG90 #415136 10/21/15 07:59 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By AG90
Sorry If i offended anyone, but how can I know personality of the people here? This is a forum after all, we are all behind the PC screens. Neither can I roll the dice to see if it was in the wrong tone or not smile There is a good and bad place/time for sarcasm. And to be honest I am not a forum guy at all, I only post on them when I really have a problem, maybe that's why this situation came up like this. And it is my right to defend myself If i feel threatened. But obliviously this is a big misunderstanding, so again, sorry if I offended anyone.

BTW: I see a Wychwood Brewery Hobgoblin in the stack. Great beer from my old home. I am just sad that they pulled the November beer from being bottled any more and only now comes in casks that you simply can't get over here.

Yup, here in Europe (i presume most of you are from across the ocean) we have all kinds of good beer smile

AG, you offended no one. I have set too low a standard here for that to be likely. DO keep in mind however, that if you really feel like it, you are always welcome to stop by.

Again, MY apologies. Had I known you were European, I wouldn't have bothered with you at all. I'm kidding. I'm kidding! Some of my favorite ancestors left there.

If beer AND audio are your thing, I may not be your guy, but you HAVE landed in OZ. Stick around, share some thoughts, get some advice (lots---on everything), hang way loose, and have some fun, too!

So now, you're like the third guy on the Forum with a name from the periodic table. Hmmm?

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
BobKay #415141 10/21/15 11:39 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By SqBobGodPants
... If I could "arrive" here each time in a clown car, I would, but in an expensive suit...

You sold the clown car?

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
BobKay #415143 10/22/15 02:35 AM
A
AG90 Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
A
Originally Posted By SqBobGodPants
Originally Posted By AG90

AG, you offended no one. I have set too low a standard here for that to be likely. DO keep in mind however, that if you really feel like it, you are always welcome to stop by.

Again, MY apologies. Had I known you were European, I wouldn't have bothered with you at all. I'm kidding. I'm kidding! Some of my favorite ancestors left there.

If beer AND audio are your thing, I may not be your guy, but you HAVE landed in OZ. Stick around, share some thoughts, get some advice (lots---on everything), hang way loose, and have some fun, too!

So now, you're like the third guy on the Forum with a name from the periodic table. Hmmm?

Hahaha, good one smile Thanks, I definitely will stick around smile

Nah, just too lazy to come up with a username laugh

Originally Posted By bridgman
and we were more interested in your mouflon skull

Well, the skull has 8 ohms, 2 tweeters from both eye sockets, magnetic shielding, bass reflex enclosure plus a secret characteristic from the horns and bunch of other goodies. grin

AG90 #415149 10/22/15 07:24 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
It's nice that everyone is just flinging around the word, "mouflon," as if no one's paying attention. Mouflon are predominantly from The Caucuses, the part the includes both Iran AND Iraq! The only ones not living there, of which I am aware, live in Buffalo, New York, at the zoo.

So, AG, if you're from Europe, like you SAY you are, how'd such a thing get onto your shelf? Huh?

Really? No one else is suspicious? Just me?

(AG, this is called "hijacking" a thread. Current U.S. street language would omit the "hi," thus leaving simply, "jacking.")

I'm going to make two phone calls in the name of Homeland Security. First, I'm calling the zoo in Buffalo for a head-count. Then, I'm calling whoever is in charge of that part of The Caucuses. Wait! That'd be, like, 60 or 70 international phone calls! Never mind.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
AG90 #415156 10/22/15 10:10 PM
axiomite
axiomite
AFAIK mouflon have been imported into game farms in the US for hunting, and the same probably applies to other parts of the world.

http://www.shootingenterprise.com/mouflon

http://www.diana-hunting.com/poland/poland/mouflonhunting/

http://www.greatspanishunts.com/en/big-game-species/search-by-species/european-mouflon/

http://www.majesticmouflons.net/

On the other hand they don't live forever so there's probably a big pile of mouflon skulls somewhere in the world.

But it is a good question.

Last edited by bridgman; 10/22/15 10:11 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8
AG90 #415159 10/23/15 12:34 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Wow...I gave Bob a compliment and he totally ignores it...sheesh!! LOL

BBIBH #415174 10/25/15 01:55 AM
axiomite
axiomite
And I insulted him and he ignored me. Wait, that's normal.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
AG90 #415196 10/26/15 03:11 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
This is really bad. I thought I had responded. I know I had written one, but I must not have pushed "submit" before something shiny with came on the TV and I shut 'er all down.

Mike, duly noted, thanks. Fred, insults from me or toward me are like bad press in show biz; "...just as long as the names are spelled correctly." So, thanks. I didn't actually go back to check if you HAD spelled my name correctly. Remember, the second "b" is smaller.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (spiroh), 368 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup