Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
BRAVO CANADIAN TRUCKERS!
#444490 02/03/22 03:02 AM
2x6spds Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Love to see free people stand up for freedom!

The government response? Silly insults. Seriously unserious people with a terrible agenda.

Honk!

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
Re: BRAVO CANADIAN TRUCKERS!
2x6spds #444493 02/03/22 05:51 AM
C
aficionado
aficionado
C
Originally Posted by 2x6spds
Love to see free people stand up for freedom!

The government response? Silly insults. Seriously unserious people with a terrible agenda.

Honk!

Silly insults are only applicable when they are aimed at very silly people. When this group indulges in their 24hr./day temper tantrums while claiming they are standing up for freedom, at the same time they seem to have no problem at all impinging on the freedoms, rights and livelihoods of others who, many times over, far outnumber them. I wouldn't describe them as "free people standing up for freedom", I believe a better description would be "deadbeats".

2x6spds #444496 02/03/22 02:52 PM
2x6spds Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Comply! Obey! Yes, the reset brings us a brave new world. Those who resist are selfish fascists.

2x6spds #444498 02/03/22 06:01 PM
2x6spds Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Yes, and everyone knows truckers are deadbeats. Sorry, I forgot about that - and uneducated! So few college grads, and among them, so few who majored in Non-binary puppetry. What a bunch of deadbeats!

2x6spds #444500 02/03/22 08:48 PM
M
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
I only just allowed my Class A CDL with doubles, triples, hazmat, tanker, and passenger endorsements lapse, because I have not gotten behind the wheel of a tractor in 10 years and I did not feel competent as a licensed "deadbeat" anymore. But when I did drive, I do not recall it being a simple job that any "deadbeat" could perform. I suppose this term also applies to others who earn a living with their hands and bodies and it can't be performed "remotely" via Zoom?

Well, I suppose the term "deadbeat" is better than "racist", the usual go-to term leveled at anyone who has independent thought, not in alignment with the most current progressive talking point.

I also have five degrees. Liberal Arts and Science. I'm so confused....

1 member likes this: 2x6spds
michael_d #444511 02/04/22 02:42 AM
C
aficionado
aficionado
C
Originally Posted by michael_d
I only just allowed my Class A CDL with doubles, triples, hazmat, tanker, and passenger endorsements lapse, because I have not gotten behind the wheel of a tractor in 10 years and I did not feel competent as a licensed "deadbeat" anymore. But when I did drive, I do not recall it being a simple job that any "deadbeat" could perform. I suppose this term also applies to others who earn a living with their hands and bodies and it can't be performed "remotely" via Zoom?

Well, I suppose the term "deadbeat" is better than "racist", the usual go-to term leveled at anyone who has independent thought, not in alignment with the most current progressive talking point.

I also have five degrees. Liberal Arts and Science. I'm so confused....

Congratulations!

However, despite your impressive credentials, you somewhat missed the point AND misread my comments. Nowhere did I ever accuse ALL truckers or anyone who worked with their hands as being deadbeats, in fact, I never even mentioned the word "truckers" at all. The focal point of my comments, The City of Ottawa, where all this started, due to road blockage, intimidation and overall inability of access, many thousands of people who live in and around the area of the blockade were unable to go to work, shop or eat resulting in a considerable number of retail, restaurant and business closures which has been going on for several days. It seemed many of those "freedom fighters"( which included some truckers)found that out as well with no restaurants open, burst into a homeless shelter demanding food from the operators which they reluctantly received. There have been several other similar incidents resulting in fines and arrests.

Add it all up, when many people were prevented from entering the area and food was selfishly absconded from those that actually needed it, anyone with half a brain would conclude that was an impingement on their rights and freedoms, wouldn't you?

2x6spds #444512 02/04/22 02:44 AM
2x6spds Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Just remember Michael. It's OK for the government to shut down the economy, but if truckers peacefully demonstrate for freedom and thereby inconvenience people, well that is selfish and fascistic. Probably racist as well.

As to your degrees, that's fine, but they are probably in old-think subjects. Check your privilege. Not in gender studies, critical race theory, theory and practice of Marxist revolution, right? Doesn't that just say it all.

2x6spds #444513 02/04/22 02:45 AM
2x6spds Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Double post. Sorry.

Last edited by 2x6spds; 02/04/22 02:46 AM.

casey01 #444518 02/04/22 04:32 PM
M
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
This is what you said.

Originally Posted by casey01
I wouldn't describe them as "free people standing up for freedom", I believe a better description would be "deadbeats".

Pretty hard for anyone to interpret it other than calling truckers what you wrote. If you were describing a larger demographic, you did not make mention of it, so the initial reaction to your comments was an inferred insult.

I get why you would be pissed by protestors making your life inconvenient. However, you might consider expanding your view across Canada to where the convoy started. It did not start in The City of Ottawa. The news channels reporting this trucker-organized protest are making ludicrous claims that anyone with an IQ north of 60 knows is complete rubbish. They are protesting for what they believe are very valid reasons. And they are not burning buildings, throwing bricks at cops, or looting or commandeering city blocks and courthouses.

6 - yes, old-school education, that isn't all "woke" like and has to do with silly things like finance, management, and philosophy. And I didn't start till I was in my 40's, while working full time. I do not sport a man-bun, have a trust fund, or drive a Tesla. I don't wave MAGA flags either.

Funny thing about education and degrees. Sometimes it only takes two or three additional classes to get another one...... Two more for third, etc, etc..... Education can be helpful, but it's mostly just a damn racket to transfer money to the school's administrator's pockets.

2x6spds #444524 02/04/22 10:00 PM
C
devotee
devotee
C
Originally Posted by 2x6spds
Love to see free people stand up for freedom! ...

Freedom to harm yourself I'm fine with. Ride a cycle without a helmet, have it it. Putting other people at risk isn't freedom, it's selfishness. If we had this anti-science mindset a few generations ago we wouldn't all be here. I remember my mom telling me about all the people her family lost to polio; very sad. As the anti-vax crowd digs in I expect bad days to return. My only hope is that instead of heard immunity we get a Darwin-Award immunity.

Last edited by Cork; 02/04/22 10:02 PM. Reason: Wrong word
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020