Reset
#428088 01/04/18 02:33 AM
L
Lucas Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
L
Is there really no other way to reset these stupid speakers than to dick around creating some USB stick with an empty text file?? What is wrong with a button like every other electronic device out there??? OY, why did I buy these paper weights.

Re: Reset
Lucas #428091 01/04/18 04:23 AM
M
shareholder in the making
M
Have you tried power cycling or doing a factory reset via the app? Make sure you're using the latest firmware and Air client because many performance, scalability and reliability improvements have been made since the first introduction.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated
Lucas #428095 01/04/18 12:25 PM
L
Lucas Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
L
Can’t access the speaker. I moved and with the move, new wifi, managed to get on connected through hotspot and switched over the wifi, but the other one isn’t showing up anymore to do the same thing and have another that is apparently not showing up either.

Lucas #428096 01/04/18 02:26 PM
M
M
It sounds like you have three Airs and the configuration in two of them is corrupted. This can happen if power to the Air is interrupted while it's booting up although that is unlikely if both of them have a battery. A blank text file will clear all the registers in the pi2 board and allow it to boot. It might be a good idea for Axiom to provide a reset button in the future.

House of the Rising Sone
Lucas #428099 01/05/18 04:59 AM
L
Lucas Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
L
Yea, I have 5. Bought 4, regretting every minute and dollar of it, and had a 5 shipped to me to try and figure out the connectivity issues I’ve been painstakingly dealing with ever since I got them a year and a bit ago. I’m honestly debating whether it mightn’t be easier to just throw them out or continue yet dealing with such a terrible product. They don’t do what i thought they’d do, hell they don’t even do what they’re suppose to do let alone what I thought they would do. They have continually been an great aggravation and dissapointment, and even when I submitted an honest review of them on the Axiom website, they never posted it! Shocker.

So, hopefully you can see why I’m now bitchy about having to dick around and waste yet more of my valuable time to try to reset the damn things.

Lucas #428100 01/05/18 05:24 AM
M
M
Yeah I hear you. The software experience has a looooong way to go. My buddies put up with the bad experience because they love the sound and portability.

Axiom will be introducing wireless on other speaker models. That shows they're committed to improving the experience.

Axiom has a trade-in program. If you're thinking of trashing them, maybe you can trade them in on other stuff.

House of the Rising Sone
Lucas #428103 01/05/18 05:07 PM
L
Lucas Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
L
After experiencing this level of quality, not sure I’m willing to exchange one headache for another. Besides, the whole reason I even dropped the money on these was because I wanted the ability to have a speaker in each room of my apartment and be able to select which one plays the music or movie depending on where I was, but they don’t even do that, unless the music is directly tied to the speakers. So to exchange for wired speakers does me nothing. It was the wireless feature that suckered me in, along with there description of being able to select which speakers are playing and that somehow they’d play whatever was playing on any of them. And that I’m aparently now still looking for in a speaker.

Lucas #428104 01/05/18 05:32 PM
M
M
Yeah...I know. I am sure Axiom is burning the midnight oil on a more robust experience. Eventually all their speakers will be available with Air as an option and the software will be seamless.

I am sure Axiom will see to it that folks are satisfied. I know it's tough to hang in there and be patient. I waited a decade for a better center and sub...LOL! Axiom took care of me and they truly do sound amazing even to a highly critical listener like me. My fronts and surrounds will be upgraded next with newer Axioms and I am looking forward to trying out the wireless M5HPs when available.

House of the Rising Sone
Lucas #428110 01/06/18 08:10 AM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
Hi Lucas,

We really do want to get these working for you. I think the best way to do this is to schedule a phone call so we get them all working. Where we left it after our last message was you were experiencing drop-out when your AxiomAir was plugged into your router with an Ethernet cable. This tells us that the drop-out is between the source and your router. I would suggest putting all of your songs on a NAS that can be plugged into your router with a cable. This will eliminate any drop-out between the source and your router. We can then make sure your AxiomAirs all have the latest code and you have the appropriate App downloaded to get to the User Interface easily from any device. We can then rename them for each room they are in and make sure the connection from your router to each AxiomAir is robust.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Moderated by  Andrew, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 354 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup