Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: 2016 Academy Awards
Lampshade #417321 03/01/16 05:38 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
My wife advised me that the 'Revenant' guy went off on his usual 'greenie' agenda - as expected.

This from a hypocrite who's 'carbon footprint' is exponentially higher than any other mere mortal on this planet, much like Gore's & Suzuki's. Do as I say, not as I do - from that elite crowd.

The Revenant, nor anything else that he does, is not on my 'to watch' list...

TAM

exlabdriver #417322 03/01/16 10:33 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By exlabdriver
My wife advised me that the 'Revenant' guy went off on his usual 'greenie' agenda - as expected.

This from a hypocrite who's 'carbon footprint' is exponentially higher than any other mere mortal on this planet, much like Gore's & Suzuki's. Do as I say, not as I do - from that elite crowd.

The Revenant, nor anything else that he does, is not on my 'to watch' list...

TAM

Oh, like so totally! (I have no idea where that "valley girl" thing just came from!)

You cannot own multiple homes around the country and/or around the globe and commute between them by private jet and be allowed one word on the topic of "green." Al Whore's ATL house is over 12,000 sq. ft.! The landscaping and swimming pool(s) put his property in the "high use" category, so he pays a surcharge for the excess consumption. I will bet my M100's that it is still fully air-conditioned when no Gore is anywhere NEAR the state of Georgia.

However, if we are going to go there, and apparently we have, then if you are driving a 4-door, F350 Lariat Super Duty "doolie" to commute------anywhere, then you are using way more than your fair share of gas while simultaneously contributing far more emissions.

The, "well, they're not that green" list is endless; ??? faithfully recycle everything your town will take, re-use paper and plastic bags and baggies, compost all possible waste, buy existing housing, used tools, etc.???

I'm hardly a termite-loving tree hugger, but it takes, like, six 75'-tall pine trunks to keep a kid in Pampers (registered TM) for 2 years. Our standard of living in N.A. will be less and less sustainable as the globe reaches, in this century, it's maximum population of 9 billion.

I once saw an aerial video of few acres of land with an avg. house and garage. Also on the land was everything one family would consume in a lifetime. NOT after the kids left home, just to "raise a family of 2, live there until and after retirement, then croak." Laid out on the grass were 8 cars, 5 washers, 6 dryers, 5 refrigerators, 4 sofas, a couple dozen chairs, toys, bikes, beds, beds, beds, athletic/beach/boating gear, 8 TV's, computers, gaming crap, phones, heaps of clothing, linens and shoes that could surround and blot out the house, mounds and mounds of foodstuffs, from meat to candy, paper goods, disposable plastics, construction demo rubble (that stone counter top from 12 years ago that's starting to look a bit shabby and cracked), a bath tub, 3 toilets, GALLONS of paint---it was nuts. And then there was the water. OM-G, the water.

I know the person doing this report probably has 3 houses by now, but it really changed the way I look at everything I consume.

I consider myself by no means green enough to preach. However, I can still judge others. (You're supposed to laugh, you self-righteous bastard.)

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
Lampshade #417324 03/02/16 01:45 AM
aficionado
aficionado
In my neighbourhood that exact picture is quite regular, and the bloody washers and driers are still working fine there just not brand new.
They even pave the yard to park all the cars. That's what we get from a disposable society, nothing's made to last any more.

BobKay #417325 03/02/16 03:24 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By BobKay

However, if we are going to go there, ...

Thank you Bob, for making me feel better about living in my crappy recycled concrete bunker with a stove from the 80s (that recently replace the one from the 60s that died) and driving an ugly metal box that gets a gazillion kilometres to the litre as it turtles along.

Ex lab dude. What's the carbon footprint of one of those military whirleyjigs? Just sayin...

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
Lampshade #417330 03/02/16 07:22 AM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
If someone in trouble requires the services of such a fine rescue craft, it is doubtful that the 'rescuee' would really care, ha!

TAM

fredk #417331 03/02/16 11:50 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By fredk

Ex lab dude. What's the carbon footprint of one of those military whirleyjigs? Just sayin...

That analogy is quite ridiculous.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
exlabdriver #417332 03/02/16 12:26 PM
M
MMM Offline
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
Originally Posted By exlabdriver
If someone in trouble requires the services of such a fine rescue craft, it is doubtful that the 'rescuee' would really care, ha!

TAM

If you were in Ontario and Wynn figured she could charge the rescuee for the carbon footprint to get that money to pay for her budget promises she would.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5
Lampshade #417333 03/02/16 05:22 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
Matt:

Shhh!!

You'll give our new touchy-feely, greenie, European style federal government more bizarre ideas...

TAM

exlabdriver #417348 03/03/16 09:37 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Since this thread was long ago hijacked, it's a good place to bury things, I think.

How is it that when you guys from Canada talk politics, you hardly ever go all Naomi Campbell on each other. We can't do that. and now more than ever in my politically-aware lifetime!

So if you've been paying any attention, you may have heard the ex-pres of Mexico, Vicente Fox, remark on Mr. Trump's idea of a border-long wall and making Mexico pay for it (it involved an f-bomb). And, once again, if you've been paying attention to what's going on down here, CANADA should build a wall. You cannot care WHO pays for it. It's too late for that. You gotta start now!

In the old days, it was easy to tell from which camp those rushing north emanated. They were either running from a crime, or they were committing one by going just by going there---knowingly.

Now, unfortunately, you, CANADA, run the risk of any and everyone trying to flee over your borders. Unlike Syria, or Iraq, those who may come from here will have no paramount reason. They will still be arguing over the reasons they are fleeing in the first place. It's gonna make the re-unification of Germany look like coaching a high school marching band.

I'm tellin' ya, "loogout."

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
Lampshade #417353 03/04/16 12:47 AM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
We are aware of it.

You are welcome here.

A real website. smile

http://cbiftrumpwins.com/#intro

We are terrified for you all down there.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters