Rating: 5
Page 96 of 116 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 115 116
Re: AxiomAir
Ian #418842 04/26/16 12:27 PM
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
@Michelangelo Thanks very much. A bit strange I am the only one impacted for something as likely standardized as AirPlay.

Looking forward to special build

Ian #418845 04/26/16 03:04 PM
M
buff
buff
M
Dear Fatboycarney,
we prepared a new version to better understand what's going on... And probably you're not the only one affected, so it's really great that you're helping us on this.

What we'll do is set up the AxiomAir in test mode:
In this mode you will be able to receive the test updates. This mode is what we use before sending out an update to the public, to verify that everything works as intended.

To set up your AA to test mode, go to the dev page as you did before:
http://axiomair.local/dev
or
http://ipoftheaxiomair/dev

Locate "Test Mode" and press "TRUE".
From now on your AA will be a test device, seeing the very edge updates.

You can now go back to usual UI, and go to system -> settings -> check updates

You'll see a new update is available.

You can now update as usual and reboot.
Now, you can repeat the procedure to play from Airplay and send us the logs. And this time we'll be collecting slightly more informations.

If you want to go back to ordinary firmwares, just do the same above but click on "False" on Test mode.
You can then either reset to factory or stay with the test firmware. That will not make much difference.

For everyone willing to try test mode: please mind that this is intended for developers, and in some cases you may encounter updates which could break your AA seriously. So, we advise not to go in test mode unless somebody from axiom requires you to do so...

For anyone having further questions, I'll be glad to reply!

Ian #418848 04/26/16 04:31 PM
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Amazing michelangelo. Your response time is fantastic and glad to help

Will apply the build tonight and provide feedback/logs as needed

Ian #418850 04/26/16 08:20 PM
frequent flier
frequent flier
Ian, so if you began the full production run of AA, does that mean you have started the AA with microphone (Karaoke) yet as I signed up for the beta test of it but haven't seen anyone commenting on how it works.
Derek
Originally Posted By Ian
Last week we began the first full production run of AxiomAirs. It all begins with the molding of the parts. I want to extend a big thanks to everyone who has given us invaluable input through the Beta process. Michelangelo plans to have the last of updates needed later this week. This means it will be time to ship all the orders outstanding and reduce the lead time on new orders. We also plan to keep going with updates to the AxiomAir User Interface as we develop new features; so please keep the suggestions coming for ways we can make the AxiomAir better.

Last edited by DerekA; 04/26/16 08:37 PM.

2 M22s, EP500, 2 QS8(2), VP160, 4 M3s In-Ceiling, Marantz SR7009, NUVO NV-I8GM
DerekA #418851 04/26/16 08:41 PM
Ian Offline OP
President
connoisseur
OP Offline
President
connoisseur
Hi DerekA,

We have shipped out two Beta units with the microphone option so far. We are still producing the input boards and wires sets for these Karaoke ones so more will be shipping later this week and next.

I have one myself and it works great. We have been just playing Karaoke songs from YouTube.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
Ian #418852 04/26/16 08:44 PM
frequent flier
frequent flier
Thanks for the update, Ian. Patience is a virtue so I thank you for first giving me the opportunity to improve myself but even more so for creating a product that will bring its users so much pleasure.

Derek

Originally Posted By Ian
We have shipped out two Beta units with the microphone option so far. We are still producing the input boards and wires sets for these Karaoke ones so more will be shipping later this week and next.

I have one myself and it works great. We have been just playing Karaoke songs from YouTube.

2 M22s, EP500, 2 QS8(2), VP160, 4 M3s In-Ceiling, Marantz SR7009, NUVO NV-I8GM
Fatboycarney #418853 04/26/16 11:26 PM
M
buff
buff
M
Originally Posted By Fatboycarney
Amazing michelangelo. Your response time is fantastic and glad to help

Will apply the build tonight and provide feedback/logs as needed

Thank you very much..
And an additional request after sending the logs... If possible...
Could you please try to place the axiomair and your mac or iphone near the router?

Also, could you describe the placement of your mac or iphone and axiomair in respect to the router when the issue occurred?

Last, could you try to connect the AA to the router via ethernet cable?

Thanks!

Ian #418855 04/27/16 12:14 PM
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Logs were went last night but I missed this note.

The iPad and AxiomAir are in the same room as the router when the test was completed. I now am wondering if the iPad was on 5Ghz so I will double check that tonight.

I will test with the AA on ethernet tonight and send logs

Ian #418859 04/28/16 03:28 AM
Y
regular
regular
Y
Thanks Ian for the update.

I would still like to know where I sit in the queue for receiving my AA, as I'm sure a lot of the other backers are anxious to know. I understand that this a brand new and exciting product you are refining, but it would still be nice to get a feel for when we can expect to receive ours.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in the software development business, I feel the pain you are going through, my clients always want the finished product sooner than we can physically develop it. One thing I learned in my 30+ years in the business, is that the more communication (good or bad) I provide to my customers, the more they understand and can live with delays in delivering the final product.

I look forward to receiving more updates, and don't be shy to post more pictures of the manufacturing process and the gorgeous boxes sitting on the shipping dock.

Thanks,
Yves

Yvasse #418860 04/28/16 08:03 AM
Ian Offline OP
President
connoisseur
OP Offline
President
connoisseur
Hi Yvasse,

I see you are Black with a Black grille. These are the first ones being made so expect to see a delivery notice late next week or early the week after.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
Page 96 of 116 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 115 116

Moderated by  alan, Andrew, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 470 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup