Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: I am Done With Axiom Forever
Griffith Strife #419305 06/04/16 07:12 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
To quote people who leave MMO games after they left... Can I have your stuff? smile

Kidding... I see both sides on this discussion.

LFR1100 Actives,QS10HPx2,QS8x2,EP800,M3x4,M3x2 (Wood),M5HPx2 (Wood),AxiomAir,ADA1500-8,ADA1500-7
Griffith Strife #419306 06/04/16 10:34 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Strife- you have a legitimate concern. It seems that Axiom dropped the ball.

But I remember why I too had you blocked after the last incident. It's not what happened to you.... it's the drama and reactionary style in which you continue to present it.

Good luck to you.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Wid #419340 06/06/16 08:10 PM
M
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
Originally Posted By Wid
Originally Posted By craigsub
BobKay... smarmy political comments on this board are the reason I rarely post. It was old in 2005.

There should be a like button for posts like this.

Griffith Strife #419368 06/09/16 07:54 PM
M
MMM Offline
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
For the sake of not propagating another angry thread about this company, I figure that I would add my thoughts to this thread.

I am not as ticked off as Grifith, but sure am getting up there. I hope that when IAN said on the AxiomAir thread that maybe the company should monitor this web forum more, that comments like this thread get taken seriously.

On May 24th, I ordered a second one of the ADA1000 amps for my system, this time a 5 channel configuration, so it's not a cheep amp. I called up and spoke with Debbie on May 30th to confirm a time when the Amp will be shipping. I am down right now as I need the 5 channel amp to watch TV as I don't have a center channel amp hooked up. Rather than ripping everything on my rack apart to re-route all the cables as a stop gap measure, I was assured that the unit was just finishing production and would be going into the Testing Department mid week. It should ship out possibly on that Friday, but most likely Monday. As I live so close, the Amp should hit my doorstep on Tuesday June 7 by the latest.

Well, we are now on Thursday June 9th, and after several not returned phone calls and an email, I finally got someone to pick up my call. Sadly JC has no idea where in the process my Amp is. If it even got made, or is stuck in testing, Guaranteed it is not shipping today so there is ZERO chance I am getting it this week.

I know that I am going to get blasted by many here for getting upset that my amp is 7+ days late. I am sure that you can go on how you had to wait extra weeks for your speakers to arrive. I get that. What I get upset about is setting up false expectations and making promises of shipping that simply cannot be kept.

If you look at what Grifth originally said in the first post here. He was upset that he paid for something and was given a promise to get (in his case boxes) that was just handled badly and he never got what he was promised or paid for.

Here I am, really wanting a second amp. Had I been told that you know we are really busy and we hope to get it out to you in 2 weeks time from order, but realistically it might take 6-8 weeks, I would not have a problem. I would have removed an amp and re-wired knowing that its going to take a while. I would have been watching my TV and been happy right now looking forward to getting my second ADA1000 and hooking up to ATMOS.

But no, I got a promise, not once, but twice confirming that on June 7 I would have an amp. That is pure and simply BAD CUSTOMER RELATIONS and not doing Axiom any favours for keeping this customer who has spent multiple thousands of dollars on products from them. It is customers like ME who pay the bills. It is customers like ME who they rely on to give referrals so that they get more people to buy their product and they grow.

What do you think I will be saying to anyone who asks me what I think of Axiom? Likely it's closer to ' they make great speakers if and when you get them some unknown time in the future, and btw: their customer service sucks! '

That is the reality that Ian has to correct and get the rest of their staff onboard. Reality like for JC who when he got my email or phone calls, got back to me acknowledging that he got my message and is looking into what is going on. Not saying anything and leaving the customer in Limbo is the same to the customer as hanging up the phone on them and simply ignoring their request. NOT GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICE.

/Rant Over.

Matt

Last edited by MatManBobbleHead; 06/09/16 07:57 PM.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5
Griffith Strife #419375 06/09/16 10:52 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
FWIW, a friend of mine is now into his 9th week waiting for his new $12,000 lawn tractor to be delivered with all of its parts & options attached. It was already built & ready for shipping in Ontario when he ordered it. Seems that this is the second one - the first was obviously a demo & was quite beat up cosmetically & they expected him to accept it & pay full pop.

His local salesman does not return his calls & doesn't seem to care a whole lot. He isn't too happy...

TAM

Griffith Strife #419379 06/10/16 12:54 AM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Motives matter.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
Griffith Strife #419381 06/10/16 02:48 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I kinda get a kick out of these kind of rants. I know how impetuous I used to be. But age has changed me a lot, now idgaf for the most part. Things move at the pace they are going to move at and whatever it is I crave will arrive in good time. Hell its summer , go outside and enjoy the weather.

If you want something to be upset about turn on the hockey game and yell at them fer's from san jose. smile

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
Griffith Strife #419382 06/10/16 04:56 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I think they're buried with trying to work out the kinks and deliver all the Axiom Airs. They're a small operation and nice folks.

I think most of us will agree that over the years Axiom customer service has been excellent.

Relax. Is there a hockey game going on?

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
Griffith Strife #419386 06/10/16 12:53 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I do sympathize with people having issues. It can be very frustrating when you have an expectation set (sometimes a couple of times) and have them not met by any close margin.

With that said, Axiom is a very small company. When I visited them in February 2015, there were a total of about 5 people working in the whole place that day.

With the promise of the AxiomAir NEEDING to be a success, and with the extreme popularity of it as a product, their focus is definitely there. I am not saying that it should be at the expense of regular service, but that is what is happening. To me I would think that even a part time high school kid could work afternoons to help get things out the door, or do something to alleviate the extra pressure of more mundane tasks on the more skilled and experienced staff that we know and love.

Again, I am not making excuses for them, I just know that this is a really tough time with a high expenditure in AxiomAir R&D and product development and support.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
Griffith Strife #419389 06/10/16 04:55 PM
local
local
Notwithstanding the box troll, I am guessing that Axiom is stuck between moving out a ton of Airs, and being a bit short of staff on the service side due to some staff retirements and departures. Hopefully they're able to hire a couple of good new people soon to fill in the gaps!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters