Print Thread
Rate Thread
SUCCESS!!!!!
#4366 07/15/02 05:14 PM
colesy Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
Finally got my new speakers from Marc at Audioshop. Just a few things about Marc. He was invaluable when it came to deciding to make my purchase. I e-mailed him about a billion questions before (and after) my purchase and he reponded to every one of them almost immediately. I also talked to him on the phone and he was extremely patient with my newbie questions. I decided to purchase the Axiom M50ti towers, VP150 center and the QS4 surrounds. I also purchased the stands from Axiom for the QS4s.

The speakers arrived in 2 days after my purchase. All speakers were double boxed and arrived in great shape. I ordered them all in black (wife's choice) and man are they beautiful speakers. I hooked them up and was a tad nervous because I had not auditioned them prior to buying. But talking to Marc and the hours I spent researching these speakers gave me some comfort. My current receiver (awaiting the Denon 3802 due to arrive mid week) is a low end Sony and I was concerned about the amp not being able to power the speakers. Marc talked with me extensively and gave me some guidelines in order to prevent any damage. To make a long story longer the first movie I watched was the Fifth Element Superbit. Let me tell ya, these speakers are absolutely awesome! The soundstage was perfectly seamless (unlike my old crappy Bose system) and even at lower volumes the dialog was crystal clear. I think the thing that was most noticeable was the musical score. The background music during the movie was fantastic!

I realize this is a lengthy post but I feel that I owe it to Marc as well as the people that gave me some guidance on this forum. If anyone in the US hasn't been able to hear anything from Axiom and has any questions, feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks again Marc. YOU ROCK!

Jason Cole

Re: SUCCESS!!!!!
#4367 07/15/02 09:55 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Glad to hear you enjoy the speakers as much as your shopping experience.
Already i'm looking forward to my next equipment change even though i've just finished buying new stuff 2 weeks ago.

I would recommend giving those speakers a good solid testing to listen for anything abnormal after they are all setup. There is nothing more distressing than hearing those brand new speakers with some kind of distorted hum or buzz. One never knows if a wire or a part may come loose during shipping.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters