Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Why did u order Axiom's
#42911 04/24/04 02:28 PM
veteran
veteran
Where I live I have limited access to high end music stores and did a lot of research prior to actually buying Axioms. The only quality speakers that I could listen to were, as I indicated in previous posts, a pair of Paradigm Reference 11s. I spent almost a year researching different Brands of speakers, checking Audioreview.com and other forums, and eventually focussed on Paradigm as my speaker of choice. I started negotiating with a couple of stereo stores which, while friendly, wasn't getting me anywhere. Then Paradigm raised their prices by 15% across the board. While on Audioreview.com, I noticed a company I had not heard of before (guess which). When I looked at their reviews they were consistently high with a high level of customer satisfaction and the reviews were the same on all points. I then checked out the website and started auditing the Axiom Forum. I liked what I read - opinions were evenly balanced, discussions were open and frank not only about the good points but also the "areas for opportunity". The overall reviews were so good that I thought to myself "either these people are full of it or these are really great speakers". Read the 30 return policy and decided to dip my toes in the water. I ordered the M60's first and was impressed with the sound and build quality of the units, three weeks later ordered the VP100 and QS8's, and finally the EP350 about six months later. I have not beem disappointed in my systems and the reviews on Audioreview and Axiom Forum that really made up my mind for me.

Customer service has been second to none - even though I ordered the EP350 months after the rest of the system, I still got the EPIC60 discount. When I called Axiom about a small crease in the dust cover on one of my M60 tweeters to see if it would impact the sound quality, they said "No" and then promptly sent me a new tweeter. Unbelieveable!!

I am happy with my choice, I bought Axioms because of other customer's satisfaction which in my mind is the ultimate product reference.

Exaudio ergo cogito ergo sum
#42912 04/24/04 09:56 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
positive reviews, buyer satisfaction, customer service, value, and performance.

i was gonna buy paradigms, and found out about axioms thru other forums and a few reviews. have never heard them.. my first time will be when i set them up in my living room. i am nervous, but confident.

when you just keep hearing sooooo many positive things about a product, you cant help but believe it after a while.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#42913 04/24/04 10:12 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I read alot of positive things about Axiom on AVS, HTforum and Audioreview. That lead me to check out the Axiom website and after lurking in the forum, I stuck around (mostly because of the friendly manner with which everyone here interacts - for the most part). After doing lots of listening and asking lots of questions, I took the leap and ordered a pair of M60tis from a B&M store in Saskatchewan and haven't looked back. I have been nothing but completely satisfied with my purchase and have since added a VP150 from the Axiom F.O.

"Chickens don't clap."
#42914 04/25/04 11:44 AM
aficionado
aficionado
bigjohn, you must be referring to the brainwashing theory.
dan

#42915 04/25/04 12:27 PM
devotee
devotee
Some time back, my wife and I went into the local HifiBuys for some reason. We poked around in the lower end listening room and listened to some tower variations. Then, for kicks, we went into the higher end room to give a listen. It's there that it all started. I heard for the first time the clarity and imaging that I really wanted. It completely ruined by old Yamahas.....got home and realized how truly bad they actually sound compared to what's out there.

So, I went on the hunt...I wanted that clarity/detail/imaging, but I wanted it for an affordable price. I had already been a veteran AVS pilot from dealing with front projectors and HTPCs, so I started lurking around the speaker forums looking for recommendations in the non-audiophile price-range. From there, I began to pick up the different names, which I would then check out via their websites or merchant websites. With me seeking floor-standers, some of the speakers eliminated themselves.

As many have pointed out so far, what became readily apparent in all the comments and reviews was the fact that no one really had anything negative to say about these speakers. When you consider that with the plentitude of positive reviews, the reputation for clarity/detail, and the generally affordable price, my interest was definitely sparked.

That is where I found these forums and began lurking for a few months. The wealth of knowledge, the consistent level of satisfaction, the abundance of comparison information, the discussion about customer service, etc, etc, all played into my decsion to make the leap of faith. Now, I have a pair of M22s up on top of my old Yamahas and I couldn't be happier......at least until the M60s arrive for comparison.

#42916 04/26/04 12:07 PM
J
veteran
veteran
J
It is so unlike me to buy ANYTHING without seeing it, hearing it, smelling it, etc. I auditioned several speakers (in NJ and PA) and it became obvious to me that to get what I wanted for a large room was very expensive. I therefore tried to see if I could get some of the speakers I auditioned and liked (Paradigm, B&W) cheaper over the internet. That didn't pan out because of the shipping and the overall uncertainty of doing it that way.

I literally stumbled upon the Axiom site and read the messages for about one month. All the positive reviews I read there and by independent reviewers convinced me to go for it. Three months later.....I love these speakers. The problem is I am spending more money now on new CDs and DVDs.

John

#42917 04/26/04 03:46 PM
hobbyist
hobbyist
I've been searching for new speakers ever since, well... since I bought my speakers now. I just never really found stuff affordable enough and also sounding good enough. Well, currently, My order is being processed/shipped with Axiom, and I am upgrading from Polk Audio Speakers all around. Needless to say, they don't give "Bang for the buck"
Also, if I upgraded I had to do the whole 7 speakers because my wife can't stand when things don't properly match. If I had two different looking speaker types, she would flip. So not having a big budget, and having a very particular wife, and not really being completely satisfied with speakers that I audition in my price range, I have to say that Axiom has my bet.

While the Polk are good for entry level home theaters, I just have a hard time because they lack the clarity that I long for. So that's why I am here now.

Reading all these posts about how transparent, and clear the Axiom line is, I just couldn't refuse the order. Now the eager waiting begins. I ordered last night at 11:30 or so... and fortunately enough, shipping is very quick compared to other online manufacturers.

But after weeks of reading and reading on this forum, two-three days just seems like forever!!!!

Jon Liu Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's just too hard to read
#42918 04/26/04 04:32 PM
axiomite
axiomite
In reply to:

"But after weeks of reading and reading on this forum, two-three days just seems like forever!!!!"

Jonathon,

Hang in there, they'll arrive. Though, I would caution you not to set yourself up for disappointment.

If you have not already done so, be sure to read this thread. It points out a potential pitfall to the entire online speaker buying experience.

On the other hand, enjoy your anticipation, and be ready for the fun of opening all the boxes.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#42919 04/26/04 07:33 PM
hobbyist
hobbyist
Ajax,

Thanks for the heads up. Regardless of what they sound like, I will like them anyway. Even if it's just a SLIGHT improvement over what I have now, it will be an appreciable difference. Going from Polk which, I found, to be kind of a hit and miss company, to Axiom should show improvements. Mind you, I have lower end Polk speakers (CSi30, R40's, FXi30s).

In the long run, what I was looking for, when purchasing the axioms were, sexy-looking speakers (which by a lot of pictures posted in several different forums, I have been reaffirmed just that) and an improvement in sound quality, slight if not hoping for a big improvement. Plus, I also just heard there were nice, subtle, and sometimes even great improvements with the quadpole surround design! So, it's not just the sound quality that I am excited about.

The axioms will look a lot better than my Polk speakers right now (I already know that). The axioms will be more transparent and have a flatter response than my polks. Will I notice a difference, most likely. I am sure there will be time needed for listening adjustment.

So my eagerness and anticipation don't rely soley on me being blown away. It is more that I am excited to be rid of my Polks and have higher regarded speakers!

It's kind of funny, if I anticipate something, I pretty much fool myself into liking it as much as I anticpated it, so I, pretty much, can't go wrong here!

Jon Liu Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's just too hard to read
#42920 04/26/04 08:36 PM
L
littleb Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
L
I've had the m22s for awhile now. I was initially blown away by them. After a couple of months I began to have second thoughts. But, I hung in there and I can now say that I cannot envision myself parting with them. If you are used to an inefficient, laid back speaker it may take awhile to acclamate to them. But, it is indeed worth it. One thing I've always said about these is that I can't believe how all that sound can be coming from those 2 little wedge shaped boxes.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters