Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Honda Takes Pole Position at San Marino!
#43059 04/29/04 02:27 AM
veteran
veteran
BigWill -

I think you and I would hit it off nicely...I wouldn't have to do anything but say it, and most of my friends would believe it just to be on the safe side (seems that hyperbole is lost on most people these days - that or 140lb Scot/Irish guys are scary???).

^billy

videoslave
#43060 04/29/04 02:38 AM
veteran
veteran
Cool stuff.

So are you going to get to film the riots that are going to ensue this summer?

#43061 04/29/04 02:43 AM
veteran
veteran
I hope not...I've been secretly praying that no one gets the wise idea to send us into that mess. I doubt it'll happen since everyone was kind of tentative about even getting a press kit ready to send down with the Dept of Industry, Trade, Tourism.

^billy

videoslave
#43062 04/29/04 03:07 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I was just getting back here to recant that advice. Try a Nic patch or something. Cigars work well as big pacifiers, not much nicotine but the flavor is all there.

#43063 04/29/04 06:30 AM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
In reply to:

Our (the "video guys") main job is to provide training/marketing videos for QS clients

What do you shoot and edit? DV on Final Cut? Beta on AVID? 1/2" quad on linear?

Bren R.

#43064 04/29/04 12:05 PM
veteran
veteran
BrenR -

We have two Sony 790WS digibetacams and an oldie but goodie Sony 7 with a BetaSP back (forget the model) that doesn't get used much anymore...and an array of Fujinon lenses (and the essentials - lighting packages, cam support, grip gear, etc...probably a meduim sized production house worth of gear)

We have an AVID MC9000 (OS9 - no budget to upgrade yet) and an AVID MC Adrenaline (OSX) whith a half terabyte raid on each - both are fully digital (SDI) suites. Everything is onlined at 1:1. When we have to off-line, we use AVID DVexpress (OSX) on G4 Titaniums (it's a pain to dump to DV - but it works when the suites are full) - other than a few side weddings using FCP and borrowed DVcams, I've never really worked with DV or DVC.

We deliver on VHS or DVD. We have the Sonic DVD Fusion that encodes real-time from a Sony DVW-500A (SDI). This thing does a jam-up job on encodes.

Unlike most in the biz - our producers (me included) are basically jacks-of-all-trades with a strong specialty. We have a great LD, Cam operator, etc...but everyone performs everything if need be. I'm most utilized for editing, after effects, and still photog - resident editor, I guess you could say.

Normally, if you have a project, you'll write the script, hire a crew (usually, LD, grip, cam op) shoot 3-5 days and come back and post/finish. It's a rare type job in this business (as you know - especially as a staff position) and I enjoy it more than the days of freelancing.

^billy

Last edited by squirrelyz; 04/29/04 12:07 PM.

videoslave
#43065 04/29/04 12:17 PM
veteran
veteran
BigWill -

I've tried some cigars and didn't much care for the after taste (I know that sounds weird from someone who enjoys putting what my dad calls "worm dirt" in his mouth - but that was a while ago, maybe I'll try it again - he aslo likes the term "mouth-turd" - twisted yet loveable little bastard)

I've never tried the patch, but have given some thought to the gum - non-stop nicotine chewing.

Nonetheless, it's been three days now and no outburts, or blood-lettings. Manic behavior, inability to pay attention, overwhelming sense of anxiousness, and blabbing on and on about nothing have all seemed to increase ten fold, though.

I can live with that.

^billy

videoslave
#43066 04/29/04 12:32 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Hang in there, Billy.

I was a smoking junkie off and on all my life. First cigarette at 7, started regularly at 15 (never dipped though) I was so addicted there were times I was tempted to wrap my lips around the tailpipe of any car with a running engine.

I've been totally smoke free for 12 years now, and believe me it is well worth the suffering to get off any weed to which you are attached. I no longer have any physiological urge to light up, but I still remember the psychological pleasure it gave me, and I miss (though not urgently) the ritual.

Though I will NEVER go back again, when the doctor gives me the "you've got six months diagnosis," I'm goin' right out and buy a pack of Camels. Problem is, when they tell me the price of a pack, I'm gonna have a coronary on the spot and I won't even get the chance for my last cigarette. RATS!

You CAN do it.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#43067 04/29/04 12:41 PM
veteran
veteran
Ajax,

Thanks for the laugh...that was great. My grandfather started smoking around that age and I remember when he finally quit - what a mean bastard he was for a few months...then it was over.

Congratulations on 12 years, that's really fantastic. We share the same view - when I get that "six months to live" prognosis, I'm gonna make "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" look like a 4 year old's Christmas Play. Until then, we life-long single guys have to stay healthy and in shape.

^billy

videoslave
#43068 04/29/04 01:47 PM
axiomite
axiomite
In reply to:

"Until then, we life-long single guys have to stay healthy and in shape."

Amen! Can't attract all those lovely widows & divorcees unless we do!

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (BBIBH), 580 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup