Rate Thread
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
Re: The Daily Gripe
fredk #418979 05/08/16 02:28 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur

Originally Posted By fredk
Originally Posted By MarkSJohnson
So they go through the thousands of names and pick and choose?

I'm pretty sure they asked Bob to hire a trained monkey to pick. You know how Bob is.

Nope. They just hired Bob...
Originally Posted By fredk
Originally Posted By Ken.C
Or, you know, you actually have to opt in for marketing emails? Like a reasonable company? But I understand, you really enjoy being angry.

Holy christ, I mean, you're mad you don't get advertising?

Or, you know, Axiom could actually send a single email asking if you want to opt in.

This is something I've never understood. Those emails seem to be a mystical thing. I even asked to be put on the list once and it never happened. I don't have extra cash to spend on speakers these days so for me it is a moot point, but still...

Agreed. Is the newsletter still going around? If so, I haven't received it in years.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
Ya_basta #418980 05/08/16 06:52 AM
S
aficionado
aficionado
S
It's right on the home page, but who ever reads that eh! Most people just go to the forum to gripe.

SBrown #418990 05/08/16 03:58 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By SBrown
It's right on the home page, but who ever reads that eh! Most people just go to the forum to gripe.

So your answer is "no, the newsletter was discontinue"? Good dickish, unhelpful reply to a question.......not a gripe. And forum activity has precipitously dropped over the last couple years. Wonder why.....? Oh.... cherry pick much? I see I still carry the forum bullseye!

Last edited by Ya_basta; 05/08/16 04:05 PM.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
nickbuol #418998 05/09/16 12:38 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Uh, his answer was "there's a link to sign up on the home page."

It's near the bottom.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Ken.C #419003 05/09/16 05:31 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By Ken.C
Uh, his answer was "there's a link to sign up on the home page."

It's near the bottom.

Yo, bud. All I *asked* was "Is the newsletter still going around? If so, I haven't received it in years" On top of my query, I was merely adding my experience with what I consider (apparently others do, too) an unfortunate lackluster email system. I'm definitely not the only one on the forum that has suddenly stopped receiving the newsletter. Yes, I know these things aren't perfect (dispite not having one other issue with the many subscription emails I receive,) but this is just my experience; not a gripe.

And as you'll see from the quote below, nothing about a link to sign up was mentioned. Just "It's right on the home page". Given that answer to my question of "is the newsletter still going around?", I literally took that as a "no.... it's now available to read on the homepage". But maybe I read it and interpreted it wrong. Ah well, c'est la vie.

Ya_basta #419006 05/10/16 12:47 AM
S
aficionado
aficionado
S
Originally Posted By Ya_basta

So your answer is "no, the newsletter was discontinue"? Good dickish, unhelpful reply to a question.......not a gripe. And forum activity has precipitously dropped over the last couple years. Wonder why.....? Oh.... cherry pick much? I see I still carry the forum bullseye!

Whoa... you having a bad day man. That was suppose to be some dry humor there. I just told you where the sign up thing is for the newsletter.

I wonder why no one's around, that's what you get when you don't use a smiley.

nickbuol #419010 05/10/16 01:41 AM
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Wow, I never realized that my comment the other day would spark this "crap storm." I guess it is "The Daily Gripe" thread at least.

As for forum activity, it always seems to ebb and flow. It is definitely quiet lately though.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
SBrown #419011 05/10/16 02:03 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By Ya_basta

Whoa... you having a bad day man. That was suppose to be some dry humor there. I just told you where the sign up thing is for the newsletter.

I wonder why no one's around, that's what you get when you don't use a smiley.

I didn't even ask where to sign up for the newsletter, so I don't know why you said where to go. And yes, unfortunately I am not clairvoyant or omniscient, so grasping your tone was impossible for me. Apologies for the reply; it's entirely my fault.

Aside: You're a cool guy, so I was originally thrown off when I saw you posted what to me looked like a jab.

Peace

Ya_basta #419016 05/10/16 05:24 AM
S
aficionado
aficionado
S
Actually Cam, it was meant for Matt...not you. Where to sign up that is. I am going to be quiet now before I don't mean something else.

SBrown #419023 05/10/16 11:59 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Actually Cam, it was meant for Matt...not you. Where to sign up that is.

Ahhh. Figured it was a reply to me because it was posted directly after my post, and says re: Ya basta. Sorry for the confusion, dude.

Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters