Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever
Griffith Strife #419277 06/03/16 03:41 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Stereoguy99

Did I attack Debbie? Did I call her names or mock her in some way? I told the truth exactly how it happened. Debbie was nice the whole way through. Many times in my post I referred to her as the nice lady. Maybe you should learn to read.

Socketman I did not come here to whine I came here to warn new people. I know the usual 12 or 13 of you guys who post here and for the most part. Axiom could start killing kittens, and you guys would say great every audio company should kill kittens.

My post is for new people to know current Axiom is not the same Axiom of old. I don't know if it was the retirements or what but something is broken and its not getting fixed.

Stereoguy99

Yes Ian posted here I said above that is one of the reasons why I first fell in love with Axiom.

But how did him posting here help me? I still paid 90 dollars on something I never got. I still wasted a month and a half of my time. Heck in my opinion he did not even apologize. So what good did it do me? Should I feel blessed, Is Ian the pope?

2x6 attacked me but yet you attack me for my sub comment. Any objective person would see I attacked no one I was simply stating facts not whining. Just telling new people What Axiom is really like now. So they don't go by 3 and 4 year old posts and 10 year old reviews.

Edited to add this about 2x6 story Stereoguy99 referred to

Axiom did not lose money they made money. You act like Axiom should be knighted for not losing a sale. Any company would of did the same thing. Either A burn the cost of shipping the speakers out in the first place. Or make a profit on a new set.

Dare I say you are delusional, you truly believe Axiom sells these speakers for cost. I mean what bushiness would choose to lose 60 dollars instead of make 600.

craigsub If you want it's yours, it's maple I also have the QS8s with matching stands. I sold the Vesallo M80s for 600.

Last edited by Griffith Strife; 06/03/16 04:15 AM.

M80s QS8s VP150 SVS 25-31 Rotel RSX-1560
Griffith Strife #419278 06/03/16 05:09 AM
veteran
veteran
Griffin Strife

Thanks for posting this information. I believe it is as relevant as other posts on this message board.

Axiom used to have the very best of customer service reputations. I hope Axiom will regain this reputation.

I still run all Axiom speakers (except for subwoofer) in my home theater and hope they last forever. Peace.

Bill Wilson

Last edited by wilwom; 06/03/16 05:16 AM.
Griffith Strife #419279 06/03/16 07:04 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
First of all, please do not confuse wilwom's post with mine as he uses the same avatar. I do not agree that Griffith Strife's post is valuable or that Axiom's customer service has declined.

Ola Socketman

Too true about Axiom resale value. I attribute that to a remarkable internet campaign by a bunch of malcontents who have made it their jihad to defame Axiom's excellent speakers and subs. I have attempted to reason with some of these internet trolls on other audio sites, but have been astonished at the level of irrational hatred these folks spew.

It's my opinion that some of the folks who have made this site their own and who have expressed narrow minded audio prejudices in an arrogant manner have brought some of this hate upon Axiom. I've seen folks come here and speak well of their speakers and then comment about how their choice of speaker cable has enhanced the sound of their systems only to be dumped on and chased off by a small clique of folks here who mock anyone who expresses an opinion which does not conform to the settled wisdom of those here who know it all.
[is that really one sentence?]

Dare to post you prefer the sound quality of tube amps to solid state? Stand back and prepare for the dump.

I think the fact that this site is patrolled by a narrow minded few who mock those with different experiences with cabling or caps, or tubes, has harmed Axiom's reputation.

I also think that running afoul of Audioholics' failed desire to market Axiom products has resulted in a turn around from blazingly positive reviews to either outright negative reviews or reviews which damn with faint praise. Audioholics has a following.

Then there was the ninja cross-over scam, and subsequent internet campaign which in my opinion slandered Axiom's products. Nevertheless, in my opinion, this might have been avoided had ninja posts on this forum been responded to with a little grace.

It is amazing to me, that a glitch in delivery of packing cartons could result in such hatred.

I have had the pleasure of spending quite a bit of time with a Focal 8 series system. It's OK. It's expensive. In my opinion, Focals which cost twice the price of Axiom speakers do not sound as good.

Nevertheless, Angry Fellow, I hope you enjoy your Focals and sincerely hope you overcome your anger and disgust with Axiom over such a trivial matter. I also hope you reflect on Ian's gracious post, explanation and apology to you and acknowledge class when you see it.

Lastly, I have been buying Axiom speakers since 2002, 14 years. I own or have owned some high-end speakers including Thiel CS3.6s, Infinity Overture Composition III towers, vintage Dahlquists, and Klipsch big horns. My Axioms stand tall in this august company of audio accomplishment.

Trust your ears not the rantings of internet trolls.

Last edited by 2x6spds; 06/03/16 07:24 AM.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
2x6spds #419280 06/03/16 07:35 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
You and a few others here keep attacking me. You keep calling me angry and disgusted, I attacked no one. I said repeatedly Debbie is very nice. I thanked Ian for responding. But you act like because Debbie is nice and Ian posted a message my 90 dollars for boxes I could not use was worth it.

You act as though 90 dollars was the price to speak with Debbie over the phone.

You also keep talking about these boxes being my only issue well it's not. Last year I had an even worse experience. But I am not here to talk about that.

Thank you Bill I am sharing facts so that others will have a current picture. But I am being attacked as if I am some troll who never bought an axiom product in his life. Thank you for understanding me

Last edited by Griffith Strife; 06/03/16 07:42 AM.

M80s QS8s VP150 SVS 25-31 Rotel RSX-1560
Griffith Strife #419281 06/03/16 08:22 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Peace on.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
2x6spds #419282 06/03/16 11:33 AM
C
connoisseur
connoisseur
C
Mr. Stife - Please PM the price on the QS8's along with your contact information, and we can handle the rest off line. Thank you.

Griffith Strife #419283 06/03/16 04:48 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
All of a sudden it's not boring here anymore,ha!

I haven't been posting here much lately because my 4 Axiom systems have been performing to perfection...

TAM

Griffith Strife #419284 06/03/16 05:29 PM
veteran
veteran
Griffith Strife: I never attacked you in my post period...yes there was a subtle disagreement with your point of view but no where did I say that your point of view was invalid or wrong..nor would I!!! Now let's look at your kind words for me shall we(yes I'm being very sarcastic)

Stereoguy99

Did I attack Debbie?(Did I say that in my post??) Did I call her names or mock her in some way? I told the truth exactly how it happened. Debbie was nice the whole way through. Many times in my post I referred to her as the nice lady. Maybe you should learn to read.(Personal attack 1)

Stereoguy99

2x6 attacked me but yet you attack me (Where did I do so?) for my sub comment. Any objective person would see I attacked no one I was simply stating facts not whining. Just telling new people What Axiom is really like now. So they don't go by 3 and 4 year old posts and 10 year old reviews. My comments are based on my experiences now & the past in particular the last 3 months!!

Edited to add this about 2x6 story Stereoguy99 referred to

Axiom did not lose money they made money. You act like Axiom should be knighted for not losing a sale(????Where did I say/imply that?) Any company would of did the same thing. Either A burn the cost of shipping the speakers out in the first place. Or make a profit on a new set.

Dare I say you are delusional,(Personal attack number 2) you truly believe Axiom sells these speakers for cost ( again where did I say anything remotely close to this???). I mean what bushiness would choose to lose 60 dollars instead of make 600.

P.S I just looked up 2x6spds post about the way Axiom treated him...it is Jan 26th/2016!!!this year sir not 3-4 yrs ago!!! So that says it all!Again IMO!

Griffith Strife: You are an angry person IMO! Oh I do have the right to rebuke your personal attacks on me & will do so, have a great weekend Griffith Strife!!

Last edited by Stereoguy99; 06/03/16 05:35 PM.

Paradigm 800F,Paradigm C600,Axiom QS8 v3,Paradigm DSP-3100 Sub,AVR Anthem MRX-740
Griffith Strife #419285 06/03/16 05:36 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
Hmmm. Kinda reminds me of AVS...

TAM

exlabdriver #419286 06/03/16 05:39 PM
veteran
veteran
Or digitalhome forum a few years back!!!!

Paradigm 800F,Paradigm C600,Axiom QS8 v3,Paradigm DSP-3100 Sub,AVR Anthem MRX-740
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters