Rate Thread
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
Re: AxiomAir System Version 2.08
Ian #430684 12/13/18 09:59 PM
S
frequent flier
frequent flier
S
I upgraded to 2.09. I have done a few hours of testing and all is good so far.
BubbleUPnP is working now.
The JRiver volume issue I described earlier is fixed too.

Nice work. Thanks.

Ian #430696 12/15/18 05:25 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Very nice.
I'll try upgrading to 2.08 then 2.09 in the next few weeks.

It might be nice to have a webpage linked from the Air mainpage for all the updates in order in case people want to actually go back to previous versions no?
It might also be a good idea to put the update instructions on this page with other notes about the versions and bug fixes in each, or at least the couple of 'known' working versions.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Ian #430702 12/15/18 08:10 PM
frequent flier
frequent flier
Tried doing this and not able to connect to AA now. initially did it with all USBs removed as directed (inbcluding the supplied wifi one) and plugged it in after the 10 minutes and not able to connect. Turned unit off but left the wifi USB plugged in and tried again- still cannot connect. Blue light is on, wifi USB is flashing blue. No AA showing up in computer's Wifi connections available

Timmeh #430706 12/16/18 11:31 AM
Ian Offline OP
President
connoisseur
OP Offline
President
connoisseur
Hi Timmeh,

It sounds like your AxiomAir is about half way through the process. With your AxiomAir plugged into your router with an Ethernet cable you should be able to get to the UI through File Explorer on your PC. Click on Network on the left side, then on the right side your AxiomAir should be under Media Devices, double click on it to open the UI. Click the gear then under System you can check that you are on v2.08. If you are then plug only your WiFi dongle into the USB port on your on your AxiomAir, then click on Delete User Data and Yes to reboot. Wait for 10 minutes and then go to the gear and Network and put your AxiomAir back on your network. Now you should be able to remove the Ethernet cable and reboot your AxiomAir.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
Ian #430710 12/16/18 10:56 PM
frequent flier
frequent flier
Ah gotcha. I will try that! Thanks.

Ian #430722 12/17/18 10:36 PM
frequent flier
frequent flier
Hello- I connected the AA to my router and using a different computer connecting wirelessly, I opened the Network.

On the right the AA is listed under Computer and under Media Devices as AxiomAir Default. When double click the icon listed under Computer, it just allows me to access the folder that I copied the files onto. When I double click the option under Media Devices, it does not open a UI. It just opens a Properties window, this is after turning the speaker on with only the data USB plugged in and allowing it to sit for 40 minutes.

Edit- I saw that in the properties window, there was an IP address listed so I copy and pasted it into my browser and was able to see my AA. So I deleted the user data and allowed it to restart. I then entered the wireless password into the Network folder in the AA UI and unplugged the Ethernet cable and the USB data stick with the files. The only USB plugged in now is the wireless one. Now there is just a spinning circle on the screen and the AA is unresponsive for me to do the final step advised (restarting it).

Please advise

Last edited by Timmeh; 12/17/18 10:57 PM.
Timmeh #430723 12/17/18 10:54 PM
Ian Offline OP
President
connoisseur
OP Offline
President
connoisseur
Hi Timmeh,

The only dongle you should have plugged in is the WiFi dongle. Can you try this again without the data USB plugged in? If that still does not work I would suggest deleting the files on the data USB drive, reformatting the USB drive, and then loading the files on again. After this you can try booting with the data USB only and the Ethernet cable plugged in. Then after 10 minutes remove the data USB drive and see if you can get to the UI from File Explorer to verify you are on v2.08. If you can then Delete User Data, click Yes to reboot and wait another 10 minutes. After this you should be able to access the UI from File Explorer again and put your AxiomAir on your network. Then unplug the Ethernet cable and reboot.

Ian Colquhoun
Ian #430724 12/17/18 10:56 PM
frequent flier
frequent flier
See edited post above- sorry, I was posting it at same time as you probably.. I seem to have gotten most of the way to the end....

Now the blue light is flashing , as is the blue light in the USB dongle.

Last edited by Timmeh; 12/17/18 10:58 PM.
Ian #430727 12/18/18 01:20 AM
frequent flier
frequent flier
I powered the AA down and back up again. The blue light is solid now, and was able to connect in my browser. Put my USB in that had music on it, and found it through the UI. Started playing a song. Went to Playback UI and everything was unresponsive. The song was playing and the UI still had the "Play" arrow, rather than the "Pause" || symbol you usually see when a song is playing in a media player. Couldn't adjust volume, pause, delete from playlist. Nothing. Then everything froze and the song stopped- so maybe super laggy response to my inputs? Tried again with another song and it seemed to work like normal but still pretty slow in its responsiveness.

So from what I can tell, it's all working again. I seem to be able to connect to various radio stations in the Browse menu but they can cut out very badly like the signal isn't coming through. I don't have a Bluetooth Dongle to test with it.

I don't see any listing for Spotify though. How do you use it with the AA?

I'm also not seeing it coming up as a wifi signal for me to connect to it on my iphone, but I can Airdrop to it. I haven't used it camping for a while and I can't remember if I used Airdrop or found it in my list of wifi connections. At any rate, I cannot use it to play music from my phone because playback is so choppy, it sounds like I'm trying to pull in a radio station from 1000 miles away. Doesn't matter if I'm using a music app or actual songs on the phone. So, that really needs to be fixed....

So, overall my experience with this update has been poor. The directions really need to be fleshed out on how to do it, because it seems like there is no "one way" to do it and a lot of troubleshooting is necessary. Also, I can't really use it any more for about 99% of the music I listen to.

Last edited by Timmeh; 12/18/18 01:40 AM.
Timmeh #430728 12/18/18 01:53 AM
Ian Offline OP
President
connoisseur
OP Offline
President
connoisseur
Hi Timmeh,

What system version do you show in the UI? If it is v2.08 could you try clicking on the Delete User Data button and the Yes to reboot.

Ian Colquhoun
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Moderated by  Andrew, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (BBIBH), 580 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup