Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Why did u order Axiom's
#42921 04/26/04 11:41 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I read reviews of the Axiom speakers, liked what I heard, and kept the idea in the back of my mind. I already had an Infinity speaker system - Composition Overture 3 mains, CC3 center and RS4 side surrounds. I was happy and dumb. Then, on a lark, I ordered a Merak MC6H center channel speaker from ubid.com, for my secretary's system, because I couldn't pass up the $29 price. It absolutely blew away my pretty darn expensive Infinity CC3 center speaker. So, I took a chance and ordered a pair of M3Tis. I loved the way they looked, and couldn't believe how good they sounded. These just over $200 a pair bookshelf speakers were heads and shoulders better than the Overture 3s (MSRP $3000). I sold all my Infinity speakers, and have been buying Axiom and Axiom made speakers ever since. Love 'em!

I'm looking forward to comparing the $200+ M3Tis with a pair of $2,500 Reference 3a de Capo mm bookshelf speakers. I expect the de Capos to do better, but if the M3Tis can hang in there, that would really be something.

I'd also like to see Axiom build a pair of $500 bookshelf speakers which perform on par with the de Capo mms or outperform them. Now THAT would really be something!

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
#42922 04/27/04 05:43 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Nice signature there, =12.

#42923 04/29/04 02:03 AM
M
old hand
old hand
M
I was looking for a pair of speakers to replace my old EPIs as one of the woofers had gone funky on them. I went and auditioned a whole wack of speakers, B&W, Klipsch, Energy, Infinity, Paradigm Reference, Athena, Polk ect. Of the ones I heard I liked some Infinity and Paradigm Reference bookshelfs best, but they were both more that I wanted to spend. So I looked around on the net and discovered the highly rated, yet cheap, Paradigm Titan. The store I heard the Paradigm References at didnt carry that line but they could order them. So I ordered a pair and was throughly dissapointed when I got them home. They sounded incredibly dull, like they had a blanket over them, and they had a boomy low end. I went to a few more stores and discovered the Angstrom Omega 5. I loved their sound, but they were really ugly. Plus I couldnt find much of any info about them. I eventually posted a topic on a non-audio related internet fourm about my search for speakers, and someone pointed me to the Axiom M3Tis. I saw Axiom had a 30 day return policy so I went and ordered a pair of M2is, which needless to say I was quite happy with.

#42924 07/24/04 08:30 PM
regular
regular
I listened to the typical store stuff, Polk, Paradigm, Definitive Technology, Sapphires, and B&W. After a while I got fed up with running all over town listening to speakers set-up in Listening Rooms. I wanted at home to try them out. I read great reviews about Axioms and just bit the bullet. I knew if I didn't like them I could send them back. I still have them.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters