Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Reviving a Subwoofer from five year retirement
Cognoquest #429593 06/29/18 06:45 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Congrats, Cogno! keep us posted when you receive it.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Cognoquest #429597 06/29/18 08:36 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By Cognoquest
bridgman, it seems that I will have more flexibility than I originally thought for the positioning of the subwoofer

Congratulations on the new subwoofer. Axiom's wood finishes are really nice... although for what it's worth I have always leaned towards "natural" finish rather than stains. Depends on the wood though - oak is almost always stained, while pine looks better natural IMO.

Then again I'm a knotty pine kind of guy, so you may want to ignore my decorating suggestions smile

Good to hear you will have additional flexibility in placement - hopefully you won't need it, but being able to move one box around rather than your mains makes a huge difference in being able to fit into a room.

Note to self - I guess I should take some of my own advice and haul one of my subwoofers down to the living room so I am not stuck with the current placement - which is 100% driven by bass response under a cathedral ceiling.

When I put the mains where I wanted them from a room layout POV the result was almost zero bass... and all the bass ending up at one end of the second floor loft rather than down in the living room where the rest of the frequencies lived.

Last edited by bridgman; 06/29/18 08:40 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8
Cognoquest #430115 09/24/18 06:06 PM
C
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
C
Let me back up in time a little. The construction was a little longer than expected. I have received my Subwoofer about two month ago. I did not open the box knowing very well that it would have driven me mad not being able to use it. No I did not peak, talk about slow torture.

Driving home from work on Friday, good thing I was not biking that day, all exited knowing that this was the big weekend to connect all my gear and pull the Subwoofer out of its box. The skies are looking really, really dark, not good at all. It is starting to hail with heavy winds & rain. I arrive at home the power grid is flickering. I am calling for the Stereo/Subwoofer gods to spare me, please not this weekend. What I did not know at the time is that two hurricanes touched down a few kilometers from our home, ouch.

But the stereo/subwoofer gods must have listened? The storm subsided and our section of the electric grid survived, I was spared. I finally was able to connect, test, and tune my setup over the weekend. This subwoofer is unbelievable it gives me the impression that it can do anything effortless. On top, it is gorgeous piece of furniture, I was going to put it under one of our tables, forget that idea it is sitting between two of our family room chairs and my wife thinks it looks great. Man oh man this is an awesome Subwoofer, I am in heaven. Thank you to all for steering me in the right direction.

Cognoquest #430119 09/24/18 09:25 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Congratulations on the new subwoofer. I'm glad you were able to leave it out in the open - one less source of buzzing and rattling to figure out down the road.

You'll be surprised how many things in your room are able to buzz and rattle if you shake the room hard enough smile

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617