MarkSJohnson #430800 12/28/18 07:01 PM
Ian Offline OP
President
connoisseur
OP Offline
President
connoisseur
Hi Mark,

I would suggest doing an Update to v1.363 before doing the USB update. Do you have your AxiomAir on your network?

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
Re: AxiomAir System Version 2.08
Shawzy44 #430801 12/28/18 10:33 PM
Ian Offline OP
President
connoisseur
OP Offline
President
connoisseur
Hi Shawzy44,

I have tried to replicate the noise but no luck. I can go back and forth between the original v1.363 and the new v2.09 without any change in background noise. I am using wireless mics; I have not tried wired mics yet but they should be less likely to have noise. Are you using wired or wireless?

Volume issues with the new version would normally mean the User Data did not get deleted. Can you try doing this step again by going to Gear, System, Delete User Data and then click yes to reboot your AxiomAir.

Ian Colquhoun
Ian #430803 12/28/18 11:56 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi Ian,

The feedback issue occurs whenever the system is on. I am not even using the karaoke function. I have swaped power packs and move the unit around the house to different outlets. I have a 2nd axiom air and have tested it in the same locations and no issues.

I have deleted and reloaded the firmware twice. Also deleted user data and restarted.

I can try deleting user data again and see.

Regards,

Shawzy44

M80 V3 | VP150 | EP125 | Denon 2809ci | Emotiva XPA-3 | 2 x AxiomAir N3 |
Ian #430844 01/03/19 06:52 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Alright, so a couple of notes after the 2.09 upgrade which couldn't come any sooner as once again the Air (on older firmware) went bizarre on me last night and i could not get anyone's phone to connect to it (would not bring up the UI even though it looked like it was connected by wifi to the devices).

Following the update to 2.09 today, finally by deleting the user data, my Air no longer tries to get connected to my home router and get into a stuck mode where i could not access it short of powering down and taking the Air beyond the range of my home router before starting it up.
That's a plus and a big fix for me.

Now, it took a bit of jiggering, but finally i've got BubbleUPNP (free version) recognizing the Axiom as a renderer. However, i needed to turn off my cellular data to get it to function. At home, the phone defaults to home wifi. When that goes off, it defaults to cellular service. When i switch my wifi to the active AxiomAir, it connects to the Air BUT, unless i turn off the cellular data, Bubble won't recognize the Axiom as a renderer.
Even after turning off the cellular connection, it took a number of restarts of Bubble to 'come around'. Perhaps it wasn't closing out or some background procedure was taking longer to close out than expected. I will continue to test out this working method a few times to be sure that is what needs to be done to get the Air and Bubble working together on this Google Pixel 2 (Android).
Related to that point, i might have to consider getting the paid version of Bubble since some of its limitations i think are part of my problems with trying to setup playlists or find music or search by folder, etc.
ADDED NOTE: I also needed to turn off the cellular connection with the Apple iPhone or the UI would not connect. It popped up a window with the UI asking to login. There is of course no login, but if i canceled this window or used the home button to try and get to the music player, the iPhone would get bumped off the Air hotspot and go back to my home wifi.
With the cellular data turned off i got a baloon popup that asked if i wanted to continue using the Axiom network without internet and selecting yes then finally put the iPhone into its usual mode with the Air.
Bottom line, cellular data needs to be off on the phones when connecting to the Air or it won't work.

Second glitch, the Axiom app no longer connects to the Air. It is a complete bust.
I have no problem getting the user interface through a browser though.
Ian, is the Axiom app no longer needed? No longer functioning? Browser only access to the UI? Is it being updated or should i just uninstall it now and not bother with it at all?

Third, one MAJOR thing that i noticed was absent from the UI was the ability to limit the maximum volume. I REALLY need this one back. The kids crank the Air to 100% in the locker room and i've observed some very audible distortion when volume is maxed out. For most songs, i found that limiting the Air to 90% was acceptable and feel better that the kids won't blow the drivers under these conditions.
Can that volume limiter feature be brought back in?

Lastly, i have yet to get a Bluetooth dongle to test out that aspect, but will do so in the next few weeks and provide more input on its success or issues with connectivity. I will also test out the switching between different people's devices to test it's ability to do so smoothly. There's nothing more annoying than taking 20 minutes to get a person onto the unit and first having to get someone else off their connection because there is no master control to boot someone's device once connected.

Last edited by chesseroo; 01/03/19 07:24 PM. Reason: added note

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
chesseroo #430845 01/03/19 07:31 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By chesseroo

ADDED NOTE: I also needed to turn off the cellular connection with the Apple iPhone or the UI would not connect. It popped up a window with the UI asking to login. There is of course no login, but if i canceled this window or used the home button to try and get to the music player, the iPhone would get bumped off the Air hotspot and go back to my home wifi.
With the cellular data turned off i got a baloon popup that asked if i wanted to continue using the Axiom network without internet and selecting yes then finally put the iPhone into its usual mode with the Air.
Bottom line, cellular data needs to be off on the phones when connecting to the Air or it won't work.

Alright, so rebooting the Air and starting from scratch with the iPhone, the previous method no longer works to connect.
Under the iPhone network the AxiomAir it not listed as a hotspot but rather only as a new Airplay speaker. I have no options to connect to the Air as its own wifi and selecting the new Aiplay speaker setup tries to setup the Air on my home wifi which is not what we are trying to do.
I have no idea where to go from here.

Have i mentioned how much i hate Apple?

So now the kids cannot play the Air at home at all.
I can only hope that when we're out of range of the home wifi that the Axiom Air will show up as a wifi spot and not an Airplay speaker so they can still use it at the rink, until i get that damn Bluetooth dongle...

Last edited by chesseroo; 01/03/19 07:49 PM.

linkstatic #430849 01/05/19 01:02 AM
L
frequent flier
frequent flier
L
Originally Posted By linkstatic
Also, from the app I used to be able to switch control from one AA to another by clicking on the AA image on the bottom of the screen. Now, when I do that I get the "spinning circle of death" and never get connected. It is very difficult to control AAs from the app if you cannot switch from one to another.

Had the same issue with the app not working. You could not switch between one AA and another, and the multi-room capability would not work.

Re: AxiomAir System Version 2.08 (now 2.09)
Ian #430850 01/05/19 03:11 AM
axiomite
axiomite
The app definitely seems toast.
However connecting from one of two locations, either through the browser with the Air IP (works great) or from the startup connection.

When i connect to the Air via Android, it brings me to a 'login' page, even though there is no login. It brings up the Air UI and i can use it directly without doing anything else. There is an option on this login page to "use this network as is" which refers to the fact the network doesn't have internet access (again as mentioned i need to have my cellular data off or i do not get this login page).

Unfortunately after fiddling with the Air tonight with the iPhones, we are stuck on the issue noted earlier. The Air shows up as an Airplay speaker waiting to be setup but not as a wifi point.
The only thing i haven't tried is deleting the user data in the Air but that was already all done the day of the updates to 2.09.

chesseroo #430857 01/05/19 08:50 PM
Ian Offline OP
President
connoisseur
OP Offline
President
connoisseur
Hi Chesseroo,

Apple will only ask you about putting the AirPlay speaker on your network once. You can go ahead and do that, then open the AxiomAir App, click on the gear, click on Network, then connect to your network again but put a bogus password in. This will cause the AxiomAir to go back to Hotspot and forget your home network going forward.

I do not have any problem opening the UI with the Apple or Android Apps. I would suggest that before you do the failing of the password, do an Update while your AxiomAir is still on your network. We are on Version 2.09 now.

I will have the max volume feature put back in. It will come with a future update.

Your phone does not want to be on two networks at the same time so shutting off the cell network when using the Hotspot is a good plan or you will be dropping the Hotspot all the time. You also do not want to use the Hotspot when you are around a network your phone has the credentials for or it will always keep defaulting back to the network that is on the internet.

Last edited by Ian; 01/05/19 08:53 PM.

Ian Colquhoun
linkstatic #430858 01/05/19 09:00 PM
Ian Offline OP
President
connoisseur
OP Offline
President
connoisseur
Hi linkstatic,

I am not having any problem switching between the various AxiomAirs around my place from either the Android or Apple Apps. I would suggest closing the App, rebooting your AxiomAirs, then reopening the App. The App finds the IP address for your AxiomAirs on your network and it may have some old ones in its cache.

Ian Colquhoun
Ian #430883 01/06/19 06:06 PM
axiomite
axiomite
This is great.
Thanks Ian.
I hope all this gets put into the new user manual.

Originally Posted By Ian
Hi Chesseroo,

Apple will only ask you about putting the AirPlay speaker on your network once. You can go ahead and do that, then open the AxiomAir App, click on the gear, click on Network, then connect to your network again but put a bogus password in. This will cause the AxiomAir to go back to Hotspot and forget your home network going forward.
Your phone does not want to be on two networks at the same time so shutting off the cell network when using the Hotspot is a good plan or you will be dropping the Hotspot all the time. You also do not want to use the Hotspot when you are around a network your phone has the credentials for or it will always keep defaulting back to the network that is on the internet.

I got all that done. The iPhone now easily connects to the Air via the app and via the wifi settings.
The weird part is i'm having trouble getting the Android now to have Bubble consistently recognize the Air as a renderer especially when switching between control with the iPhone and Android. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.
If i reboot both the Android phone and the Air, i can get control again. It's weird because the Android phone can connect to the Air via wifi settings, yet Bubble just doesn't see it as a renderer.
One thing i have yet to test a few times to be sure this method works 100% is a very specific setup procedure that seemed to work smoothly after the reboot.

1) Find Axiom Air on the wifi settings in Android (i'm using a Pixel 2 so it may be possible this is specific to the Google product and not all Android phones).
2) Connect BUT do not open the popup tab that asks for a login. Just ignore this.
3) Open the Air UI in the app or in a browser if needed.
4) Make sure the unit is not set to analog input.
5) Now open BubbleUPNP and see if the Air is listed as a renderer.

Quote:

I will have the max volume feature put back in. It will come with a future update.

This is fantastic.
Really a necessary feature to keep guests/kids from putting it into a distortion level of volume. I had it kicked up to 100% the other day for a few seconds and the Air was rumbling itself off my table.

Last edited by chesseroo; 01/06/19 06:07 PM.

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderated by  Andrew, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020