Why did u order Axiom's
#42891 04/23/04 11:21 PM
L
littleb Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
L
I am directing this question at those that ordered Axiom speakers on faith alone, as I did. I was curious why someone else might order a speaker they haven't heard when they could have driven cross town and purchased another brand that they could audition?

As for me, I did it out of frustration and a belief that there had to be something else out there that was as good or better than what I was hearing in the stores. Luckily, I was right and Spiff, Chesseroo, Sushi, JohnK, Alan, and the rest of the gang here led me in the right direction. Thanks, guys! I spent the last hour listening to the best of Abba, believe it or not. And it sounded darn good.

Re: Why did u order Axiom's
#42892 04/23/04 11:55 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Axiom's are truly amazing if they can make even Abba sound good. Wow...

I didn't buy my first pair of Axiom's on blind faith though. I first bought a pair of Energy C-3's, and then also ordered a pair of Axiom M22ti's. I listened to the two side-by-side at home for a few days. I've been a loyal Axiomite ever since.

#42893 04/24/04 12:05 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
I bought the M22s because my wife didn't want me to wait for the Hsu Ventriloquist system. (I had heard it at CES 2003 and was impressed, but it was still under development.)

I am very very glad she was impatient. The real reason she pushed me to buy was so that she could finally be rid of the giant Paradigm Monitor 9s.

Of course, I had done lots and lots of research before deciding on the M22s. They were actually my first choice. The funny thing is, I didn't discover this forum until AFTER I had bought them.

#42894 04/24/04 12:06 AM
aficionado
aficionado
-I think a large part of my willingness to 'chance it' was that I had not read a single truly negative review of the speakers that seemed credible. There were a few I saw, but they seemed less like (even subjective) reviews and more like either anti-axiom rants or “I’m too cool/rich to not spend $20000.00 on a pair of speakers you poor smucks”. All other reviews were either positive or "nice, but not my cup o' tea". And those reviews (mostly for the M22s I was eyeing) that did not care for them always said the same thing “forward” and “lacking in base”, but have “great mids”. Even when criticized Axiom speakers were consistent! This is across all the forums (reviews and comparisons) I read: audioreview.com, hometheaterforum.com, avsforum.com, and The Spot.
-In addition, I could not find any complaints about customer service. Not that I could find a lot of raves (which I found and contributed to), but I could not find anyone complaining. That says a LOT more than any number of raves about service to me. It means that even those that are bitter and feel entitled to godhood can't find fault!
-This forum and a post from Peter (thanks man!) about a comparison of the M22s and CSW speakers I had. The people of the Axiom forum are open and honest (perhaps roughly so) about their opinions and experiences with the speakers and the company and Axiom let’s us do this all on their dime and on their site! No one is told to post elsewhere if they say they prefer a different speaker. Just don’t mention cables/isolation pads/tubes/warm sounding solid-state receivers… .
-30 Day money back guarantee that forum posters has noted using w/o negative effects.
Overall I got a feeling that if I did not like the speakers I could return them with very little fuss and little out of pocket expense. And WOW oh WOW am I glad I did.

jr

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." C Hitchens
#42895 04/24/04 12:13 AM
devotee
devotee
A lot of folks on here did a lot of shopping and ended up perfectly happy with the Axioms. My job prevents me from doing a lot of shopping, so I figured that I would trust the judgement of the people posting their experiences with Axiom on here.

Most of the speakers I hear at other people's houses always sound fine in the low and mid ranges to me, but none of them seem to do a really good job with the higher stuff. That is one complaint that I've never heard about Axiom speakers. I just assumed that they would suit my taste.

They did.

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.
#42896 04/24/04 12:19 AM
aficionado
aficionado
i was ready to attempt to design and build my own speakers and i was going to use multiple smaller drivers and two or even three tweeters and i stumbled across this site,liked what i saw,read the reviews,and said what the hell,all i had to lose was shipping,the dual tweeters was definetly the kicker that made me order,so glad i did....when axiom comes out with a bigger,badder version,im ready...ron

#42897 04/24/04 12:23 AM
aficionado
aficionado
forgot to mention-i was also ready to drop about 6000 us dollars on a pair of speakers i really liked--whew--glad i found this place--so is my wife

#42898 04/24/04 12:32 AM
R
connoisseur
connoisseur
R
I auditioned alot of speakers over a couple of months and had zeroed in on the B&W 703s, but the center & surrounds didn't knock my socks off. Did the requisite research in the forums and these Axiom things kept popping up. Found several places that compared them favorably to the B&W 703s, but raved about the VP centers and especially the QS8s.

Found this website (and it's twisted denizens ) and liked the tone, honesty and information. A couple of phone calls to the Axiom mother ship and some fantastic discussions and I ordered on blind faith. While I wasn't really interested in the hassle of doing a return, it was a nice security blanket. I traded their audio for my money, and I got the better end of the deal! It took, I don't know 3 minutes, to love the things. No buyer's remorse and I stop by the B&W speaker store once in a while and stick my tongue out at the 3X price difference I saved.

Of course, I'm buying CDs and DVDs at a rate that will match the B&W savings shortly because of the sheer enjoyment of the listening experience.

#42899 04/24/04 12:59 AM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
I don't remember exactly where I heard the Axiom name... a forum somewhere... I was checking out Paradigms (my old speaker of choice) and gave this Axiom place a look.

I was sold by Ian and Alan's no-nonsense approach to audio reading through the site... they make no wild claims - everything is backed up scientifically or at least with common sense and since I already know what I like in a speaker... I, uh, experimented in high school I gave them a shot.

Bren R.

#42900 04/24/04 01:35 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I remember when i was buying my speakers i was originally sold on the PSB 6t's but i was turned onto axiom from someone i was talking to on AIM because he liked the amount of drivers in the M80's...

I checked them out and they certainly looked impressive but i didnt think id be able to afford the m80, so i thought id be getting the M60's. After reading all the online reviews etc i just decided to order, they had good specs, good reviews etc. Well i ordered from the outlet and was able to afford the M80 after all, mainly because of the free shipping which i had to factor into my allowance for other speakers (like the 6t) Now that i have them i couldnt be happier, its been almost a year and 5 months and i still like them as much as the day i got them. My previous speakers which i ordered online w/o hearing (no dealers here) i got tired of after about a year... to the point of not even listening to the stereo anymore because i disliked them soo much.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 740 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup