Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Problems always on Friday when cust sppt is gone
#427369 12/08/17 10:51 PM
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
A little help from anyone else with an Axiom Air?

I plugged the unit in this afternoon to get it powered up. It has been sitting in a box for about a month (testing it before it gets handed out as a gift).

I went to startup the Air after plugging it in and got no joy. No lights. The unit was working fine when i first got it a month ago.
Thinking there is something wrong with the Air, i tried a few variations to turn it on like holding the power button down for a few seconds rather than a quick press.
Nothing.

I checked the power cables and one was 'a bit' loose (the main three prong going into the transformer) so i made sure it was tight and tried turning on the power again.
Nothing.

Then i noticed on the power brick there is a little LED light. I noticed that LED light is not on when the brick is plugged in (assuming it is a light of course).
Can someone confirm if this light is on for their Air when plugged in?
If yes, then i would suspect i have a dead power brick and as such, cannot do squat with the Air until sometime next week after contacting customer support.

[sigh]
Always a problem on a Friday evening when business is closed.

Given the nature of the problem there is no other way to charge the Air. Something new to add to a wish list.
It would be nice if there was a universal charger that i could hook up to this thing. I could drive to Best Buy and have a new charger in about 10 minutes. Or even a USB trickle charge. It might be slow, but it's better than having to wait 4+ days until a new power brick could possibly arrive.
Any thoughts that anyone else knows about?

Last edited by chesseroo; 12/08/17 10:53 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Re: Problems always on Friday when cust sppt is gone
chesseroo #427399 12/10/17 07:33 AM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
The green LED on the power brick should be on when it is plugged into the wall socket.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Moderated by  Andrew, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020