Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: factory_reset not working
aabouganem #429449 05/11/18 10:17 PM
local
local
Hi Ben,

If it automatically connects to your home network, I'm really not sure how a factory reset would help.

Did you say that you can play music but not control the volume? How do you get the music to play?

Are you able to connect using one of the apps (Android or iPhone)?

Mike

Cohesion #429450 05/13/18 12:39 AM
B
bcm Offline
regular
regular
B
Hi Mike,

I can airplay to it from iPhones, apple computers, and an appleTV. However the volume selected on any of the devices does not change the volume of the speaker. I cannot access WebUI through any web browser or through my iPhone app.

Ben

bcm #429452 05/13/18 03:18 PM
local
local
Hi Ben,

It seems like a call to the Axiom experts would be appropriate in this case. Please see if you can get to Ian for help on this.

Regards,

Mike

aabouganem #429453 05/14/18 01:27 AM
B
bcm Offline
regular
regular
B
Mike thanks so much for your help - I was just able to try another usb drive...success!! Factory reset complete, system updated, problems solved.

Regards,

Ben

Ian #429622 07/07/18 08:00 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By Ian
From there you can open a browser in either IE or Chrome and in the address bar enter 192.168.211.1 This will bring up the AxiomAir UI.

Just for the record, even when i can get connected to the Air successfully, this IP in a browser never works. I only ever get 'failed connection' or 'connection timed out' errors.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
chesseroo #429626 07/10/18 11:10 AM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
This is the IP address for the AxiomAir in Hotspot mode. Once on your network your router will assign a new IP address. The best way to get to the AxiomAir UI on a network is our Android App, our Apple App, or on a PC from File Explorer under Media Devices double click on the AxiomAir.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
Ian #430137 09/26/18 07:24 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By Ian
This is the IP address for the AxiomAir in Hotspot mode. Once on your network your router will assign a new IP address. The best way to get to the AxiomAir UI on a network is our Android App, our Apple App, or on a PC from File Explorer under Media Devices double click on the AxiomAir.

Incidentally my Air continues to be a problem on startup with this wifi connection.
I don't want to use the Air on my local wifi for playing music. Stay in hotspot mode and keep the analog connection turned on. It won't keep these settings. I updated the Air online to whatever latest version might exist, and it doesn't matter what i select for 'saving' or a checkbox in the app, the Air keeps going back to wifi searching mode on startup.

The last time the Air was used it was in it's own hotspot with analog mode activated. When it starts up it automatically goes back to trying a wifi connection with my router. I set my router to deny the Air any IP assignment. However, the Air continues to 'look' for the wifi (almost as if the Air won't give up trying to connect even thought the router is telling it no). As such, i can obviously never connect to the Air with the app from a tablet/phone because the Air is neither on my wifi, nor in its own hotspot mode so there is no IP address for the app or a browser to use.

The only way i can 'fix' this problem is to physically carry the Air out of my yard, out of the range of my router, then reboot and then it goes into its own hotspot mode and THEN i can finally use the app to connect with my tablet/phone and change it to analog.

Such a simple thing.
Retain the last known connection method that was set by the user (either local wifi or Air hotspot) and stay there!

I really hope these things are going to be fixed in the update. My daughter is really looking forward to an easier connection method (i.e. Bluetooth) for accessing the Air via the app more easily and for her friends to connect without needing an analog adapter. Some might say well why are they not using the wifi to play music directly? The simple answer is because they don't all have Apple products and i have scoured the Google Store for players that work easily and seamlessly from an Android unit to play music over wifi from the onboard stored material (this includes trying the ones recommended by Axiom such as BubbleUPnP). There were so many glitches or issues with one thing or another i'm not bothering to type them all down.
It is hell trying to get my own device to work so there's no way i'm going to try and troubleshoot some other kid's Android phone.

That aside, many of the kids like to play music directly from Youtube or Spotify, etc. and you cannot be connected via wifi to the Air at the same time as using local wifi for the internet connection.
With BT connected to the Air and wifi connected to a local source, this could be accomplished.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Andrew, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 740 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup