Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Which center speaker??
exlabdriver #431199 02/04/19 10:08 PM
Jc Offline
aficionado
aficionado
I have been using dual VP180 center speaker model (one above and one below my rather large screen 151" diag.) since the introduction of the model. I could not be happier with their performance. They really anchor the sound right in the center of the image.

jc
Slimpikins #431200 02/04/19 11:27 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Gene is a doofus. He and his "marketing guy" are ridiculous, and yet so many people in the world think that they are awesome. Gene has made claims that he "discovered" tech and that he "created" better designs, etc.

Heck, I was researching MiniDSP, which has been around for a long time, yet in my searching a video of his came up and his marketing guy talks about how Gene "discovered" MiniDSP. Seriously? Enthusists have been using MiniDSP products for years before Gene's great discovery.

The real sad thing is that Gene gets treated like royalty at places like CEDIA with private demos, etc. The guy reeks of used car saleman and a know it all.

I am NOT saying that the guy isn't knowledgeable, but his own personal biases are what turn me off to him. Always acting like HE is the best and giving a lot of bad advice. Heck I remember when he said that ALL Atmos was stupid (and his minion marketing guy agreed of course) as they laughed it up in a video about how stupid it was to go above 7.1. Later they changed that to be just Atmos Enabled speakers (the ones that bounce off the ceiling), but they have a personal bias too about DTS:X vs. Atmos when they are virtually the same thing, yet one is stupid and the other is amazing.

Plus they are like bad actors in a Lifetime movie. Robotically reading their scripts and fake laughing.

Anyway, rant over.

That said, I had a dual center channel. I think that I even have a photo of it. It was back around 1998. I had dual centers, front wides, and 2 rear channels (as well as side surrounds, front L/R) a 2nd sub under my 3 row riser. I guess that *I* invented a 10.2 setup back in the late 90s LOL.

Honestly, I don't recall if it was any good compared to today's standards, but the sound in that room was quite impressive in its day.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
Slimpikins #431211 02/05/19 10:49 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Yeah.... As much chemistry on camera as Jon Claude and Dennis Rodman.

I like their "best of" lists. Just the flagship of every brand in every category......

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters