Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: M3 In-Ceiling Aimable Tweeter
hhiggins #432081 05/04/19 09:52 PM
H
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
H
I haven’t heard of anything yet. Probably won’t until Monday. Will update the thread when I get a response.

M5HPv4 In-wall LCRs
M2v4 In-Wall Rears
M3v4 In-Ceiling Atmos
Yamaha RX-A3070
hhiggins #432082 05/04/19 09:59 PM
P
old hand
old hand
P
I actually got in touch with Ian. Sounds like the in-celing will work for atmos, but better off with in-wall mounted in-ceiling. I did not ask about a poinable tweeter.

My question:

My intent for the four in-ceilings was to use them for Atmos.

I was just about to order this and I stumbled across a post in your forums where some said you had indicated the in-ceilings are not very good for Atmos because they do not image well due to the driver being behind the flange?

Can you comment further on this? If true, how about the M3 in-wall mounted in the ceiling?

Ian’s response:

Hi , The M3 in-wall will be superior no matter the application because of the drivers being slightly in-front of the plane. The comment about Atmos is not quite correct however, I mentioned that for Atoms the in-ceiling would be less of a compromise because they are only handling effects. Thanks Ian
Axiom Audio

pheare #432083 05/04/19 10:09 PM
D
regular
regular
D
If that's the case would in-wall M5HP's be over kill for Atmos celling? I have 4 of them for my surrounds.

Originally Posted By pheare
I actually got in touch with Ian. Sounds like the in-celing will work for atmos, but better off with in-wall mounted in-ceiling. I did not ask about a poinable tweeter.

My question:

I was just about to order this and I stumbled across a post in your forums where some said you had indicated the in-ceilings are not very good for Atmos because they do not image well due to the driver being behind the flange?

Can you comment further on this? If true, how about the M3 in-wall mounted in the ceiling?

Ian’s response:

Hi , The M3 in-wall will be superior no matter the application because of the drivers being slightly in-front of the plane. The comment about Atmos is not quite correct however, I mentioned that for Atoms the in-ceiling would be less of a compromise because they are only handling effects. Thanks Ian
Axiom Audio

Last edited by Defined_Images; 05/04/19 10:23 PM.
hhiggins #432084 05/04/19 10:11 PM
M
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
M
You'll love the M5s.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated
pheare #432085 05/04/19 10:12 PM
H
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
H

My question:

Ian’s response:

Axiom Audio

Thanks, but my specific question on this thread is the aimable question. In wall speakers are a no-go for me.

M5HPv4 In-wall LCRs
M2v4 In-Wall Rears
M3v4 In-Ceiling Atmos
Yamaha RX-A3070
hhiggins #432086 05/04/19 10:13 PM
local
local
If your ceiling is low (<8 feet) and/or aesthetics are a concern, the M3 in-ceiling is the way to go.

In-wall M3s into the ceiling, and somehow angled towards MLP, would be better.

If you want the absolute best, full-cabinet speakers, somehow mounted to the ceiling and pointed towards MLP are the way to go.

I'm perfectly happy with my 4 in-ceilings, which are far better than the bounced Atmos effect speakers any day of the week.

Axiom M5HP VP160 M3 ADA1000
Anthem MRX 720
SVS SB-3000 (dual)
hhiggins #432087 05/04/19 10:40 PM
P
old hand
old hand
P
Originally Posted By hhiggins
[
Thanks, but my specific question on this thread is the aimable question. In wall speakers are a no-go for me.

Ya, fair enough. Got a little derailed. If you have the in-ceiling m3’s like you say in your original post, can’t you just look and see if it is amiable?

bman84 #432088 05/04/19 10:46 PM
P
old hand
old hand
P
Originally Posted By bman84
If your ceiling is low (<8 feet) and/or aesthetics are a concern, the M3 in-ceiling is the way to go.

In-wall M3s into the ceiling, and somehow angled towards MLP, would be better.

If you want the absolute best, full-cabinet speakers, somehow mounted to the ceiling and pointed towards MLP are the way to go.

I'm perfectly happy with my 4 in-ceilings, which are far better than the bounced Atmos effect speakers any day of the week.

Given the way they mount, not sure how you could angle an in-wall (or in-ceiling).

Since my ceiling has room for either in-celing or in-wall and given they are the same price, I had might as well go in-wall in my ceiling.

My joists run front to back, so the speakers would be mounted length wise in relation to the MLP. Should I mount them so the tweeters are closest to the MLP or so the woofer are? Or should they all be mounted in the same orientation?

Last edited by pheare; 05/04/19 10:48 PM.
hhiggins #432089 05/04/19 10:46 PM
local
local
Originally Posted By hhiggins

My question:

Ian’s response:

Axiom Audio

Did you see my earlier post with pic? The tweeter is aimable, but only slightly (maybe 10 to 15 degrees).

Axiom M5HP VP160 M3 ADA1000
Anthem MRX 720
SVS SB-3000 (dual)
hhiggins #432090 05/04/19 10:49 PM
P
old hand
old hand
P
Your pic did not work for me. Says the album is empty.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters