Rate Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: It's burning!!!
Mojo #436951 05/31/20 09:45 AM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Craig!? Wow you dont like Mojo. He is a nice guy. smile Really!

Mojo #436954 05/31/20 12:19 PM
C
connoisseur
connoisseur
C
Gentlemen: I will make this easy. I am no longer a member of this forum. My gear will be on USA Audio Mart if someone wants a good price. Peace.

Mojo #436955 05/31/20 12:39 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Pump the brakes!

Dude, we like you!

You sure are fired up. Hope no one you know was directly affected by the violence.

Keep your stuff and your cool. smile Again, you are highly valued and liked. smile

Gotta agree with CV on that one.

Sorry if anything I said offended you. Wasnt my intention.

Mojo #436956 05/31/20 12:50 PM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
Something else is going on here. I don’t think anyone said anything wrong.

Mojo #436958 05/31/20 03:06 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I think that a lot of this stems from the fact that this post didn't need to be made. The U.S. has many splits in society, and a tiny piece of it is reported in the news, so a post is made that the whole country is "burning up?" The OP knows exactly what is going on as it is is in news around the world. Coming and saying, "Hey neighbor, what the hell is going on with your house? Mine is great."

I miss the days of a mix of truly quality posts, humorous ones, and then the occasional post, like this, that don't add any real value and would stir the pot for no reason. I've moved on, as some may recall, to various Facebook groups where you get a higher number of crap/worthless posts, or people asking questions that could be answered by a simple Google search, but they have a lot of quality discussion around the science of audio, and try to keep to that science and not opinion.

I do value other people's opinions, but when most things here are coming from the same main poster, it isn't enough variety of opinion to be taken as any guidance towards scientific audio setup or configurations. Axiom builds speakers based off of science and not marketing like some other companies, and that really drove me to buy my first Axioms 16 years ago. For others, they may have other reasons, but it is the proven science that I start with and then if something new from a setup perspective comes along and a number of people report back successful results, then I look into it more. A lot of that contradicts opinion post topics here.

Anymore the Axiom forums contain a couple of decent discussion topics that are mostly filled with non-sense, opinion, or chit chat (which is totally fine), and then pot-stirring posts or comments. I come here every day out of my love for Axiom, but I don't spend time investing in the discussions here much anymore. The current small "core group" of a couple of people seem very content with the conversations, and the discussions are ones that I many times can't contribute to because they are about speakers I don't have or doing things that I don't care for like phantom centers (again, mainly around speakers that I don't own) .. I left this one alone when I first saw it yesterday morning, then again last night, but things really exploded since then. Yes, Craig exploded a little bit, but knowing him for as long as I have, I totally get it.

Yes, it isn't just this post, but other posts by the OP that destroyed any real leeway in how this post is taken or interpreted. There IS more going on here, but this topic and the original post is not needed. "Ha ha, your stuff sucks, but life is GREAT over here."

Farewell - June 4, 2020
Mojo #436961 05/31/20 04:40 PM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
Nick,
I didn’t take Tex’s post that way ... I took it as a conversation starter ...
It is posted in the right place ... the water cooler.

IMO, the US seem to have broken into two very vocal factions ... each thinks the other is spreading miss information and is generally misinformed. Each believes what they believe and only listens to new outlets, talk shows, or social media which supports that belief. I often have to fact check some of the more compelling arguments that twist what was done or said. Most don’t do that and take at face value what ever was said on the media they subscribe to.

The real problem is trying to get people to talk about it calmly and objectively. A lot of people can not seem to do that ... it’s just a too emotional topic.

1 member likes this: aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Mojo #436962 05/31/20 04:50 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Insurrection. Anarchy. The desire to burn the system down. That's what Antifa (the totalitarian fascist shock troops of the left) is working for.

They infiltrate popular demonstrations against what happened to George Floyd and turn them into well organized violent attacks against police and society.

Then you have thug culture looting and burning.

You also have leftist media making excuses and suggesting a false narrative that the violence is caused by white supremacists.

Ultimately, you have a bad cop who murdered a decent man, a bad cop who acted with a malignant and abandoned heart. He will be convicted and sentenced to 25 years in prison. But the story is no longer about George Floyd. It is about a violent insurrection by the hard left and their anarchist coventurers.

It's time to designate Antifa a domestic terrorist organization and put the FBI to work on what they should be doing instead of participating in a coup against our president.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
1 member likes this: nickbuol
Mojo #436963 05/31/20 04:52 PM
M
Mojo Offline OP
shareholder in the making
OP Offline
M
Echoing Rich, my friends, family and I are very confused. We're trying to understand why all this started and who is behind it. It was disconcerting to me to see a video my son shot from his balcony of 4,000 protesters marching through downtown. I was hoping it would be peaceful.

Like Rich says, it appears some are taking advantage of peaceful protests turning them quite ugly. Are those looters part of something more sinister than looting?

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated
Mojo #436964 05/31/20 04:55 PM
M
Mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Agreed about the bad cop, Philip. I don't know who Antifa is. I need to read up.

As for the media, it's become quite impossible to sort fact from fiction.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated
Mojo #436966 05/31/20 05:03 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hi Craig

Don't let the assholes get to you. You are absolutely correct, leftist/anarchist wreckers have hijacked the George Floyd issue and are using it to try to destroy our great country.

The left never wants a discussion about leftist violence and their hatred of free enterprise, free speech and our liberties. That is what is behind the violence we see.

This is an important topic and if some people don't want to participate or disagree, well, as we used to say in the good-old-days, it's a free country.

I hope you don't go as I always enjoy your comments, and of course, I usually agree with you.

Enjoy the music, don't sell your Axioms, and now you know why so many people buy AR15s.

Peace on you brother!!!

2x6

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
1 member likes this: nickbuol
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020