#420255 09/08/16 05:01 AM
D
DrBones Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
D
Hello,

I am having trouble connecting to the AA via WiFi. A little background information is that I have had it working on both my home and work networks although it has never seamlessly found the network that is in the vicinity. I have had to delete the previous setting and then go through all of the steps again to connect it to the home or work network. Is this normal or should the AA recognize whichever network it is near? It does not seem to remember each network and stays rooted to only the last network it has accessed.

Currently I had the AA at work and it was fine. I brought it home and it was there as a choice on my WiFi but was 'not in range'. I assumed it was stuck in the office network mode again. In the past I simply deleted the existing WiFi setting for the AA and then went through the process to reset it under the home network. But this time the AA would not go into hotspot mode.

I decided to do a factory reset but despite using three different USB dongles and each one in multiple USB slots I get no factory reset and no blinking lights!

I am stuck. I think I need to get back to factory reset but how I do not know. I await in silence (no AA to listen to) for any suggestions. Thanks.

Re: Factory reset is not happening
DrBones #420264 09/08/16 12:28 PM
Axiom Engineer
devotee
Axiom Engineer
devotee
Hi DrBones,

Currently the AxiomAir will only connect to the last configured network. Our programming team is working on allowing stored networks and this will be added in a future update. If you remove the USB stick with the factory_reset file, plug in an ethernet cable, and then power on the unit, does it boot? When you power on now is the green light not appearing?

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew #420270 09/09/16 01:45 PM
D
DrBones Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
D
Good morning Andrew,

I did as you suggested and it did power on. The green light is appearing but it did not show up on my network. I then unplugged the Ethernet cord (hard to do without a knife to depress the tab)and tried to power on to see if it was in hotspot mode but it was not. It was still invisible to my network choices.

Next.

Thank you.

James

DrBones #420271 09/10/16 05:31 PM
D
DrBones Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
D
I thought I would give this post a bump to see if anyone has some suggestions. I would like to get back to listening to my AA but I am stuck. TIA.

DrBones #420281 09/13/16 10:50 AM
Axiom Engineer
devotee
Axiom Engineer
devotee
Originally Posted By DrBones
Good morning Andrew,

I did as you suggested and it did power on. The green light is appearing but it did not show up on my network. I then unplugged the Ethernet cord (hard to do without a knife to depress the tab)and tried to power on to see if it was in hotspot mode but it was not. It was still invisible to my network choices.

Next.

Thank you.

James

Hi James,

If you now power up your AxiomAir without an ethernet cable plugged in, what LEDs do you see on the front of the unit? It is likely that since you tried to perform a reset that the unit is back in its original hotspot mode.

Thanks,

Andrew

DrBones #420311 09/16/16 01:38 PM
D
DrBones Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
D
Hello Andrew,

No it is not in hotspot mode. Nothing has changed.

Thanks

James

DrBones #420520 09/30/16 01:31 PM
Axiom Engineer
devotee
Axiom Engineer
devotee
Originally Posted By DrBones
Hello Andrew,

No it is not in hotspot mode. Nothing has changed.

Thanks

James

So, on the front of your AxiomAir you have the green power LED and a solid blue LED without Ethernet plugged in? You might want to give us a call so we can try walking through some tests with you over the phone.

Thanks,

Andrew

Moderated by  Andrew, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020