|#435156 - 01/09/20 03:00 PM Axiom Air won't start after 2.12.2|
I was on 2.12.1 and saw there was an update to 2.12.2 . Tried upgrading and the axiom never makes it to the xylophone sounds. Looks like i need to reflash. Can someone post a link to the 2.12.2 release so I can etch it?
BTW, this seems to be a pattern. After a successful initial upgrade, the next upgrade attempt always fails. Maybe I am not suppose to do this back to back and there is a period I need to wait before updating again? If this is true, I'd love to know what the period is so I don't do back to back updates but wait the recommended period.
Edited by elsewhere (01/09/20 03:00 PM)
|#435286 - 01/16/20 02:01 AM Re: Axiom Air won't start after 2.12.2 [Re: elsewhere]|
Below are the instructions for a reflash to 2.12.2
I would try doing an extra reboot between updates and refresh your browser or close and reopen the App between each Update.
For reflashing your SD card here are the steps:
1. Download the card flash software here www.etcher.io
2. Download this link That would be https://axiom-air-install-files.s3.amazo...2-19-pi.img.zip
3. Shut down your AxiomAir
4. Remove all dongles from the USB ports
5. Remove the large bottom door from your AxiomAir
6. Remove the SD Card from the Micro Computer mounted to this door
7. Plug the SD card into your computer
8. In Etcher select the download above where it says Select Image
9. In Etcher select the drive with the SD card in it for Select Drive (it is likely Etcher will find it for you)
10. In Etcher hit Flash
11. After it is downloaded reinstall the SD Card in your AxiomAir and put the door back on
12. Plug an Ethernet cable into your AxiomAir
13. Turn on your AxiomAir
14. You will get a loud “Quality Control Passed” (v2 products only) followed by the xylophone
15. Wait for 30 seconds after the xylophone
16. Open the AxiomAir App and tap the gear in the upper right, then System, and verify you are on Version 2.12.2
17. Tap the gear again and then Network. About half way down the page you will see your home network listed (if you see both a 5g and a regular one, choose the regular one), then tap the connect icon beside your network. You will be prompted to enter your home network password, after it is entered hit the connect icon beside your password
18. Shut down your AxiomAir
19. Unplug the Ethernet cable
20. Turn your AxiomAir back on
21. Verify the AxiomAir UI resolves. If not shutdown your AxiomAir plug in the WiFi dongle and turn it back on.
22. If you would like to use Bluetooth plug in a 4.0 Bluetooth Dongle to any of the USB ports.
23. You are now able to use the Update button on the System page to get the latest version as they become available
President & Chief Engineer