Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
i took pictures of maple m22s alongside black m22s
#44236 05/03/04 06:59 AM
buff
OP Offline
buff
this is for everyone who has always been interested on how the maple looks aside from the deceiving pictures at the axiom store. they look real nice - much like unfinished wood. check my profile and click on the link to find it.

enjoy guys!

JOEY's PC Sound System: Polk LSi7 (x4, mains and rears) and SVS 25-31PC+ (sub)
Re: i took pictures of maple m22s alongside black m22s
#44237 05/03/04 07:04 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Pinipig:

Those are nice pics bud, the maple looks really cool. All that sweet gear for a computer system though? That should be transformed into your HT system buddy! I know how dorms are though, I was once in college too. lol

Sutter Cane

#44238 05/03/04 01:06 PM
veteran
veteran
Actually, for a lot of us young whippersnappers, our HT/stereo/computer systems are all combined.

#44239 05/03/04 01:11 PM
aficionado
aficionado
man, quite the set up. your neighbors in the dorm must love, or hate you. what a temptation, not turning the volume up.
dan

#44240 05/03/04 01:14 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
and a lot of us, when we were young whippersnappers, were entirely too poor to have anything like that. i remember being excited as hell when i got a jambox that had both a tape, and CD player!!!

i see all you young college guys buying HT systems and bad a$$ computers, and wonder what the heck i was doing wrong back then?? either i was not working the right jobs, or my parents wernt financing me enough.. oh wait, my parents didnt finance me any..

please tell me that you still eat ramen noodles??

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#44241 05/03/04 01:24 PM
veteran
veteran
i'm 25 - still going to school, working full time, and still eating ramen. it's too late for me to go back to a traditional program. i'm in an adult program that meets on saturdays. it's working out very well.

#44242 05/03/04 01:36 PM
aficionado
aficionado
John, I think it depends on the student. Some do have parents to back them up, god knows most of the people I was in school with were in that boat. I was on loans and grants in college, and broke as all hell until my junior year. That summer I got a good internship and won a full ride scholarship for the next year, then senior year I landed a TA job that paid $16/hour. (which, at least I think, is damn good pay for a college student.) While I didn't have quite the watercooled system in those pics, being a comp. sci. student I did funnel what money I could into my computer. The axioms had to wait until I got a real job though...there's no way I could have afforded the system I have now and still eaten, even ramen. But even within the "financial aid" crowd, I had friends who said "there's no way I could afford that computer" and then went off to band practice with their *insert instrument and amp here* which probably cost a similar amount.

[black]-"The further we go and older we grow, the more we know, the less we show."[/black]
#44243 05/03/04 01:38 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Apologies for going OT.

When I started college (Ohio State), the ONLY TV set was in the first floor lounge; you were lucky to have a radio (small portable) in your room; the telephone was on the wall in the hall; and the only computer in existence occupied an entire floor in some building somewhere, and couldn't do a fraction of what your laptops do today.

By the end of my college career (Kent State) we did have a 13 inch portable black and white TV in the room (on which we religiously watched Laugh In); The phone was still in the hall; and that computer was still taking up an entire floor, although it could probably do a few more things than when I started college.

And we DID walk to classes; in the snow; uphill; BOTH WAYS! (credit to Bill Cosby )

Actually, at Kent State, I lived off campus and did have a pretty healthy, hilly, 20 minute (or more) walk to classes. I remember one winter walking to class with my breath condensing on my mustache. By the time I got to class my mustache was a solid block of ice.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#44244 05/03/04 03:38 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
i surely wasnt poor, but i wasnt buying electronics either. i did have steady income from my GI Bill(Army, 3 1/2 years) but worked several part-time jobs to make ends meet.. landscaper, installed sprinklers, vinyl siding, package courier, blood donation center, and i ran a mobile DJ service on the weekends. that one was my favorite.. most of the dances were on friday and saturday nights, so not only was i making money, but i was saving money cause i was working, and not out drinking.

used to treat myself to a nice big breakfast at IHOP after doing a dance. it was my one good meal of the week!!

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#44245 05/03/04 04:35 PM
buff
OP Offline
buff
Sorry, I forgot to post the other things u see in the picture:

- SVS 25-31PC+ in the top right corner.
- 19" Sony monitor - which has to be replaced this summer to an LCD because it takes too much desk space - i have no place to study!
- Homebuilt WATERCOOLED PC =) -> lian li aluminum case, AMD 2500+ overclocked to 3600+, 1gb ddr400 Geil Ram, Ati Tv tuner, Radeon 9800Pro videocard, Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS soundcard... in case u guys dont notice, my other hobby is pc-building. THE GREEN YOU SEE IS WATER (in the tubes and in the front reservoir)! =P
- Yamaha RXV-530

No no no... im not rich.. but i do make pretty good money at my job at the hospital (15$/hr). I am in medical school and right now - this is probably my last summer working, so i need to start saving a bit... no more speaker upgrade after the QS4s!!

The way i accumulated my stuff is this: whenever i had a big exam or at the end of the semester - if i got an A, i would allow myself a certain number of dollars for self-indulgence... after a while, it added up - and i spent on myself with no remorse because the money, to me, was like a reward spent well. i dont buy things for the heck of it, i have to earn it, even if it means depriving myself of certain things for extended periods of time.

I paid for everything - parents got me the axioms for my getting into medical school though... the sub,pc, monitor, receiver, clothes... everything is through me.

And yes, I eat RAMEN noodles.. but i try to go out a lot - i go to city restaurants a lot.. maybe a little too much because i find that most of my money goes to food. And no, im not fat.

thanks for looking guys!

btw, i returned the maples - i kept the black oak... besides, i thought the black matched my overall room (stands, pc, monitor, sub, receiver, keyboard... blah blah blah) better. cheers! =)

Last edited by pinipig523; 05/03/04 04:43 PM.

JOEY's PC Sound System: Polk LSi7 (x4, mains and rears) and SVS 25-31PC+ (sub)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters