Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Who Killed This Website?
2x6spds #420308 09/16/16 01:01 PM
2x6spds Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
A claque of flaks! There is still a spark of life in this website. KILL IT! MUST TO DIE!! Rouse yourselves to assure we hear nothing more than Happy Birthday fellow claquer! You've made this site your own and you have silenced it.

Congratulations.

Yes, Cohesion, Axiom makes fine speakers but no interconnects or tube amps. Yet, there were those who reported that some Axiom speakers sound really wonderful with tube amplification, or that a variety of speaker wire seems to make the music from Axiom speakers sound even better.

Yes, this could have been a site where a thousand flowers were permitted to bloom. This would have been good for Axiom. Maybe more people would have bought M3s or M2s to try with an inexpensive tube amp in search of the music magic.

Instead, we have a dark, empty and silent site where the faithful lie in wait for a non-conforming audio opinion and then ... chase it away.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
2x6spds #420309 09/16/16 01:19 PM
M
MMM Offline
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
Or maybe... just maybe some of the people have bought their speakers and amps and are happily sitting at home enjoying the music as there is no need to upgrade or talk about their experience.

They JFDI

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5
2x6spds #420310 09/16/16 01:36 PM
2x6spds Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Yes, silence is golden for a website.

MMM #420312 09/16/16 04:52 PM
C
aficionado
aficionado
C
Originally Posted By MatManBobbleHead
Or maybe... just maybe some of the people have bought their speakers and amps and are happily sitting at home enjoying the music as there is no need to upgrade or talk about their experience.

They JFDI

A few weeks ago I read an article(I believe it was S&V)sadly, that according to sales figures in recent years, mid-high end audio in the U.S. was dying a gradual death so this lack of excitement across the board about the subject seems to be happening all over and I am sure that it can't help but be showing up in Axiom sales figures. Since, upon her retirement, Axiom seems to have never replaced Noreen, it looks like they are operating with a more streamlined staff as well.

My upgrading pretty much was completed a couple of years ago so at this stage of the game anyway, there doesn't seem to be much need for me to go any further. Practically speaking, as a Canadian with oil prices in the dumper and the Canadian dollar having slipped, prices for us Canucks have increased dramatically in the last couple of years so when it comes to making any changes and or meaningful upgrades that situation doesn't help either.

Perhaps Ian would like to chime in here to give us all his professional "insiders opinion" on the current state of the industry and Axiom, it would be interesting.

2x6spds #420313 09/16/16 05:57 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I used to post a lot here, but my Axiom message board time essentially got replaced with Facebook and iPhone games like Simpsons: Tapped Out and now Pokemon Go.

When I joined in 2006, this web site was my social media in toto. I joined Facebook in 2008 and the transition began. The people that I used to group PM with here have formed a private Facebook page that serves the same purpose. The Facebook app makes it so easy.

I have had the same thoughts on the decline of the message boards. It is sad, because the boards have introduced me to fabulous new friends. The 30th anniversary meet-up at Axiom HQ in 2010 was one of the best weekends of my life, and that's no hyperbole. Meeting so many people I'd talked to online was a real hoot. Lasting friendships were made.

The 35th anniversary meet-up, by contrast, I did not attend. I admit to a kind of "been there done that" mentality and realize that it cost me a chance to meet some of the newer guys that have frequented the boards.

So, nothing sinister about it - I swear that our secret cabal has not had this on our agenda. Yes, I admit to the existence of the cabal - it's just that we don't discuss cables and vinyl at our meetings - just beer and bacon. Have a good one, everybody.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
casey01 #420315 09/16/16 07:27 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By casey01
Originally Posted By MatManBobbleHead

They JFDI

A few weeks ago I read an article(I believe it was S&V)sadly, that according to sales figures in recent years, mid-high end audio in the U.S. was dying a gradual death so this lack of excitement across the board about the subject seems to be happening all over and I am sure that it can't help but be showing up in Axiom sales figures. Since, upon her retirement, Axiom seems to have never replaced Noreen, it looks like they are operating with a more streamlined staff as well.

My upgrading pretty much was completed a couple of years ago so at this stage of the game anyway, there doesn't seem to be much need for me to go any further. Practically speaking, as a Canadian with oil prices in the dumper and the Canadian dollar having slipped, prices for us Canucks have increased dramatically in the last couple of years so when it comes to making any changes and or meaningful upgrades that situation doesn't help either.

Perhaps Ian would like to chime in here to give us all his professional "insiders opinion" on the current state of the industry and Axiom, it would be interesting.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
2x6spds #420316 09/16/16 08:13 PM
local
local
Originally Posted By 2x6spds
A claque of flaks! There is still a spark of life in this website. KILL IT! MUST TO DIE!! Rouse yourselves to assure we hear nothing more than Happy Birthday fellow claquer! You've made this site your own and you have silenced it.

Congratulations.

Yes, Cohesion, Axiom makes fine speakers but no interconnects or tube amps. Yet, there were those who reported that some Axiom speakers sound really wonderful with tube amplification, or that a variety of speaker wire seems to make the music from Axiom speakers sound even better.

Yes, this could have been a site where a thousand flowers were permitted to bloom. This would have been good for Axiom. Maybe more people would have bought M3s or M2s to try with an inexpensive tube amp in search of the music magic.

Instead, we have a dark, empty and silent site where the faithful lie in wait for a non-conforming audio opinion and then ... chase it away.

Actually it does appear that the mere hint of a discussion of tube amps and esoteric wire has brought on a good trail of posts! Perhaps we'll yet see a flame war erupt! Would that make you happy 2x6?

I guess not. Seriously though, do you want to hear a discussion about how Axiom or some other speakers sound like with tube amps and esoteric wire? Is that the only thing that would get you more interested in participating in this forum?

2x6spds #420317 09/16/16 08:16 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Activity is created by people asking questions. There is no meaningful discussion without some content with meat to it. I think most of the folks here are happy with their setups, or cant afford to upgrade right now. I'm in the latter camp.

I'd love to read about your new speakers once they are set up. Why don't you start a thread when you can.

BTW, If I am in the "shut it down for going against" camp. I am completely indifferent about it. Science is the basis for Axiom's speaker creations. I think there is room for both camps here. We can share the fire. Just our marshmallows will taste better. grin

2x6spds #420318 09/16/16 08:56 PM
2x6spds Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Share the fire!

Yezzuh!

Big boxes arrived (again - first time came trashed). Mark is coming this Sunday to set them up. Pretty long wait for an insane impulse purchase, but, I'm pretty excited.

Last edited by 2x6spds; 09/16/16 08:58 PM.

2x6spds #420321 09/17/16 12:09 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I am interested to hear you impressions on your new speakers, but don't be auditioning them with da viynls or dem funky tubes. smile

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020