Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Acoustical transparent projection screen
#432599 06/16/19 08:23 PM
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
I have enjoyed for many years now a home theater set up which included several difference projectors and solid projection screens. On my next home theater project I would be considering the possibility of going with a Acoustical transparent screen. I have the ability of checking out such a screen and will do so at the appropriate time. At this time I'm looking for impressions both visually and on the audio fidelity side as well. If you have experience with both of the projection screens then please let me know you're thoughts.

With out Jesus Christ there can be no Redemption or Salvation.
Re: Acoustical transparent projection screen
Gary Vose Sr #432600 06/17/19 12:26 AM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
I've had Seymour XD for years now. My front speakers are all behind the screen and I've never had issues with sound quality or loss there off.
There can be image issues if you sit too close, you can see the weave if you're looking for it at around a 8-9' viewing distance.
Their new screen comes on a smaller roll but I'm still thinking it'll be my next AT screen.

brwsaw #432608 06/17/19 07:18 PM
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
Thank you for your response, what you have stated is pretty much what I've read doing my google searches.Sitting back at least 10 ft. is a minimum on most AT screen. The audio quality thru a woven screen receives high praise. Some have stated that being able to locate the speakers from behind such a screen and projecting the audio through it is more beneficial than the slight visual lose in the picture. The visual lose being a softened image at the normal sitting distance viewing a AT screen verses a solid screen material. Would you agree with this opinion. Also how sharp is your image at your normal sitting distance.

With out Jesus Christ there can be no Redemption or Salvation.
Gary Vose Sr #432623 06/18/19 04:50 AM
axiomite
axiomite
I too have Seymour XD and it is great. 138" at about 10 feet away. If you are concerned at all about seeing the weave, they also have a finer weave material that is more designed for 4K capability, but you can get within a couple of feet and not see the weave at all with a projected image.

That being said, it is super crisp with a 1080P image from 10 feet. Closer than that you will see the weave with super bright white parts of an image before you will see any noticeable softening of the image.

Before I went with the Seymour XD, I had samples from several screen manufacturers with both AT and non-AT materials. The biggest difference, and really only noticeable difference in image was the non-AT materials had more potential gain in the screen material. If you have a good projector though, that won't be a big deal.

Farewell - June 4, 2020

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (Kevin1), 352 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup