Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Can I play from USB without the app?
Cork #445442 05/16/22 06:52 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Come on rrlev...this is time well spent. I mean every post I make has high value, really, all of them. Ha Ha! But i get what you're saying.If i had some friends that were really into audio etc then id be here less but you guys get it and i enjoy it, so whatever, that s why im here. I've learned a ton being here and its fun too. It's funny how i can here all your "voices " and wy of talking and personalities thru the keyboard, it's hilarious. Everybody has their own style.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595
Cork #445461 05/17/22 08:43 PM
M
shareholder in the making
M
I had friends until I got into audio. Then I started telling them what they should be hearing, how to place their speakers and how room comfort, furnishings and other things like their spouses' feelings are incongruent with the the goal of suspension of disbelief. For the rich knowledge I impart, I am labeled mean. Now I ask you? Who is the victim here?

Personality goes a long way...via a keyboard.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated
Mojo #445462 05/17/22 10:25 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Originally Posted by Mojo
I had friends until I got into audio. Then I started telling them what they should be hearing, how to place their speakers and how room comfort, furnishings and other things like their spouses' feelings are incongruent with the the goal of suspension of disbelief. For the rich knowledge I impart, I am labeled mean. Now I ask you? Who is the victim here?

Personality goes a long way...via a keyboard.

Cant argue with that. There's no point in not being yourself...
I don't think you're mean...just misunderstood. Everybody is too darn sensitive these days anyway about everything, the least of which concerns hi fidelity audio! I say tell it like it is, in your opinion, and let the op amps fall where they may. Keep the knowledge coming! (yes, i'm encouraging him Rrlev!).

Maybe you need to write a treatise on your audio experienes, your M5 review is excellent, in my opinion.

"Suspension of Disbelief: A Treatise of Audio Journeys: Probing the depths of Hi-Fidelity" By: Mojo. Lime Mankini Publishing.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595
Cork #445463 05/18/22 01:28 AM
M
M
Oh Tyler! You understand me. Let's run away together. smile

Did you mean to say "...let the op amps fall where they may?" smile Do you know what an op amp is?

I wrote a guide on how to choose stereo speakers. A few owners of speakers, with no special knowledge of audio, read paper copies of it and were not only extremely interested but also shaken.

That document title proves you have a creative in you. Keep nourishing it.

House of the Rising Sone
Cork #445464 05/18/22 01:48 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Oh there's creativity here, don't you worry. I wrote a nice little piece awhile ago, around christmas maybe, i'll see if I can find the thread. I was batting back and forth with 2x6 on that one. Creative writing was the only class I got an A in in highschool, the rest were C's and C-. I barely survived yet I finished early. I had the bare minimum of credits to graduate halfway thru the year due to a work experience program. Called a meeting with the principal to confirm my credits and said peace out in January! Only thing I really learned in school was how to work the system and cover my butt and follow my heart by way of a generally poor experience overall at school. So I guess i got what i needed from there after all, but I digress....

I did mean to say op amp! I was making a play on the word "chips" but I have a feeling you are about to correct me on that!
I've been reading and watching videos about different dACs and preamps etc, R to R, ladder etc blah blah blah, I threw it in there......school me, I can take it! I might even thankyou...

"Introduction: Lime Mankini Publishing proudly presents a tome of treasures of the audio wanderings of Mojo Mankini. His quixotic yet monastic thinking leads us into the proverbial rabbit hole of holography. Take a step into the 3D depths of audio as we expore the unknown with our unsung hero."

Cork #445468 05/18/22 04:50 AM
M
M
Sorry to hear about your high school. I went to a special school for dumb kids (not kidding) and it was the best thing I did. To this day, not a week goes by that I don't thank my physics, math, chemistry and three electrical and electronics teachers who changed my life. That's also where I met Sheilagh, June, Crystal and Lisa. We all got along very well.

Yeah, I'll correct you on op amp. It's op-amp. At least that's how I learned it.

Maybe you can be my poetuc herald when we go on the road to preach audio.

Ever see my Christmas poem?

Cork, have we answered your question?

House of the Rising Sone
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andrew, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940