Print Thread
Rate Thread
New AxiomAir will not setup via AirPlay
#442632 06/12/21 03:52 PM
ArthurC Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
Just received my AxiomAir and I must say, first impressions are not good as the thing is not responding at all to attempts to get it on my network.

I’ve tried setting up as “new airplay speaker” from my ipad, iphone, and mac. No love. The process starts but it just times out with “unexpected error”.

I’ve tried connecting to the hotspot wifi on a windows pc. It says it connects and I get an IP on the 192.168.211 network but when I attempt to go to 192.168.211.1, it fails.

Once I saw the name of the WiFi hotspot (doesn’t show on Apple devices), I tried connecting to it. No love. Just times out.

At this point I don’t know what to do. I’ve tried rebooting it and my devices to no avail. It seems the hotspot is not responsive. Not sure how to proceed here.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Re: New AxiomAir will not setup via AirPlay
ArthurC #442633 06/12/21 03:57 PM
ArthurC Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
50th times the charm. I did finally manage to get it to connect to one of my WiFi networks. Will now see if I can move forward and get this thing to work. Frustrating when things that should “just work” don’t.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
ArthurC #442634 06/12/21 04:04 PM
ArthurC Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
I was able to play a song from my ipad. However, the axiom air app fails to find the device even when I set the IP to the allocated IP (found it on my router). I am on the same WiFi as the device.

When I was playing song from ipad, no volume control appeared to work. Not on music player no the hard buttons on the device.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
ArthurC #442636 06/12/21 04:10 PM
ArthurC Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
Seems the power button doesn’t respond the way it should either. I cannot power off the device merely by pushing the button. I always have to hold it for 10s of seconds. BTW, LEDs are annoying to see at the top of the access panel. I need to put my head on the table. Should have been below the buttons IMHO.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
ArthurC #442637 06/12/21 07:36 PM
ArthurC Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
Update: situation improving. UI certainly weird (buggy?). Editing NAS mounts changes randomly. I renamed one (have FLAC and some purchased HD content in different paths) but UI is renaming it when I hit save. Adding TuneIn stations to favorites doesn’t work. Music library doesn’t appear to be grabbing all content. Perhaps too large? Dunno.

On the positive side, it sounds amazing. All my issues are software related.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
ArthurC #442638 06/12/21 11:13 PM
M
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
M
Arthur, I have the Force and Freedom. The software needs a ton of work. Axiom is working on a brand new software platform but it's anyone's guess when that will be available or if it will run on existing hardware (very doubtful).

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated
ArthurC #442640 06/13/21 12:22 PM
ArthurC Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
It would be great if they just ran a Squeezebox client on it and I could use my existing setup with it. It sounds great.

Sadly though, today attempted to stream the Smartless podcast to it using Spotify. It must use an unsupported stream format as the speaker was greyed out in the UI. That’s unfortunate.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
ArthurC #442645 06/13/21 07:25 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Unfortunately i don't have much to add. I ran into connection issues early on when i got ours several years ago. Firmware updates fixed a few things and after adding bluetooth support, we haven't had any problems since for our uses.
Our uses include two fairly simple things with an occasional third:
1) connecting to bluetooth from Apple or Android phone to play streaming online music
2) connecting to the Air via its own hotspot to play music already located on the mobile device with BubblePNP player or Apple player
3) hook up sonos to the Air inputs for use out on the deck

We haven't had a need to hook it up to the home wifi since the rest of our home units are connected with Sonos as the streaming device. We have taken our Sonos on the deck and connected it to Air in that manner. We have to switch the Air over to analog inputs and i have to remember to switch it back or else it tricks me into thinking i don't have bluetooth connectivity when i use that connection format.

Incidentally, i believe my firmware is ver 2.08 or something like that and i think they are up to ver 2.12?
Someone can confirm.
Since ours works as we need, i haven't bothered to update to the latest firmware.

For your issues, i suggest you contact Axiom via phone during the week to help sort it out. The forum is a bit slow and hard to describe issues and fixes related to software and connectivity.

Last edited by chesseroo; 06/13/21 07:26 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
chesseroo #442656 06/14/21 01:34 PM
ArthurC Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
My firmware is up-to-date and is reporting version 2.13.3 (Toasted Cherry released 2020-12-30).

Semper ubi sub ubi.

Moderated by  Andrew, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters