Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I am Done With Axiom Forever
#419253 06/02/16 01:47 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Ok I am not going to lie I was treated pretty poorly by Axiom last year. It left a bitter taste in my mouth, but what has transpired now is just insanity. I won't get into last year's ordeal. I only mention it because, it was the catalyst that made me clean house of Axiom.

On April 14th I ordered some boxes for my M80s I was going to ship them in for credit. I was hoping I could sell the credit to someone. 10 days later I call to see where the boxes are. The nice lady Debbie apologizes and tells me someone should of called me. They can't send boxes without me selecting what I want to trade for. So I paid 90 dollars for the boxes and I would ship them to somebody. Luckily I knew a guy. 2 weeks later I call back to see where the boxes are. The nice lady apologizes and says someone should of called me. They are out of M80 boxes but will have some the next week on Monday. She promises she will make it and right and will refund the extra 30 dollars I paid. 10 days later I call and the nice lady says she will make sure they ship that day.

And they did, but they arrived with only 2 lids and only 3 top foams. And 1 speaker box was bigger than other and the foam kept falling out. So I had to cut the box and tape it to make it fit. I called and the nice lady Debbie asked for some pictures and apologized and promised to take care of it Monday. Well 8 days later and 5 phone calls and messages unanswered I got Debbie on the phone again she made sure and shipped the lids and foam out.

Well the lids and foam arrived yesterday. Problem is who ever packed the lids decided the best way to ship them was to completely destroy one lid. at this point I gave up and just went to FedEx.

I will never buy anything from this company again. I have spent thousands of dollars with them. And time and again they have showed me they don't care.

I can not wait to get rid of my QS8s and VP180 after that I will be Axiom free. I sold my real wood M80s for 600 dollars just not to be reminded of this company anymore.

I don't know what caused this company to change so drastically or if I just rubbed someone wrong. But I wish everyone the best.

Also I never got the refund and I had to spend 40 dollars on packing material at FedEx.

If anyone was curious what I switched to. I am currently using Focal Sopra no2 and awaiting delivery on the matching center and rears.

M80s QS8s VP150 SVS 25-31 Rotel RSX-1560
Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever
Griffith Strife #419254 06/02/16 04:19 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Hmmm.... All I see in this thread is:

Originally Posted By Griffith Strife
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Do I continue ignoring you (heck, I don't even recall what you did to make me ignore you in the past, but I think that I've only ignored you and BigWyres, so I must have had a reason.

I think that I won't look at the post just in case it reminds me of why I am ignoring you, but if you have a legitimate complaint about something with Axiom, then I am sorry. I know that things seem to be a bit derailed from their normal stellar service with so much effort going into the AxiomAir.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
Griffith Strife #419255 06/02/16 10:58 AM
M
MMM Offline
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
That can be a problem with a company growth. I will say that I have on occasion become rather pissed off at Axiom. I think that you can point a major part of this to loss of staff or re-allocation to other areas.

They lost sales staff when Brent left and the duty made it over to Debbie. I don't now if its just she is overworked, but from a customer experience point of view we went from someone who was there and passionate about what he sold to just being dropped.

There have been times over the past 6 months that I have been on the market for items and called Axiom only to get the cold shoulder where I have asked questions and never gotten any response.

I understand that they are launching a new product in the Air and it may be eating up major resources inside the company. I don't own one and likely never will (unless someone wants to send me one for free). But it boggles the mind why a company would pull resources from what works to try and prop up a new market that I doubt will amount to much.

If someone suggested that home hifi is a dead market, I would agree to some point. But the portable hifi is by comparison a non existent market. If you look at the trend of young people today, they don't sit and listen to music like we did. They are happy with snippeds of sound from a highly compressed i-device and a pair of ebuds inside a cup is considered quite acceptable for amplification.

I feel for those of us who lament back to the days of good customer service with a smile.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5
Griffith Strife #419256 06/02/16 11:15 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Above and beyond pointless ranting, there is a definitive rise in delays to respond and little mistakes.

To be fair to Debbie, she took over for: Amie, Noreen (and now apparently Brent?). That's a lot to fill in for.

I guess some new hiring in the customer support area would help and might prevent the beginning of a bad reputation because of... pointless ranting! smile

See Mojo's signature
EFalardeau #419257 06/02/16 12:28 PM
C
connoisseur
connoisseur
C
Someone please correct me if I am wrong ... but this part of the opening post in the thread:

On April 14th I ordered some boxes for my M80s I was going to ship them in for credit. I was hoping I could sell the credit to someone

Speaks volumes. It appears the intent was to return the speakers to Axiom for trade credit without purchasing product, then selling the trade credit to someone else to use towards a purchase.

I don't know of any company that would even consider doing this.

This also makes it pretty clear that the OP was "done forever" a while ago. Try calling Focal and telling them you want trade value on your speakers as a credit that you will sell to someone else, and get back to us on how successful you are.

As for Debbie - yes, her follow up needs to improve. It's either over work or something missing in her organizing the tasks at hand. That being said, she USUALLY gets things done quite quickly. We just don't hear the times where things went smoothly.

Griffith Strife #419259 06/02/16 02:32 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I am with you craig I think you summed it up quite concisely. Some people just like to bitch, and the fact Nick had this guy blocked speaks volumes .

We really need a like button smile

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
Gr8_White_North #419260 06/02/16 03:13 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Irregardlisically (I actually saw that on a paper I was grading as a T.A.), I have been scratching my head about what's happening. Brent retired, J.C. is gone, Noreen retired, the monthly newsletter has stopped.

Ian has been here often to answer new product (and other) questions. That hasn't changed.

Of course, I HOPE all is OK, but it is dumb and unfair to offer any speculations about it, so here's what I think is goin' on...

Seriously, things seem to have been difficult lately, but, without any solid intel, one can hardly reach a conclusion.

That would be tantamount to going to war over WMD's with confirmation by only a single person who wants a deal. Oh, yeah, we already did that.

Damn!

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
BobKay #419261 06/02/16 03:33 PM
C
connoisseur
connoisseur
C
BobKay... smarmy political comments on this board are the reason I rarely post. It was old in 2005.

Griffith Strife #419262 06/02/16 03:34 PM
M
MMM Offline
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
It is easy to complain about things that don't go your way. I can agree from one side that expecting to get cash back for a trade in without buying from most companies won't get you too far.

But I can only assume you didn't really read what was said. He sold his M80 speakers to another person and wanted boxes to ship them in. He purchased a set of boxes from Axiom and paid for them on his credit card. Axiom took a long time to ship him his boxes and when they did, they didn't ship everything that he had paid for nor after bringing it to their attention did he get any resolution.

Quote:
So I paid 90 dollars for the boxes ... 2 weeks later I call back to see where the boxes are. The nice lady apologizes and says someone should of called me. They are out of M80 boxes but will have some the next week on Monday. She promises she will make it and right and will refund the extra 30 dollars I paid. 10 days later I call and the nice lady says she will make sure they ship that day.

And they did, but they arrived with only 2 lids and only 3 top foams. And 1 speaker box was bigger than other and the foam kept falling out. So I had to cut the box and tape it to make it fit. I called and the nice lady Debbie asked for some pictures and apologized and promised to take care of it Monday. Well 8 days later and 5 phone calls and messages unanswered I got Debbie on the phone again she made sure and shipped the lids and foam out.

Well the lids and foam arrived yesterday. Problem is who ever packed the lids decided the best way to ship them was to completely destroy one lid. at this point I gave up and just went to FedEx.

His beef is that he had paid $90 for boxes for him M80 so that he could sell them to someone else. He did get two boxes but something wrong with the lids and not the packing foam that is needed. I think his vent is perfectly valid and I understand his frustration from having to phone multiple times to get what he paid for.

Regardless of who he was planning to ship speakers so, if he paid for a set of shipping boxes for M80 speakers with all the required foam and packing material, I would expect that is what he should have gotten. If Axiom agreed that they messed up and didn't send the right materials and agreed to refund $30 for the screw up then I would expect that refund transaction to go though again regardless of where he was shipping to.

I don't know how much Axiom charges for boxes and shipping materials. When I read his post, it sounds like they knew what he was planning. Axiom had every opportunity to say sorry we will not sell you a shipping box unless you order new product from us, but didn't and charged his CC for the $90. I would say they entered into a contract with him to provide the boxes as agreed.

I admit that I only know what I had read on the post and that is his side of the story. Without knowing the whole truth as to what happened, it doens't make sense to chastise or lay blame onto either party. All that I have said is to agree with him though my own experience where I have found the level of customer service over the past months has dropped down from what I got when I first became a customer of Axiom back in 2014 and speculate why.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5
craigsub #419263 06/02/16 08:26 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
Originally Posted By craigsub
BobKay... smarmy political comments on this board are the reason I rarely post. It was old in 2005.

There should be a like button for posts like this.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters