Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 174 of 183 1 2 172 173 174 175 176 182 183
Re: What video games are you playing tonight?
terzaghi #430343 10/11/18 02:45 PM
axiomite
axiomite
My 13 yo wants to get into Overwatch. He's into Fortnite now.

I'm sticking to iOS games like Simpsons Tapped Out and Clash Royale.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
terzaghi #430344 10/11/18 04:52 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Clash Royale is my crack right now. I just do 2v2 anymore, but that is just because I win probably 95% of the time in 2v2 matches. Still makes it more challenging because you never know what your unknown "teammate" is going to do. I used to get annoyed by teammates quiting because their offensive push failed, but then I just use it as a challenge to see how long I can survive in a 1v2 situation.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
terzaghi #430346 10/12/18 01:12 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Hey Nick,

On the off chance we ever get paired together in 2v2, my handle is Epic Dog Brain.

I hover around 3800 trophies. Current deck is Mega Knight, Lumberjack, Wizard, Guards, Hog Rider, Bats, Zap, and The Log.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
terzaghi #430347 10/12/18 03:44 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I'm currently using what I call a "supporting deck." So many people have decks similar to what you do, so I have found some great combinations to use with those with some more "traditional" cards. Witch, Skeleton Army, Balloon, Fireball, Baby Dragon, Rage, Wizard, Goblin Barrel.

The Goblin Barrel I may switch out, but I use it a lot of time as a quick target to draw out logs, arrows, and fireballs and many times two at the same time, which make the skeletons a lot more effective against some pushes.

I like to time a Balloon, Baby Dragon, Rage push right after the opponents use up some elixir as I can usually give some solid damage. If my teammate throws a Hog Rider, or a splash damage card as well, it will usually take out a tower quickly and then serve some serious damage to the King Tower. If they happen to have a mirror card too, it is game over within seconds.

I have other decks that I play that are more popular right now, but the success that I've had with this deck for the past several months (unchanged) has been undeniable.

1v1 is a different story. LOL

My handle is Nickster

Farewell - June 4, 2020
terzaghi #438189 09/18/20 12:56 PM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
C
I built a new computer last year, so I've been trying to play more games to justify the expense. There's also the fact that there's been a ton of smoke in the air from the wildfires, so staying indoors is the thing to do. This last week or two I've been putting time into Control and Halo: The Master Chief Collection. I played a fair amount of the Halo games back in the day, so it's nice to play through again, this time with updated graphics (4K FTW). Control looks cool and plays well. Playing both games drives home the fact that I'm out of practice, and I don't want to put the time in to master the controls. Doing the Easy difficulty just to get through them.

terzaghi #438576 10/05/20 04:39 AM
C
CV Offline
C
Star Wars: Squadrons is pretty fun, but it got off to an annoying start. It didn't like my 4K resolution at first, so I couldn't see the menu at all to do anything. I had to change the resolution to 1920x1080 first, then go in and change settings in the game. Then there was a lot of screen tearing. I wasn't optimistic about V-Sync working after reading that other people weren't having satisfactory results even with it enabled, but thankfully it seemed to fix things for me.

After dealing with that, getting into the game is pretty easy, though I'm already forgetting what buttons do what. I'll have to practice a little more. I'm impressed with the visuals. I haven't done any space combat games in forever, but still, this is as pretty as I've seen, while still giving you nostalgia for the old X-Wing and TIE Fighter games. I'm hoping they put in the work to fix the technical issues people are having. It sounds like the best way to experience it is in VR with HOTAS controls, but it's far from working perfectly for everyone. I'm on the list to get a Valve Index, mainly so I can play Half-Life: Alyx, but that much investment means I need other good games to justify it, so it would be a nice bonus. HOTAS controllers seem to be in short supply during COVID times. But I'm good with waiting for one that's compatible with both PC and the new Xbox Series X.

Since it's a $40 game, they can get away with it not being terribly deep. The story doesn't seem all that engaging, but it's enough to hold it together. I think most people will be wanting it for the multiplayer. I'm not on that list, but I can see some friends really getting into it.

terzaghi #438589 10/05/20 09:31 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I gotten into the YAKUZA games at the moment Yakuza0 {zero}. Awesome funny surprising twists all over. With tons of stuff to do?
Got it for 70% off been playing for about a week or two straight.

brendo #439094 10/15/20 10:19 AM
C
CV Offline
C
Originally Posted by brendo
I gotten into the YAKUZA games at the moment Yakuza0 {zero}.

Thanks for the heads-up. Only $5 on Steam made it a no-brainer. I don't know when I'll make time for it, but it sounds well worth trying out.

A couple months back I signed up for the waiting list to get a Valve Index VR kit, which I mentioned in my last post in the thread. Production finally caught up to my place in line, and it arrived today. Holy crap. This is my first foray into VR, so I don't know how far it's come, but now I know what people mean when they say immersion. I'm still adjusting the headset and controllers a bit, but I'm already impressed with the gameplay in Half-Life: Alyx. You don't get smooth movement through the world like in a normal first person game. Instead, you use a thumbstick to designate where your character "jumps" to. That part will take a little getting used to. And I'm glad they give you time to practice basic movements at the top of the game. I'm still getting the hang of using the gravity gloves to pull items toward myself and catch them. I was just starting to feel comfortable with it when I decided to call it a night. Oh, and I was also impressed with the sound out of the headset's speakers, which hover beside your ears. The setup costs a pretty penny, and it requires a computer, but I'm liking where it's headed. They're further along than I thought they'd be.

terzaghi #439105 10/15/20 09:16 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Cool sounds like a really neat experience. After a little bit you'll get the controls easier. It always takes a little getting used to.

CV #439122 10/16/20 08:29 AM
C
CV Offline
C
Originally Posted by CV
I'm still adjusting the headset and controllers a bit, but I'm already impressed with the gameplay in Half-Life: Alyx. You don't get smooth movement through the world like in a normal first person game. Instead, you use a thumbstick to designate where your character "jumps" to.

Ahh, they built three different ways to move through the environment, and I have had it on the default Blink teleport option. I should try the other two to see if I have a preference.

Half-Life: Alyx's movement system was changed because tall testers kept getting stuck (PC Gamer)

Page 174 of 183 1 2 172 173 174 175 176 182 183

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 740 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup