M
Mojo Offline OP
shareholder in the making
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by bridgman
OP = Original Poster = Mojo

I don't *think* Mojo intended his post the way Craig interpreted it, but there was a strong "last straw" tone to Craig's post aimed at Canadians in general.

The thought of claiming any kind of moral superiority or finger-wagging never even entered my mind. My friends, family and I were trying to figure out what was going on. We became very concerned about events spiraling out of control.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated
Re: It's burning!!!
Mojo #437005 06/01/20 08:57 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Lol. Yer like the smally kid that doesnt know he’s smelly. laugh

Just jokin’.

Good deal on his used products though. Not far from you, Nick. Well, 10hr drive. Uhaul?!

1 member likes this: Mojo
2x6spds #437009 06/01/20 09:48 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted by 2x6spds
I don't know exactly what happened here. I read this entire thread, again, and don't get it.

Is the post which triggered Craig still up? I saw his LFR1100 Actives for sale on Audiomart. This is not right.

Perhaps Ian can reach out to him.

PS who is OP?
I dont think any of us really understands what happened here.

OP is the Original Poster, in this case Mojo. There were several posts in the recent past where Craig seemingly was not pleased with Mojo's comments. While I have accused Mojo of "hyperbole", nothing he said was offensive - in my opinion.

It will be interesting to see if Ian publishes the review Craig recently commented on. mentioning that he had provided it to Ian and Andrew.

Mojo #437010 06/01/20 10:07 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I just hope we can put out this fire and get Craig back in the family.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
Mojo #437011 06/01/20 10:10 PM
M
Mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I have never said anything negative about Craig publicly or privately. I have never thought anything ill of him either. In fact, I have always praised him and have credited his knowledge and advice for my moving to v4.

My friends and family know of Craig from my talks about him. Out of respect for Craig, I will not be mentioning any of this to them.

It is OK with me if others think I am nuts for my descriptive narrations. I can understand how someone may not perceive sound the way I do. And they may not want to be critical. Or can't be critical for whatever reason. I have realized my critical nature is how I am and I would not have it any other way. I have put that talent to work in my profession and it has saved embarrassment, maybe lives and has resulted in "beautiful" products that are talked about in an industry where no one cares about beauty.

I've also been thanked for the numerous tips I've given and showing listeners there is a world of stereo reproduction they've never known about. While the vast majority of us on this board wouldn't consider my knowledge anything special, it is considered rather unique knowledge to those who aren't into audio.

I've also had detractors as you can see in this thread. I can't apologize for being passionate about audio and finally having discovered what it's really supposed to sound and feel like.

House of the Rising Sone
Mojo #437012 06/01/20 10:46 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I've had some PMs just a little while back with Craig about the exact thing that was driving him to this point.

I've been trying to keep my mouth shut as much as possible because as much as I don't see eye-to-eye with Mojo, I also don't think self-banishment is good either and I don't want to start a he-said, she-said debate.

Just know that Craig was on a similar page as me and just had enough. It isn't one singular post that caused him to do this, but has taken a toll over time. He won't be back, but I will happily eat those words if he is.

As for me, I just have tried to have a live and let live attitude and I don't get into debates any more. I've got so much better things to do with my time than to try to point out other's faults, or share my opinions as fact, or my knowledge as the only way. Maybe I've lost a bit of "passion" around home audio, maybe I've just learned to be a little more "chill" about things than I used to be.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
Mojo #437013 06/01/20 11:17 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Why wouldnt you guys use the ignore function?

Pretty sure I’m on a few! Lol.

Anyways.... this thread is tapped. See you in the others fellow audio humans. smile

Mojo #437015 06/01/20 11:30 PM
M
Mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I get a kick out of folks who say "What an asshole you are. That is just your opinion and you present it as fact."

Of course it's just my opinion. And it's as factual as my ears, brain, $70 SPL meter and $35 multi-meter will allow. Sometimes I can even corroborate what I hear and feel with what others hear and feel.

I make these qualifications all the time but some folks read what they want to and make interpretations that suit their perceptual biases. I'm not opposed to that but I will push back because I too am trying to understand better and discourse helps with understanding.

As for pointing out other people's faults, I can't let people believe their old Axioms are like the new Axioms. It was "feel good" comments on these boards like "They're the same but just more bass" that kept me from moving to v4 all those years. It was only when Craig was able to describe the differences that I jumped into v4.

Also note who I choose to make those comments to. There is a gentleman on here who purchased old M60s. It's his first dive into real speakers. I never discouraged him. He's a newbie. There is no way I could have ever known how good v4 is, and how good actives are, without wading through all that other crap.

BTW, there is always the "ignore" option on these boards. If you don't like what I have to say, I will not be offended.

House of the Rising Sone
Mojo #437016 06/01/20 11:46 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I'm totally OK with Mr. Mojo.

Friends, he kept this site alive. Mojo is the 300 joule paddle for this site. He is the exact opposite to those who put this site to sleep. He is unremittingly frisky and enthusiastic.

Now, having said that, if you look at his collection of Axiom speakers (the entire line, my friends) you may conclude he is a bubble-off. But, it's in our direction!

The problem with engineer types is that they know too much. Audio is a combination of art and science, numbers do not tell the whole story. But, I digress.

Craig is a foundational pillar of this site. His reviews and tests of speakers required the investment of a lot of money and time, and are immensely valuable.

Now, not to compare either to our canine friends, but Mojo is like a puppy who has the occasional accident ... and Craig, is like a wise Golden Lab, who doesn't want anyone to piss on his paw.

So, out of love for both, may I say, "CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG?"

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
2x6spds #437019 06/02/20 02:38 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Well said Sir!

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16