Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Looking for AVR that can deal with 4 ohms...
JohnK #418495 04/10/16 12:05 AM
N
N
John,

Thank you so much for the reply and I did go ahead and bought the Denon 6200w per your suggestion. Also you are correct on the ceiling speakers those are M2s smile.

I finally got all mounted for my new house but I am only able to get 7.1 ( 2front, 1 center, 1 subwoofer, 2 inceiling and, 2 surround L&R ) to work. I am trying multiple ways to connect my back surround speakers but dont seem to quite understand on fixing it. Any ddvise? I am also planning to buy a separate amplifier for the 2 in ceiling speakers to complete the 11.1 setup. Any advise on the second amplifier choice will also help me enjoy this latest addition.

Forgot to mention...7.1 setup itself rocks and we are very happy with the buy.I now just got to get the other speakers to work. Please help.

Newbie9 #418531 04/11/16 05:02 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
I don't personally use ceiling speakers, Atmos or otherwise(Nick has experience in this type of setup). Without knowing specifically the "multiple ways" that you've tried to connect the back surrounds, it's difficult to judge where the problem lies.

Possibly you should make sure that you've made the proper connections for a 7.1 setup with the back surrounds(as shown on p.49 of the manual)but with the ceiling speakers disconnected. The default amplifier setting is to have 7 channels active, which is sufficient for this setup.

If this results in the back surrounds being active, you can try the next step to power the ceiling speakers. Since this now requires 9 channels of amplification to be active, the amp assign setting(manual p.46)should be changed to 9.1 rather than the 7.1(plus zone 2)which is the default.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

bridgman #419395 06/11/16 02:44 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted By bridgman
Has anyone done the firmware update (for additional decode options and faster auto-detecdt) on an HK 630 themselves ? I dug out a couple of old PCs recently that had actual serial ports so seems like something I should try over the weekend... but on the other hand the receiver is now old enough that if I do screw something up it might be hard to get a replacement processor (ie one with non-screwed-up flash). Thoughts ?

I loved my HK-630, but lack of hdmi forced me to upgrade years ago. It's still sitting on the floor of a closet. I did do a firmware upgrade on it myself long time ago. From what I remember, I didn't have the correct cord to hook up to the serial connection. Once I had the cord, the upgrade went fine. It definitely isn't the easiest thing to do.

Last edited by shag; 06/11/16 02:44 AM.

Shag
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082