Rate Thread
How DO You Hook Up 2 Subwoofers?
#4413 07/17/02 02:54 AM
2x6spds Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Hello

Need some advice on setting up dual subwoofers.

I have a Velodyne CHT10 (10" sub) and just bought a Klipsch LF10 (goes down to 19Hz supposedly). The Velodyne is up front next to the left front speaker. I was thinking of putting the Klipsch along the opposite side wall, between the R front and R side surround.

Why? I dunno. Why did I buy a second sub? I dunno - I want more bass, and I want it to sound like it's coming from the speakers. I'd like it to sound powerfully musical when I'm listening to music, and provide suitable levels of sonic violence for HT.

system - My front speakers are M60-like M665s (2 x 6.5" aluminum drivers, 1 x 5.25" aluminum driver and 1 x .75" titanium tweeter) - side surrounds are M22-like M55s, back surrounds Mission 77ds, nice Onkyo TXDS 797THX receiver, Merak MC6H horn center channel.

I think the Klipsch LF10s have an LFE input, dunno about the Velodyne. I was thinking running the LFE output from the Onkyo to the Klipsch and then somehow connecting the Velodyne to the Klipsch outputs. I'm obviously confused.

Anyone successfully hooked up one of these LF10s? or any comparable pair of subs to an Onkyo or comparable receiver?

Be much obliged for your thoughts, tips, ideas, etc.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
Re: How DO You Hook Up 2 Subwoofers?
#4414 07/17/02 08:26 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
First, get a Y-adaptor with one RCA plug for the sub out on the Onkyo and two RCA jacks to feed two sub cables. Connect a sub cable from the Y to the line level input on each sub. Position your second sub not in perfect symmetry with the first, but I'd suggest not as far off as you mention, but nearer to your right main. Set speakers to "small" on the Onkyo which will then cross to the subs below about 80hz and to the speakers above that. Turn the crossovers on both subs as far up as they go( or bypass if either sub has that provision)and leave them there to get them out of the way of the Onkyo crossover so as to minimize interference between the two.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
2 members (Cork, chapin99), 316 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup