Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Wish list...
#427018 11/14/17 05:41 PM
Newf Offline OP
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
There are still some things I'd like to see done better on the Air and it seems updates are moving quite slow.

1. Ability to adjust bass/treble or an eq.
2. Ability to have multi-room setup permanently. Right now the interface and volume controls to setup multiple Air's is just confusing every one in my house and I have to do it for them each time. It's creating the "I don't like this thing" attitude which is not helping me justify the high cost to the woman...for whom it was bought for. They aren't using it because they are frustrated with it. I'll admit to even fighting with the Volume controls when using multiple rooms as well. It's quirky.
3. Bluetooth. Enable it.
4. Ability for Android to stream Youtube to the Air. #3 would help.
5. Ability to startup and auto start a favorite radio station, even better, be able to schedule it. I realize there is an alarm mode but you have to leave the speaker on all the time - which I'm not doing. If I can't have both, at least have it start my fav radio station on boot.
6. Version 2 NEEDS physical volume buttons. NEEDS network connection on the back. Just say'n.
7. Ability to adjust sub output via app/web interface.
8. Ability to connect to a windows share.

Last edited by Newf; 11/14/17 05:45 PM.

2xAA
M80/VP150/VP160/QS8
4xM3/M22OW/M2OW/VP150OW/4xM3IC/4xM3OW
EP500/800/HSU VTF3/SVS PB2k/SB2k/SB-12
Re: Wish list...
Newf #427201 11/29/17 12:22 AM
M
shareholder in the making
M
You forgot Spotify.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated
Newf #427218 12/01/17 01:33 AM
Newf Offline OP
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
No, I don't use it. But by all means, everyone dive in and make suggestions

2xAA
M80/VP150/VP160/QS8
4xM3/M22OW/M2OW/VP150OW/4xM3IC/4xM3OW
EP500/800/HSU VTF3/SVS PB2k/SB2k/SB-12
Newf #427219 12/01/17 02:32 AM
M
M
Don't start using it or you'll be hooked.

House of the Rising Sone
Newf #427229 12/01/17 07:37 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Should be able to plug into a usb on back and use analog in with a chromecast audio.

Then you can run whatever you want that supports chromecast. Spotify or YouTube or whatever. They are 45$ and an instant solution. smile Pretty solid with Spotify. Use it all the time.

Newf #427336 12/06/17 08:21 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I'm onboard with some of this wish list.

Enable bluetooth. This is a must.
There are too many audio units out there that use it (and the Air was advertised as having Bluetooth in the promo video or at least that was my take away from it). My entire daughter's hockey team has two methods of connection audio in the dressing room with units that DO NOT have camera capability (e.g. no smart phones or iPads allowed). Those two connection methods are bluetooth and analog via headphone out. With newer Apple products moving to remove headphone jacks...

Secondly, with bluetooth in use, a person with a phone can then use their wireless to stream to the Air from the web. The Air is not always in a location to be hooked up via a router or local wifi system and phones cannot use the Air wifi and stream from the web at the same time.

Lastly, from a previous thread, using the analog plugin should work both ways. If you use the analog plugin, the Air should default to that without having to use the app to specifically select the analog as the input source, especially when the opposite is true (one turns on the Airplay and it auto switches over to that input source even if the analog was first jacked in and is still set to use). I know my home computer auto switches the desktop speakers on and off depending on whether a headphone set is jacked in or not.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Newf #427337 12/06/17 08:36 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I'm onboard with some of this wish list.

Enable bluetooth. This is a must.
There are too many audio units out there that use it (and the Air was advertised as having Bluetooth in the promo video or at least that was my take away from it). My entire daughter's hockey team has two methods of connection audio in the dressing room with units that DO NOT have camera capability (e.g. no smart phones or iPads allowed). Those two connection methods are bluetooth and analog via headphone out. With newer Apple products moving to remove headphone jacks...

Secondly, with bluetooth in use, a person with a phone can then use their wireless to stream to the Air from the web. The Air is not always in a location to be hooked up via a router or local wifi system and phones cannot use the Air wifi and stream from the web at the same time.

Lastly, from a previous thread, using the analog plugin should work both ways. If you use the analog plugin, the Air should default to that without having to use the app to specifically select the analog as the input source, especially when the opposite is true (one turns on the Airplay and it auto switches over to that input source even if the analog was first jacked in and is still set to use). I know my home computer auto switches the desktop speakers on and off depending on whether a headphone set is jacked in or not.

Newf #427792 12/21/17 03:18 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Hmm, not sure why my last post got double posted.
Bizarre.

Anyway, adding to the wishlist, yes i know there was an earlier thread about wanting a battery level meter for which the answer was this type of battery doesn't work well with that concept due to its fast downcurve near the end of a charge.
However, it would be nice to have SOME indication as to when it needs to be plugged in. Otherwise, can i run it at 50% for 2 days without needing a cord?
Or will it run for 3 days at 80% of 4 hours per day?
Or for that matter, how long does it take to get it a full charge? What is the rate of charging? (10% per hour or varies again because of the battery type?)
I have no idea without some kind of battery meter.

There are too many variables to get any idea whatsoever when the unit would need to be plugged in and of course, the battery will always die right when you are using it.
At least some kind of meter that might show you when the unit hits 50% charge a person could logically think to themselves, "i only have 20 minutes before i go, maybe i should plug it in before i go just to be sure it has enough charge" only to realize that after 20 minutes it only charged it 5% more and might actually need hours to get up to full.

Additionally, aside from having any kind of battery meter, how about an indicator just notifying the user that it is charging at all?
I can plug it in, now that i know the LED on the power brick should be green, but how do i know if the unit is charging or is fully charged and done?
Most chargers (such as my camera battery) has a little blinky light when charging which goes solid when it is done. Simple, but useful for every user.

One last thought, back in regards to Bluetooth. In looking at the Pi specs recently, it seems that Pi2 doesn't have bluetooth onboard. That comes onboard with Pi3. Hence, asking for bluetooth to be enabled means that everyone with a Pi2 system would need to upgrade to a Pi3 board or use a dongle such as for the wifi right now.
Would Axiom be sending out bluetooth dongles to every person who bought an Air?
I don't think so.
I'm still wondering if bluetooth is even on the menu for enabling as a feature. It was in the video stating the Air would have bluetooth, but unless anyone else has heard anything back...
It would make this unit truly universal for connectivity and that is what sold it for us and some others we know.

Any hints on the future plans?

chesseroo #427812 12/21/17 08:48 PM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
When you are down to your last 15-30 minutes of battery life the red LED will go solid red.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
Newf #427814 12/21/17 09:39 PM
M
M
How about a DSP? smile

House of the Rising Sone